• Total voters

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If I may, why do you feel you need to carry a 1911 and use a back up? Is this for work? And on what planet is a Glock 19 a "backup" weapon?

Who in their right mind would conceal the beauty of a Colt 1911? I... just couldn't bring myself to do it. I couldn't sleep at night knowing I hid her blued-steel finish from the world.

G19/G30 just because I'm giving in and dropping my anti-glock sentiments. I've got a rifle or two to purchase before I get it... but I'll allow myself to get one Glock to add to the collection :)

The USP has become more of a nightstand gun, since I put the light on it, so it's not really available to throw into an IWB holster.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Who in their right mind would conceal the beauty of a Colt 1911? I... just couldn't bring myself to do it. I couldn't sleep at night knowing I hid her blued-steel finish from the world.

G19/G30 just because I'm giving in and dropping my anti-glock sentiments. I've got a rifle or two to purchase before I get it... but I'll allow myself to get one Glock to add to the collection :)

The USP has become more of a nightstand gun, since I put the light on it, so it's not really available to throw into an IWB holster.

OOOHHHH... I took it as you saying you were going to OC the 1911 and carry the G19 concealed AT THE SAME TIME... I was thinking a :mallninja: was in our midst...

In that case, I fully support your decision and recommend fully the G19. It is a GREAT weapon. I used to be anti Glock just like you, until I owned one.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Just for some historical reference, here are 3 other polls/threads where a similar question was asked on INGO (with similar results).

2008 (311 votes):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...g/4927-what_caliber_do_you_usually_carry.html

2009 (258 votes):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...do_you_carry_most_often_for_self_defense.html

2010 (84 votes):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ding/69014-favorite_semi_auto_round_poll.html

Maybe this is the 2011 poll on the topic.

I guess so. I've only been a member since the very last bit of 2010, and wasn't aware of a poll, and no, I didn't search.

Quit hatin' and just vote already :D

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    No hatin' here. I voted a day or 2 ago.

Just thought folks might like some of the historical data as well.

Not a lot of change over the last 4 years - but there's been a lot of caliber shift in the last 25.

One thing I find interesting is with all the talk of 380 pocket pistols and 38 snubbie revolvers there seems to be around here, both calibers combined have only run about 10% for the last several years.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    No hatin' here. I voted a day or 2 ago.

Just thought folks might like some of the historical data as well.

Not a lot of change over the last 4 years - but there's been a lot of caliber shift in the last 25.

One thing I find interesting is with all the talk of 380 pocket pistols and 38 snubbie revolvers there seems to be around here, both calibers combined have only run about 10% for the last several years.

That is pretty interesting. I would have thought at least 25% carried some kind of .380 with the way demand is right now. I guess I'd chalk up the low percentage to the expensive ammo costs... :dunno:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    That is pretty interesting. I would have thought at least 25% carried some kind of .380 with the way demand is right now. I guess I'd chalk up the low percentage to the expensive ammo costs... :dunno:

Or people just don't want to admit that they carry a .380. It's like going to the Harley boards and admitting that you ride a scooter.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

Or it could be that since you could only vote for 1 caliber in the poll people selected their primary carry caliber. Lots of people carry a BUG as well (and a few carry a tertiary gun) - which is/are often lighter calibers.

I'd like to see a poll like this sometime where people can select more than 1 caliber.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Or it could be that since you could only vote for 1 caliber in the poll people selected their primary carry caliber. Lots of people carry a BUG as well (and a few carry a tertiary gun) - which is/are often lighter calibers.

I'd like to see a poll like this sometime where people can select more than 1 caliber.

I thought about it but, it seemed like it would skew the results. Maybe I'll start a "What's your BUG" poll...

Top Bottom