What's your most enjoyable "small" gun to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    the only small gun i have is a glock 27 in 40S&W.

wife doesnt like the recoil or muzzle blast, it doesnt bother me at all, it's a little "snappy"

it's more comfortable to shoot, and carry, than the charter arms undercover 38spl i used to carry
    :cheers:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sig P238
    Taurus M85&M605
    Bersa Thunder 380
    Sig P365
    Kahr CM9
    In pretty much that order. All good guns. The Bersa is the only one that I have never carried. Strictly a range toy/teaching pistol. I also liked the P938, and Ruger SP101 but they are no longer with me.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Have you ever had any trouble with the EZ? I looked at one, briefly, last year but never followed up on it. I went to the LPII because I have trouble racking slides; which is getting easier with break-in.

No. I've got a few hundred rounds through it and 4 magazines and it has gone bang as it should, every time. I traded my G42 for it. It was used but the gun store owner said it had been sent back to S&W for a recall, so it was recently brought up to the latest spec. It looked as though it had never been shot when I field stripped it and cleaned it the first time.

I think you'd like it. It is the easiest slide I've ever racked. It has two little lips or edges on the back of the slide serrations that make it even easier. The mags are super easy to load, too, and are very resistant to misloading. They don't chew up your thumbs, either. Everything about the gun is as easy as they advertise. I'm really impressed with it. I'm going to run it at Friday Night Steel sometime, just for the fun of it.

I loved the G42, but it wasn't reliable on cheap range ammo. It only ran as it should on hotter carry ammo, so it was expensive to enjoy, so I let it go. I bought the EZ for my wife because she hates recoil and is too timid to rack my other hand guns properly. She can rack the EZ with no issues. I didn't realize I'd wind up liking it so much. It fits her small hands perfectly but also fits my large hands comfortably, too.

The 43 is still my EDC because it is thinner, has great night sights (Tru-Glo TFX) and is slightly more comfortable, but I bought a Kydex IWB holster for the EZ anyway and occasionally carry it. The extra mags are very thin/narrow, so extras are very easy to carry.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    My favorite is a Beretta Nano. So small it's almost comical but I can shoot it all day comfortably and hit the target. Also have a couple 38 snubbies that I like. Casting my own bullets the 38's are dirt cheap to reload.

Agrv8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Like many others, my Sig P365 is my go-to for subcompact shooting. I have a couple others that are smaller (.38 derringer and 410 single shot), but those don’t get much range time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Although I have several small handguns, the only two that stand out are my Shield .45 which I carry regularly and a Taurus Millennium .32. The Shield is one of my favorite pistols to shoot regardless of size. I don't carry the .32 but it is fun to shoot every now and then.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    My favorite has become this guy, a SIG P938 that replaced a well-worn Colt Mustang Plus 2:
    p938.jpg

Top Bottom