• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    MSR, yep. Multi-use Sporting Rifle. 22 for small game, 5.56 for med game, 458 for large game and a ton of others for every thing in between. AR15 most versatile rifle ever made. I agree that 2A has absolutely nothing to do with hunting. It's all about keeping our government under control. Something they're not happy about. Repeal the NFA laws as they're illegal and have done nothing for safety as well. Just one more infringement on or rights.
    When are we going to finally get a Pro 2A president? Not some wimpy wishy washy one either. We need someone who will flat out fight for our rights first and foremost.
    THIS I agree 100%

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    First I tell them Assault is a verb, not an adjective, and it is one Handgun Control Incorporated who now call themselves the Brady Bunch have made up to make the gun sound scary and evil. I tell them the guns they are trying to get banned FIRST, they must demonize the most to convince people that know little about them that these inanimate objects are living breathing evil things that must be done away with. I then explain what a person wants in a hunting rifle depends on what they are hunting. A person who hunts coyote's may find themselves surrounded at night by a pack of coyotes and may very well need a few full capacity magazines. I would hate to read the paper tomorrow and find a coyote hunter was found half eaten by a pack of coyote's because he had a restricted capacity magazine because our legislators decided American citizens could not be trusted to posses a magazine that held more than a few measly bullets.

Once I short circuit the magazine issue, I go on to discus what makes a rifle, any rifle weather used for target shooting, hunting, or home defense, a good rifle. I proceed to describe the AR15 by definition, then I go on to explain why I think other older hunting rifles fall short.

Reliable, accurate, durable, and easily upgraded or repaired. A gun that can be taken to any gun shop and repaired because it is so common that they stock every part for it, and are so familiar with it because the majority of people own that exact model of rifle. I also like a detachable magazine because I can unload it and make it safe in about a second, not so with the older type guns. It takes longer to unload the older type guns and you need to cycle the action on several to unload them like the old pump shotguns causing premature wear. It comes in a multitude of calibers so it can be adapted to any function an owner needs to fill. It is the most popular rifle in America by far for a reason. In Indiana, the 458 socom is one of the few calibers you can hunt deer with in a rifle, and it happens com also come in an AR15.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Why own an "assault rifle"? To repel assaults on your home, family or place of business.

DUH!

58852252.jpg

LA 1992?

(Hint: they're not hunting or engaged in sport shooting. BTW, where's LAPD?)

Last edited:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    it just irritates me to no end when people speak up about something they know nothing about! the problem is, the uninformed public doesn't know that these people don't know squat! it's our job to inform them, if they will listen, i guess! sometimes it's just beating a dead horse and i ignore it or :rolleyes:

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I tell them I use the MSR platform to hunt with I have a 22 upper for small game and use the 24 inch fluted 223 for Coyotes. Looking at a legal deer setup also.
    But the second amendment is not about hunting or a certain type of firearm.

I like the Multi Use Sporting Rifle.

Last edited:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I find that most anti gun folks cant be INFORMED about the truth concerning what they see as the evil Assault Rifle.

They dont want to hear it, and they WONT hear it.

I have been in more than a few conversations concerning this subject.

And when I tell them the facts, they say "thats not true, cause I heard X on the news" And they believe the news.

Telling them that the news is just Anti-gun Liberal rhetoric to push an agenda, garners unbelief also.

Its just frustrating.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's been a few years now, but I've hunted wild pigs down in Texas with my AK-47.

So they can STFU.

But the 2nd Amendment ain't about hunting. Of course, that really depends on exactly what you're hunting and why, though, doesn't it?

spqr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Zionsville
    I inform them that "assault" is a behavior, consequently, since my AR-15 has never assaulted anybody, it is simply a semi-automatic long gun...and semi-automatic long guns are the most commonly used hunting firearms on the planet!

After reading these posts...I really like the term multi-use sporting rifle! Thanks.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    50% of all rifle sales are AR15 variants, many are used every day for hunting!

Do you have a link to that? I'm not doubting the accuracy of your statement, I would just like to be able to cite it.

The idea that hunting is somehow more noble or righteous than collecting or target shooting is going to be a continuing theme over the next few months in the media. This idea of pitting "hunters" against the rest of the gun owning community is coming straight out of the Kenyan gun control strategy and they plan to also enlist big retailers to get rid of private transfers and guns show purchases. We better all stick together. They want to divide us.

Exactly. I don't hunt nor have I cared to, but others do and I respect that. However, I do not respect fudds that buy into that crap and are willing to **** on us that own black rifles and pistols.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would be inclined toward telling such a person who would raise this question that I see no more need for justifying to anyone else's satisfaction the need or purpose for owning such a weapon, which is a constitutional right, than I would expect anyone to need to articulate a 'legitimate' reason for speak/communicating, refusing to have troops quartered in their homes, denying the police permission to snoop through the house just because they want to, or a 'legitimate' reason for rejecting cruel and unusual punishment.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    When I walked through one of the homes in Colonial Williamsburg, there was a rifle in the corner of the bedroom. No one questioned it being there.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That's like saying nobody goes shopping with a Corvette, a Harley, or a Hayabusa. So what. I can go shopping with whatever vehicle I want to. Never say "nobody does", because it isn't true, "somebody" does.

But first and foremost, the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting. Governor Cuomo of New York ranted just this past week about how "nobody needs more than 10 bullets to kill a deer". Again, that's irrelevant as the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting.

Top Bottom