What's your most enjoyable "small" gun to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My smallest gun is a Ruger lcp custom with Fort Wayne Tactical trigger upgrades, holster activated Viridian laser, and hogue grip sleeve. Fun to shoot and accurate at self defense distances. I enjoy putting it through the paces evertime i hit the range

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Glock 42 when it works is probably the most enjoyable centerfire - accurate and soft recoil. Like my Shield 45 too. My 1971 PPK/S 22 lr is really fun.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    vRV5P95h.jpg

I like to shoot this little monster way more than I probably should. Loaded with 38 Special its snappy, 357 mag just downright hurts

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My P938 is my favorite little gun. One of these days I’m going to pick up a S&W Model 60 and that would probably trump the 938 but until that happens, the Sig takes top honors.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Have a M&P 9c fun to shoot, comfortable to carry, good gun, discreet carry is my P32, fun to shoot also, but ammo is expensive. Have a K-T P11 not a great trigger, but good truck gun. My wife has a Sig 365, but she won't let me play with it, or carry it...............

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I started out on my quest for the smallest CC gun, and had many, but gave up the .25 & .32 & .380 calibers.
    Had nearly all the variations of small .38 special revolvers (S & W hammer and hammerless, Taurus, Charter Arms) and currently have the Ruger LCRx .38 & previously had the LCR .357 (sweetest trigger).
    Back to the semi-autos, I have had a bevy of them, and settled on the Shield 9 after having many of them, but the Sig 365 replaced it and now I have the Ruger EC9 (w/9 rnd mag) for my small semi-auto CC, since I wanted a safety on a gun I CC in a pocket holster.

The Sig 365 was the best shooter if accuracy is your standard.
    I've learned that in a CC it absolute accurancy doesn't have to be the ultimate, and as long is it can hit the "circle" from 12' - 20': I'm happy.

Just for fun I had a SW .22 Magnum Airlight revolver that I loved, but couldn't justify it vs. carrying a .38 sp.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I started out on my quest for the smallest CC gun, and had many, but gave up the .25 & .32 & .380 calibers.
    Had nearly all the variations of small .38 special revolvers (S & W hammer and hammerless, Taurus, Charter Arms) and currently have the Ruger LCRx .38 & previously had the LCR .357 (sweetest trigger).
    Back to the semi-autos, I have had a bevy of them, and settled on the Shield 9 after having many of them, but the Sig 365 replaced it and now I have the Ruger EC9 (w/9 rnd mag) for my small semi-auto CC, since I wanted a safety on a gun I CC in a pocket holster.

The Sig 365 was the best shooter if accuracy is your standard.
    I've learned that in a CC it absolute accurancy doesn't have to be the ultimate, and as long is it can hit the "circle" from 12' - 20': I'm happy.

Just for fun I had a SW .22 Magnum Airlight revolver that I loved, but couldn't justify it vs. carrying a .38 sp.

I think you forgot to answer the question posed by the OP.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I've had a Sig P365 for less than two weeks now, but I am quite happy with it. I only have about 60 rounds fired so far, but I just got the 12-round magazines last night, so that will go up soon.

Keltec P3AT and Ruger LCP are both fine. They aren't target guns by any means, but it only took me about 200 rounds to get pretty comfortable with those.

Not easy shooting would be a S&W 69 with full power loads !

If you'd like to go one step further, you are welcome to try my S&W 329PD. It makes that 69 feel quite heavy.

I like to think that it's a very nice .44 Special that just so happens to be able to shoot magnums as well. If you are mad at your hand for some reason.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Picked up a Remington RM380 last year. The gun has been flawless thru approximately 500 rds and has very soft recoil. It's my go to pocket gun.
    Just picked up a CZ Rami, want to shoot it some more before I start to carry it, but so far-so good.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up a Remington RM380 last year. The gun has been flawless thru approximately 500 rds and has very soft recoil. It's my go to pocket gun.
    Just picked up a CZ Rami, want to shoot it some more before I start to carry it, but so far-so good.

Loved the Rami: much like the Glock 26 and the Bersa TPR9c.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My favorite is a Colt 1903 Hammerless in .32acp.
    There really is nothing like it.

My second is a Ruger SP101 in .327fed/mag
    Both are simply a joy to shoot.

Top Bottom