• ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Marsupials, because they're fast.
    I lived on an island on the south end of the Skyway bridge, I remember the day it was knocked down by a coast guard ship the Blackthorn.

Did you ever fish off the remnants of the old bridge? I have seen people fishing off it and it looks like it could be good.

Also, do you ever get really hungry for Ted Peters smoked fish? :D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    DIY dentistry. If SHTF, I hope my wisdom teeth don't decide to act up.

2086241743_9ed4bf0720_z.jpg

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Running out of meds, without them the first asthma attack, which would only be a short time without my meds, and I'm a goner! Then my wife and kids would be alone.:noway:

HUSKYPEDRO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Muncie,In
    I hope that I am doing all of this for nothing.

My biggest fear is being out of town and away from all of my supplies when SHTF.

You're absolutely right! I work nights and am afraid I'll be at work when the SHTF. Since I live 8 minutes from work. I kinda got a warning in a sense of a way. My father lives 2 houses over from me. I always tell him if there is an emergency. Go in my house and flip my air raid siren switch.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have not but appreciate the heads up. I will avoid.

KY is not in my territory except for one plant near Newport so I have to take the bridge from Cincy. That one is no fun.

The worst for me has been in Duluth, MN over Lake Superior. The bridge looks sturdy but it's at least 1 million miles long!! First time I saw it, I had to pull over and get myself geeked up.

f94bc358434435c60bb8d01c28bde8f1_zps666405fc.jpg

It's awesome that there are others here who hate bridges. Long bridges and tunnels are my least favorite things.

The Chesapeake Bay bridge in Annapolis is several miles of scary that you have to pay to experience. It was always one of my least favorite parts of the trip to visit my sister in Delaware.

Growing up along the coast and in VA, bridges and tunnels were a normal part of learning to drive for us. But I will agree, the CBBT is a pretty crazy bridge/tunnel combo. Nothing like being halfway across, looking out completely surrounded by water with huge ships passing you know that you still have 10 miles and 2 more tunnels to go through.
    Chesapeake Bay Bridge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    General Physical Prep.

You can have tons of food, ammo, shelter, ect. But if you are a fat slow out of shape person the survival will go to the fittest. My fear is for those I care for not being physically and mentally ready to survive. The reality is that if it really goes down. Your body has to be ready to withstand. Train, prep, hoard, but if you are over weight dependent on meds, and physically broken. You are toast. My fear is that many of us are loaded down, but physically bankrupt.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    People who marginalized those who 'prepare', esteeming them as lacking in intellect and relegating them to fringe areas of society.

Gonna' hate to have to show them the business end of my shotgun when they knock on my door asking for food.

That and watching my ice cream melt when the power grid goes down for good.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sudden collapse. Let's say, something that happens within a two week time span. That will bring panic and who knows where it goes from there, but it won't be pretty. My biggest fear at that point is someone discovering that we have supplies and ending up with a whole neighborhood of unprepared, starving people trying to get to some food at once.

My hope is for a slow grind back to being a society based on morals and values over stuff. One that replaces our materialistic mindset with one of neighbors helping neighbors and people being valued for their skills, not the price of their car.

Another big fear is somehow getting caught up, disarmed and sent to a FEMA camp for 'our own good' while the govt figures out what to do.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Another things that scares me is:

What if everyone bigger than I am decided to wear Speedos exclusively?

Top Bottom