:faint:

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Sig P320 Carry and P320 full sized.
    When I decided to buy my first fill sized 9mm HG I stumbled across a early S&W M&P 4.25" Pro at a unbelievably good deal, but it ended up having what what i would describe as inconsistent accuracy. I have a Ruger MK-IV and a Dan Wesson 357 that I shoot both at least for me quite well. Very first outing with the M&P Pro I shot my first 6 rounds into a nice 3" group at 15 yards. Then I would shoot 5-6 rounds in a nice cluster then the next 5-6 in a much wider group. I wrote it off to a bad range day. But this happened again and again. So next range session I took both my Ruger and DW with. When I shot several poor groups with the M&P I switched to the DW and shot it very well.

The clincher was when I was shooting the S&W rather badly a fellow member at my gun club suggested I shoot his full sized P320 to confirm if it was me or the gun. I shot it very well and liked the way it fit my hand every bit as much as the M&P. I promptly sold it to a guy looking for a 4.25" 9mm M&P Pro who didn't care after I told him I felt the gun had an apparent accuracy problem as he planed on replacing the barrel and trigger group with AM replacements anyhow.

I was very interested in buy a P320, but decided to go to a new LGS that rented HGs at one flat rate and you could shoot as many HGs as you wished but you had to buy their ammo as I desided to let the HG choose me instead of the other way around. I shot the new S&W M&P 2.0 FS & Compact, a CZ P-10c, H&K VP9, Glock 17 & 19, FN 509 and the Sig P320 Compact, Carry and FS. In the end the P320 Carry chose me.

The P-320 line of HG's fit me better than all others I have tried or owned and subsequently I shoot them better, not by a lot but enough that they are my current favorite HG.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Love shooting this thing. Picked it up at McDonalds in Marion back in 2000. Put the Hogue grip on it right after that and that's all I've done to it in 20 years. Still shoots like a dream.
    Anaconda.JPG

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    The obligatory "The one in my hand" comes to mind. Honestly though, I have always loved my first M1 carbine. And the newer, plastic, high capacity guns are fun. But sometimes it's just nice to have a solid 1911 in your hand.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I read though every comment and thought to myself, what gun(s) do i want to pass on to my girls someday as an "heirloom"? What are the criteria? Who knows :dunno:
    Id say my first ar build. Its a tank. I just dont have the same confidence with my fancier ars.

Ruger mk3... just so much fun!

Wizardized cz75 and cajunized cz85 are the most used/ just blow my mind guns

2A.frost.SRT8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2019
    Jeffersonville
    As far as my rifles go... 1st would be my beloved M1A loaded (that thing drives nails in its current configuration for me), my scout squad and CQB would be a very very close tie for second when shooting off hand.

342c9f0dfc3ec070ef1a99456320da33.jpg

6be5fe0e64c6e1451f7161382de1fac5.jpg

49b1b09f342c88fc82b5a018a5b029c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 Scout Rifle.

I've only just finished it a short time ago, but it's one that I've wanted to do for many years. That dream has made this a very emotional one for me, and to have it done is right now making this my favorite of all. It's every bit as smooth as any modern gun, but with 10 rounds on hand, and a look and feel that I've always been connected to. Being a historical piece is cool, having it modified into what I want is also cool. It ended up still shooting very well.

abqQTV4.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 Scout Rifle.

I've only just finished it a short time ago, but it's one that I've wanted to do for many years. That dream has made this a very emotional one for me, and to have it done is right now making this my favorite of all. It's every bit as smooth as any modern gun, but with 10 rounds on hand, and a look and feel that I've always been connected to. Being a historical piece is cool, having it modified into what I want is also cool. It ended up still shooting very well.

abqQTV4.jpg

Killed my first deer with a borrowed, sporterized Enfiled and it couldn't hold a candle to yours. I've actually never had a desire to own one but what you've done there is extremely nice, I'd love to add one to my collection.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How are you people picking favorites? I just can't bring myself . . . ok, maybe I have one, but sentimental value only:

Maternal Grandfather's single shot .22 s, l, lxtra l. Some of INGO may have known my grandfather as the "Clock Man of Hendricks County", Oren C. Page.

WINCHESTER M1902, purchased 1922 with egg money in the Big City of Terre Haute.

Winchester+1904.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For handguns I fancy a .22 revolver (ok, that is a lie, I like them all):

Bottom one was my greatgrandfather's, made August 1946, first new gun he purchased after WWII. Believed to be purchased in Sullivan County, Indiana (we think).

31183499_10216217352212113_377558252730187776_o.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    For handguns I fancy a .22 revolver (ok, that is a lie, I like them all):

Bottom one was my greatgrandfather's, made August 1946, first new gun he purchased after WWII. Believed to be purchased in Sullivan County, Indiana (we think).

31183499_10216217352212113_377558252730187776_o.jpg

That takes the whole 'two is one, and one is none' mantra to the extreme!

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Killed my first deer with a borrowed, sporterized Enfiled and it couldn't hold a candle to yours. I've actually never had a desire to own one but what you've done there is extremely nice, I'd love to add one to my collection.

Thank you. My first Lee Enfield, was a simple sporterized job. Once I had sold it, I realized how much I missed it, and wanted it back. Then I got to dreaming about what it could have been had it been done up right... I had 10 years to think about it before I stumbled across another...

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    A range trip usually starts with an internal debate between taking my Bren 805 or WWSD AR, so picking a kid. That might change though when my XCR-M comes in three weeks late.

Guns were never a big part of my family. I think if my grandmother hadn't passed before I was born and I had memories of her, the 12 gauge she would obliterate critters with on the farm would've been my favorite. It got sold to pay for grampa's assisted living before I had money for guns anyway.

Top Bottom