• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    My favorite gun that I own would have to be a small Ithaca 72 lever gun. It was a gift from my late uncle a few months before he passed, and was first owned by my grandfather. It's a great little 22 with a crisp trigger and smooth lever. It's the 1 gun that I would never sell, even if it meant life or death. One of the fun quirks it has that I love from a history perspective is it being stamped with "Made in West Germany".

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    My Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 Scout Rifle.

I've only just finished it a short time ago, but it's one that I've wanted to do for many years. That dream has made this a very emotional one for me, and to have it done is right now making this my favorite of all. It's every bit as smooth as any modern gun, but with 10 rounds on hand, and a look and feel that I've always been connected to. Being a historical piece is cool, having it modified into what I want is also cool. It ended up still shooting very well.

abqQTV4.jpg

I'm a leave it be kinda guy, and it almost hurts to say it, but that is really cool!

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    My all time favorite type gun would be a German Luger, next would be a Colt 1911. As a kid I had cap gun models of them, now that I'm old and have real ones. The itch has been scratched, so to speak.

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    My two favorite guns are a MK12 Mod 1 clone, and a Gradous .300 WM rifle. The Win Mag (Jolene) is stupid accurate. It is really fun to shoot.

MK12

Jolene

Here is a group at 300 yards when I was getting dope for Jolene.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Good thread, thanks for starting it phylo. (Kidding, I do wonder why the first post got trashed making you look like the OP?)

I would have to say my fav isn't actually mine. My parents have a mint colt that we anticipate belonged to my great grandfather. They literally found it in the attic. The house has been passed down for generations and never been 100% cleaned out like you would for a traditional home sale.
    Close inspection reveals that it had likely never been fired and was new in box condition.

It is so smooth and fun to shoot.

Pics are here. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/429061-parents-found-gun-attic-literally-2.html

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Don't really have a favorite and don't get attached to material things. They get beat and sold off for new ones. If I don't like them they get sold. Tools in my tool box.

Top Bottom