Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Haha, reading this thread really makes me feel like a gun newb. But I did sign up for the nra basic pistol online course tonight. Gotta start somewhere and I figure the best place to start is at the beginning, cause thats where I am.
    Just don't end there.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Haha, reading this thread really makes me feel like a gun newb. But I did sign up for the nra basic pistol online course tonight. Gotta start somewhere and I figure the best place to start is at the beginning, cause thats where I am.

Every body else was a newb at one time. At least you are looking into getting training.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well I finished GunSite 160 shotgun this weekend. Right now I have an ice pack on my right collarbone before getting dressed for work. Shooting slugs prone with youth sized stocks ain't cool. I also learned a valuable lesson about wearing proper base layers as the cold weather Saturday really got to me. Picked up more then a few tidbits about shotguns along the way as well.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well I finished GunSite 160 shotgun this weekend. Right now I have an ice pack on my right collarbone before getting dressed for work. Shooting slugs prone with youth sized stocks ain't cool. I also learned a valuable lesson about wearing proper base layers as the cold weather Saturday really got to me. Picked up more then a few tidbits about shotguns along the way as well.

Looking forward to hearing more about it. Me and the cold don't get along. I am glad I didn't have any classes or matches this weekend. I looked like Ralphie yesterday just out practicing for a couple of hours.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm taking fighting pistol at tactical response in a couple of weeks, and maybe fighting rifle. It's been paid for but I haven't scheduled anything yet. I'm taking a local medical class too.

If funds allow this year, I'd like to do a little bit of force on force, and some low light too. Otherwise it'll just be next on the list.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hoping to get out at Deputy for the next "Advanced Movement and Shooting" class

I have determined I don't move so good anymore. My wife just reminded me of this fact. Is anybody offering an intermediate shoot while sitting course? Extra motivational points if they supply the Yeti and portable margarita maker while we type up the AAR.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Just signed up for the Rangemaster SG course in October. Still deciding on the CP2 (Sat & Sun), but I'm also working on getting a buddy or two to join me for one / both classes.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    That sounds pretty awesome. I would like to train with Paul Howe, but haven't convinced myself that I need to travel to Texas to do it.
    I thought you were swearing off training courses for 2017?????

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just what I need, another conscience.

Jiminy_Cricket.png

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Training for the first half of the year is already setup:

April 8th - Advanced Handgun w/ Defensive Shooting Concepts
    April 9th - Defensive Pistol & Rifle w/ Defensive Shooting Concepts
    May 20th / 21st - Revere's Riders at the AAOptics compound

I have not looked into training for the second half of the year, but plan on taking 1-2 more classes.

Top Bottom