• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Finally squared away my big training class for the year, heading to Valor Ridge in August for their Rifleman I. Figured I'd go down and see what the hoopla is all about.

Post an AAR if you don't mind! Their place looks beautiful down there. I think I'd enjoy taking a class from them for sure. Let us know what you think.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Will do, gonna see if they are good with a little go pro footage.

So much gets packed into these classes, it's hard to remember everything. Oughta be interesting taking the AK, need to get as familiar with it as I am with the AR.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I just recently took my NRA RSO class to get my credential. No real plans to use it in any official capacity but just with close friends/family I take a lot of new people out to the range with me for their first time shooting. Next up for me is a force on force, I haven't taken one before and really want to.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ECQC with Southnarc in Carmel. I *might* take Pannone's handgun class between now and then, but with manpower issues I'm not sure I'll be able to and have been hesitant to lay money on the line yet.

You know how they say don't walk across the street to get your butt kicked? I wrote a check to get my butt kicked.

LE/MIL class only. I have no wresting experience and haven't done much DT training since the Academy. As expected, I held my own on the shooting portions but the wrestling is another matter. If we were picking kick ball teams, I'm the fat kid.

I did reasonably well on the 1st day evolution. The guy I was against had wrestling experience. As the "striker" I held him off and didn't let him get his gun for a reasonable period of time, but then he took my back and shot me. As the "gun guy" I quickly got him to a stale mate up against a wall but he locked my leg (not something we covered in the class) and I had no idea how to get out. I had him stuck, but couldn't maneuver him for quite awhile. I finally improved my position enough to get my gun out and shoot him a few times until a malfunction. I was fairly proud I instantly remembered one handed clearance drills. I then came back, didn't index correctly, and shot him again but scored my own rib to do so. Derp. Better with a Sim gun than a real one, though.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    You know how they say don't walk across the street to get your butt kicked? I wrote a check to get my butt kicked.

LE/MIL class only. I have no wresting experience and haven't done much DT training since the Academy. As expected, I held my own on the shooting portions but the wrestling is another matter. If we were picking kick ball teams, I'm the fat kid.

I did reasonably well on the 1st day evolution. The guy I was against had wrestling experience. As the "striker" I held him off and didn't let him get his gun for a reasonable period of time, but then he took my back and shot me. As the "gun guy" I quickly got him to a stale mate up against a wall but he locked my leg (not something we covered in the class) and I had no idea how to get out. I had him stuck, but couldn't maneuver him for quite awhile. I finally improved my position enough to get my gun out and shoot him a few times until a malfunction. I was fairly proud I instantly remembered one handed clearance drills. I then came back, didn't index correctly, and shot him again but scored my own rib to do so. Derp. Better with a Sim gun than a real one, though.

BBI, you held your own and DIDN'T GIVE UP.
    Well done, sir!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Shotguns again in 2 weeks? Plus I get to see Tom again! Win, Win. My training budget is tapped out for the year so I did what any good range junkie would do and got rid of a gun in exchange for a ticket. I am still not sure my wife knows that I am skipping work to go shoot guns.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

I want to mill a pistol for an RMR and start down that path, really I'd like to do it with two pistols and see what I like. I am just holding off for a bit though and focusing on other things but it's in the pipeline so I read the whole AAR and watched the videos. Looks like a class to really learn from.

Top Bottom