What's your most enjoyable "small" gun to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    How small are you considering "small"?

Boberg XR-9/Bond Arms Bullpup is pretty fun. rated to +p and puts brass in low orbit.
    HK P7 is a hoot.
    Walther CCP's fun as long as you find one that the trigger doesn't feel like it has gravel for bearings.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Recently picked up the LCPII and thinks it's a great shooter; although I do not like the ammo prices for the .380. Next in line is my LCR 357. I actually prefer the LCPII to carry ONLY because the LCR is heavier and bulkier.

I'm enjoying my LCP ll more than my Shield 9 for summer carry myself. Great shooting and never thought pocket carry would be for me but it really works. I've been finding the Winchester Train & Defend ammo on closeout at Walmart for $13.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Depends on what you mean by "enjoyable".

vukhnlo.jpg

It's hard to hold on to.
    and hard to hit anything.
    But.. it seems to bring a smile to people that aren't used to .22s "kicking".

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Depends on what you mean by "enjoyable".

vukhnlo.jpg

It's hard to hold on to.
    and hard to hit anything.
    But.. it seems to bring a smile to people that aren't used to .22s "kicking".

I have the folding grip version with an extra 22 mag cylinder. I've only shot the 22lr. Wow I love how much I hate this little gun. It's my deep conceal when in enemy or commie territory and have to leave my EDC in an undisclosed location. Lol

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    No. I've got a few hundred rounds through it and 4 magazines and it has gone bang as it should, every time. I traded my G42 for it. It was used but the gun store owner said it had been sent back to S&W for a recall, so it was recently brought up to the latest spec. It looked as though it had never been shot when I field stripped it and cleaned it the first time.

I think you'd like it. It is the easiest slide I've ever racked. It has two little lips or edges on the back of the slide serrations that make it even easier. The mags are super easy to load, too, and are very resistant to misloading. They don't chew up your thumbs, either. Everything about the gun is as easy as they advertise. I'm really impressed with it. I'm going to run it at Friday Night Steel sometime, just for the fun of it.

I loved the G42, but it wasn't reliable on cheap range ammo. It only ran as it should on hotter carry ammo, so it was expensive to enjoy, so I let it go. I bought the EZ for my wife because she hates recoil and is too timid to rack my other hand guns properly. She can rack the EZ with no issues. I didn't realize I'd wind up liking it so much. It fits her small hands perfectly but also fits my large hands comfortably, too.

The 43 is still my EDC because it is thinner, has great night sights (Tru-Glo TFX) and is slightly more comfortable, but I bought a Kydex IWB holster for the EZ anyway and occasionally carry it. The extra mags are very thin/narrow, so extras are very easy to carry.

Thanks! Gonna have to take another look.....close this time.

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    I'm still figuring that out. I prefer full size handguns so I've only shot anything with a barrel shorter than 5" once or twice. I love my 1911. Most comfortable gun I've ever held, even with my dainty, soft hands. Problem is, it is most definitely not very comfortable shooting .45 with it. It's not the recoil, it's how hard the recoil hits the inside of my thumb. I also have a G34 that I am enjoying immensely but it runs the knuckle on my thumb raw.

I think that what I will end up finding most enjoyable is a 9mm 1911/2011.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I'm still figuring that out. I prefer full size handguns so I've only shot anything with a barrel shorter than 5" once or twice. I love my 1911. Most comfortable gun I've ever held, even with my dainty, soft hands. Problem is, it is most definitely not very comfortable shooting .45 with it. It's not the recoil, it's how hard the recoil hits the inside of my thumb. I also have a G34 that I am enjoying immensely but it runs the knuckle on my thumb raw.

I think that what I will end up finding most enjoyable is a 9mm 1911/2011.

What safety/backstrap was it wearing though? I can't shoot more than a few rounds with the GI tail stabbing my hand every shot but virtually any other beavertail is fine.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Used to like a PF9 because it was so easy to carry and conceal. Too small for my hands.
    Liked a S&W 469 for the capacity and small size - too small for my hands.
    Liked a Kahr CM9, but- you guessed it - too small for my hands. Now a backup, ankle carry.
    Settled on Kahr CW9 - fits my hands and I shoot it well. Not as easy to carry and conceal as the PF9, but it'll do.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Kahr K9 Elite 9mm

Little on the pricey side but it shoots very well and has eaten everything I've put through it 100% reliably. It is by far the pistol I'm most accurate with even more so than my CZ SP01 or 1911 which were my most accurate guns before I got my K9. Trigger take some getting used to but I love it now

Jim1117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I like a small gun for pocket carry in the summer, but there's nothing fun about shooting one. I take my LCP to the range now and then to verify function and stay proficient with it, but it's a a necessary evil rather than an enjoyable experience. I got rid of a CM9 because it was so inaccurate and unpleasant to shoot.
    Hello. Check out the BigDaddyHoffman1911 review of the LCPII using Polycase Inceptor ARX Self-Defense .380 Auto 56 gr. Looks very good to me but have not tried it yet....almost NO kick. Good luck. Jim

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    What's your most enjoyable "small" gun to shoot?

A different perspective on enjoyable;

A friend had a Keltec PF 9. It was always a blast guessing what the ratio of bang to clicks were going to be that day. He got tired of the constant peanut gallery laughs and traded it for a Kahr CM 9. We didn’t have any more fun watching him after. The Kahr went bang every time the trigger was pulled. I’m not sure if all of them are that much fun or if his was a special one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom