What's your Pick up truck brand of choice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What brand of pick up do you prefer?

• Total voters

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    My '02 F150 has 226,000 miles on it and I've only had to do routine maintenance. Any Chevys I've had we're crap. I'll never have anything but a Ford. Next will be a diesel.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I prefer Chevy, because I've never had any trouble with any of them, and my folks are retired GM -it saves me substantial $$$ to take advantage of the discount.

I could get the same discount on Dodge via my step-brother who works at Chrysler in Kokomo, but I see an awful lot of less than 10 year old Dodge trucks with rust around the wheel wells.

BTW, Ford would not be the 'best selling truck' for x amount of years straight if they combined Chevy and GMC sales numbers, which are the same truck. That would put GM #1. :D

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I wanted a diesel. I didn't want a 6.0 Ford because they are junk. The rest of the truck is nice but the engine is junk. So I was stuck with Dodge or Chevy. I wanted true crew cab, so I was stuck with Dodges megacab. I couldn't find a megacab in good shape for what I wanted to pay. While looking at Dodges I looked at several Chevy's and really liked them. They had better ride, steering and brakes then the Dodge, and a better tranny. And I think a more comfortable interior. The megacab has more rear seat room but overall the Chevy was more comfortable.
    I have put 40k on my Chevy now and still love it. I also spent 5000 miles in a dodge megacab 2 weeks ago and realized how much happier I am with my Chevy then I would have been with the Dodge. I really don't like their chassis interior. They ride awful, horrible steering, bad brakes, only a 4 speed tranny. Nice motor. My Chevy has great quick steering that isn't scary loose, stops great, 6 speed allision, pretty good engine.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I wanted a diesel. I didn't want a 6.0 Ford because they are junk. The rest of the truck is nice but the engine is junk. So I was stuck with Dodge or Chevy. I wanted true crew cab, so I was stuck with Dodges megacab. I couldn't find a megacab in good shape for what I wanted to pay. While looking at Dodges I looked at several Chevy's and really liked them. They had better ride, steering and brakes then the Dodge, and a better tranny. And I think a more comfortable interior. The megacab has more rear seat room but overall the Chevy was more comfortable.
    I have put 40k on my Chevy now and still love it. I also spent 5000 miles in a dodge megacab 2 weeks ago and realized how much happier I am with my Chevy then I would have been with the Dodge. I really don't like their chassis interior. They ride awful, horrible steering, bad brakes, only a 4 speed tranny. Nice motor. My Chevy has great quick steering that isn't scary loose, stops great, 6 speed allision, pretty good engine.

Can't have been too bad. There are 10 Fords PS for every Chevy Duramax out there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Been a Ford fan since day 1 but I have also owned a couple Dodge Rams and one of them was honestly the best truck I've ever owned until it meet a untimely death.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Can't have been too bad. There are 10 Fords PS for every Chevy Duramax out there.

If you are talking overall I believe it. I would think the 6.0l powerstoke and the duramax are pretty even. Just guessing. I am only saying 6.0l and later powerstokes are junk. I love the 7.3l powerstokes. I just didn't want a 10 year old truck with high miles. The 7.3l powerstokes are getting too hard to find with low miles and in good shape.

In gas I am really liking the eco boost. A buddy has one with a tuner on it and was able to run with me loaded up with the jeeps on trailers and he was able to keep up even through the small hills. The big ones I smoked him on but everything else was fine.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've owned chevy and ford 4 door duallys. Both similarly equipped, big block automatic, low gears, etc. You know, for towing. The fords would outpull the chevies and get better gas mileage doing it. This is based on mid 90's vintage vehicles so don't know how it pans out nowadays.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Had a Ford Explorer tranny go out at 67,000 miles in my last car. Wife had a ford Edge that had numerous issues.

Was a Ford guy up until these so I bought a Chevy Silverado this go around. Liking so far.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Something that played a small role in my deciding on a Ford was my experience from Pontiac and my Grand AM. About every 3 months or so the dumbest things would break and you would be stuck in the shop (warranty work) to have it fixed.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I have had great luck with F-150's.
    Been driving them for 46 years.
    The last one for 15 years. I'm now thinking about getting a newer one.

BuckeyeBrad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    THE Ville
    My work truck is a Ford, my personal truck is a Chevy. Both nice for what they are for. Had to vote for Chevrolet though. Nicer interior and look better. IMO

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm a GM guy. I've only driven GM's for about the last 29 years. So I can't speak to Ford reliability when I say: I think the GM 1/2 tons are better looking than the Fords, but the Ford Super Duty's are much better looking than the GM HD's. I do like the GM interiors better than the Fords though.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I have owned 2 early 50's era Power wagons. You have not lived until you experience one of these.

Someday maybe...or a Kaiser M715 would be sweet too. I had an oppurtunity to buy an M715 back around '00 but my parents were against me having a non-running vehicle sitting in their yard. There was no persuading them.:(

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Chevy. Have had both and currently drive an 04 F150. Put 236,000 on my 02 Chevy Silverado. Sold it to a co-worker almost a year ago and he still drives it daily with no issues. Could not pass up the Ford this time as it was a "papaw"truck straight off the farm, absolutely mint condition, zero interior wear with only 20K on it and I had enough cash to pay for it. I don't do car payments and have only bought 2 new trucks, ever. All others have been a few years old.

Generally speaking, I have got better life with less issues from my Chevy trucks. I have had 4 Chevy trucks and 3 Ford trucks. All 4x4, all 1/2 ton.

Wife had an Expedition for 10 years. It was reliable until it hit 150K, then it just had one issue after another....while my Chevy just kept going, and is still going.

Dirty Steve

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I did it, traded the Chevy and picked this up today.

RamDash_zps06292df1.jpg

ScreenShot2013-02-22at93917PM_zpsa3e48908.png

ScreenShot2013-02-22at94017PM_zps4bf4efd8.png

IMG_4558_zps1a79ca90.jpg

IMG_4557_zps2c3deb38.jpg

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Ford for me! This is the 5th Super Crew that I have owned! But this one is by far the nicest! And my Wife bought it for me to boot! :rockwoot: 2010 F150 Super Crew, FTX :D

DSC05911.jpg

Top Bottom