gRFouug.jpg

Talo Exclusive, Ruger Single Seven 327 Federal Magnum

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Love it. Shoots great too. I know where you can get one too. Wasn't hard to come by at all.

I love this caliber and have many revolvers in it so if you want to shoot one, gimme a call or PM me and we will go and try it out.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    My brand new TALO Engraved, SP101 357 magnum Traded my old SP101 for it.. I have longed for an engraved firearm for as long as I have owned one. Never could afford one though. This one is very nice. I love it but it will be shot and carried as my old one was also shot and carried. Got a pretty good deal from Carson Arms too which makes it all the nicer.

pdu9cdZ.jpg

Attachments

• pdu9cdZ.jpg
      pdu9cdZ.jpg
      807.4 KB · Views: 1

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum

Latest Arrival:
    Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum

Swapped out the original black front sight with Ruger's orange insert sight and replaced the stock rubber over nylon Hogue combat grip with a more traditional one that has checkered rosewood panels from Altamont. The Altamont grip goes on just like the old style with panel inserts Ruger used to put on these (they can still be bought from Ruger). Ruger didn't have checkered rosewood though, or I'd probably have bought them. The Altamont went on without any difficulty, although there's a learning curve in how to do it efficiently. Just like the older style grips Ruger used to put on these, it has the takedown pin storage slot on one side under the panel.

It's been about 45 years since I've owned or used a revolver. It was also a .357 magnum. Found out today what the yellow disc is when I picked it up at the LGS as I'd seen them in photos but never in person. It only has a hole in the center to mount on the back side of the cylinder covering all the chambers. The disc is too thick to insert cartridges into the chambers, place it on top and then close the cylinder into the frame. If it's closed with the disc on the cylinder, there are no cartridges loaded. Serves the same function as a chamber flag in a rifle or pistol.

Goes on its maiden voyage tomorrow at a local range. Unlike a new pistol, there's not much gunky oil to wipe down and remove. I've swabbed the barrel out with some bore cleaner, given it a close inspection, including the mainspring and its mechanism when I changed the grips, and verified all hammer and trigger functions, including how to let the hammer down over a live chamber if it's been cocked. It's not possible to open the cylinder with the hammer cocked. Ruger provides the procedure in the GP100 owner's manual. Done correctly, the possibility of ND, while not zero, is exceptionally low. Thus far, in just handling it without a live fire exercise, I'm impressed.

Ruger%20GP100%2001.jpg

More photos later . . .

John

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    picture of my second outdoorsman

Could not pass on this one@ a 98% gun but had a crappy set of aftermarket target grips ,1st thing i did was put correct silver medallion service grips on it. I know it shows finger prints.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Latest Arrival:
    Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum

Swapped out the original black front sight with Ruger's orange insert sight and replaced the stock rubber over nylon Hogue combat grip with a more traditional one that has checkered rosewood panels from Altamont. The Altamont grip goes on just like the old style with panel inserts Ruger used to put on these (they can still be bought from Ruger). Ruger didn't have checkered rosewood though, or I'd probably have bought them. The Altamont went on without any difficulty, although there's a learning curve in how to do it efficiently. Just like the older style grips Ruger used to put on these, it has the takedown pin storage slot on one side under the panel.

It's been about 45 years since I've owned or used a revolver. It was also a .357 magnum. Found out today what the yellow disc is when I picked it up at the LGS as I'd seen them in photos but never in person. It only has a hole in the center to mount on the back side of the cylinder covering all the chambers. The disc is too thick to insert cartridges into the chambers, place it on top and then close the cylinder into the frame. If it's closed with the disc on the cylinder, there are no cartridges loaded. Serves the same function as a chamber flag in a rifle or pistol.

Goes on its maiden voyage tomorrow at a local range. Unlike a new pistol, there's not much gunky oil to wipe down and remove. I've swabbed the barrel out with some bore cleaner, given it a close inspection, including the mainspring and its mechanism when I changed the grips, and verified all hammer and trigger functions, including how to let the hammer down over a live chamber if it's been cocked. It's not possible to open the cylinder with the hammer cocked. Ruger provides the procedure in the GP100 owner's manual. Done correctly, the possibility of ND, while not zero, is exceptionally low. Thus far, in just handling it without a live fire exercise, I'm impressed.

Ruger%20GP100%2001.jpg

More photos later . . .

John

Very nice, I've had a few of those over the years and enjoyed them a lot. I had an sp101 as well once with stag inserts, man it was sharp! Congrats !

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Very nice, I've had a few of those over the years and enjoyed them a lot. I had an sp101 as well once with stag inserts, man it was sharp! Congrats !
    Awesome rugers and smiths.
    The GP100 4" is what made me a convert to wheelguns.

Thanks,
    Made a better photo of the Ruger GP100 with the Altamont grips, Ruger red insert sight, and HKS speedloaders . . .

Ruger%20GP100%2002.jpg

John

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    This thread needs a new pic! I've posted this before, but now it's sporting boot grips with a Hiviz FO front sight. Not sure I would do this sight again... it's just a bit taller than the factory stock front was, so I had to raise the rear several clicks to catch up to the new front height.

20170709_172410_zps7wkxwxch.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom