What's your Pick up truck brand of choice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What brand of pick up do you prefer?

• Total voters

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Ford guy here for the reliability, but my dream truck would be a dodge body style, with a GM 454 under the hood, and the rest of the power train would be Ford

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    IMAG0154.jpg

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    If I were buying new it would be Toyota so that was my vote. Having said that, I have been driving a Ford Supercrew 4x4 for the last 8 years and it has been very trouble free.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I voted other because I haven't owned a pick-up for over 15 years. Don't have a need for one and they take up too much garage space. Jeep Wranger man myself. I have a trailer to hook to the Jeep when I need to haul something, otherwise I tool around in a 45mpg Toyota Yaris.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I voted Ford, but I drive a Nissan. I like Ford's product. Owned a Ranger for several years and really enjoyed the solid equipment and great performance. It did what it was supposed to do, every time. Had to sell the Ranger (getting old and needed a bigger cargo bed). Found a great price on a Nissan Titan. Research told me that Nissan bought a Ford 150 and back engineered to match it, so i bought it. Titan is a great truck.

After that great Superbowl commercial by Chrysler about the American farmer, I will have to take another look at the Dodge Ram. Any company that recognizes the creative work of God and the splendid example of the American farmer deserves a second look.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    GM all the way. I'm on my 3rd GM truck, my 1st was a '96 s-10, loaded and sexy (I miss that truck) had to sell for financial reasons ; 2nd was a '90 Cheyenne (totaled by a cadillac) ; 3rd still going strong '96 GMC 4x4 extended cab long bed, only problem is it has the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. I attempted a Jeep Grand Cherokee for several years, I had more problems with rear axles on it, I'll never buy another chrysler.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I doubt Honda deserves a place on the list. I had a Honda car, that I really liked. But they do not make anything I would consider a truck.

I prefer Chevrolet, and have only ever owned GM trucks. Last time I was truck shopping I considered all brands, but I got the best deal on my '05 Silverado.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My first truck was a '90 F150. 2nd truck was a '99 Dodge Ram Sport.

I currently drive a Jeep.

I'd love to have another truck. I miss having one. My first reaction would be to try a Chevy, since I've never had one. But I'm liking the Toyota's A LOT. But I really really like the new Ford and Chevy's....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I voted Ford, but it largely depends. Anything in the last 10-15 years, Ford will get my vote. Particularly if we're talking 3/4 ton or larger.

But I really like the 5.7 Vortecs Chevy had in the '90s.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Went ahead and picked Chevy, though I would prefer a GMC. Build quality (fit and finish) seem a bit better. Handles well, easy to drive, plenty of power and economy. For what I do, my truck is awesome.

If I needed a brand new full-sized work truck, I'd likely go Ford. Better all-around drivetrain in their heavier-duty (F450/550) applications.

If I wanted a small truck, then Toyota. Simply bullet-proof.

Ideal truck? GMC Crew-cab body (and interior), Cummins powerplant, 6-speed MANUAL (ZF6) from a Ford, some sort of gear-drive transfere case (Atlas?), rear Dana 80, and front Dana 70. Oh, yeah..... :drool:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Ford guy for sure. I have driven Fords, Chevys and Dodges, and the Fords have just been the most dependable, had the fewest problems, and given the best service for me and my family over the years.

I also really like most of the older Ford styling cues, though I vastly prefer the looks of any of the older trucks (approximately pre-2000 or so) to ANYTHING on the market currently, by any manufacturer!

Runner up for me would be either Dodge or Toyota, tough I am not really sold on the Toyota styling.:twocents:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The only 2 pick up trucks we have ever had were Ford. We had a 70's f100 custom (I think) when I was a kid... Now I have my 01 F250 SD.

When I was looking, chevys were to high priced because they only came with all the upgrades you don't want in a work truck. I don't want a dodge due to issues either being in the tranny or where ever their problems originate. Ford won. They make work trucks you don't feel bad for using.

Top Bottom