When do I begin to like my Glock?..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I only own a 19 because I also wanted a sub 2k but bought the new Ruger PPC and am happy with how it runs. If Ruger or an aftermarket maker comes out with a mag well for S&W 5900 series mags I would dump the glock.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For $1000 Alex: When you ditch the Glock and get a 1911 to replace it! LOL

The non-purple answer: when you have enough patience and money to buy into a 1911 that will run as reliably as a Glock. My preferred platform is the 1911, but you have to be dedicated. Every Glock I have ever messed with just works and they are super easy to use and shoot well.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I seen the CAA MCK's came out for Glock 20's, and I wanted a high capacity 10mm Micro Carbine set up for home defense and to carry in my car for just in case I need it. I bought a G20sf on sale. I shot it a few times out of the Carbine configuration hate it. However, in the Carbine configuration it's amazing. I have red dot sight and a 3x flip to side magnifier for easy long range shots. Flip up sights just in case. I love it.

I can fast fire at 50 yards and hit my 6" ar500 diamond gong everytime.
    View attachment 79543

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I really wanted to like Glocks too, but they just don't fit my hand right. Feels like gripping a 2x4 and the grip angle is just awkward for me. I have no doubt they're good pistols, but just not for me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I seen the CAA MCK's came out for Glock 20's, and I wanted a high capacity 10mm Micro Carbine set up for home defense and to carry in my car for just in case I need it. I bought a G20sf on sale. I shot it a few times out of the Carbine configuration hate it. However, in the Carbine configuration it's amazing. I have red dot sight and a 3x flip to side magnifier for easy long range shots. Flip up sights just in case. I love it.

I can fast fire at 50 yards and hit my 6" ar500 diamond gong everytime.
    View attachment 79543

Are you sure that's not a Johnny 7? :):

[video=youtube;hGhYbg3KVu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGhYbg3KVu0[/video]

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    Every Glock I have ever messed with just works and they are super easy to use and shoot well.

I will certainly agree that my Glock shoots well, and I can shoot it well. I also admire how easy to take down it is and the simplicity of it. That being said its the saltine cracker of pistols. Sure its cheap, reliable, and filling.....but its not a delicious Ritz. I can even top a saltine with quality meats and cheeses (RMR's, stippling, etc) but at the end of the day it's just a saltine. It's probably my fault for having such high hopes, I'm just underwhelmed when I shoot it. Now I'm hungry for some crackers.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really wanted to like Glocks too, but they just don't fit my hand right. Feels like gripping a 2x4 and the grip angle is just awkward for me. I have no doubt they're good pistols, but just not for me.
    That's one thing that doesn't bother me with a Glock. I love the feel of a CZ and 1911 but really don't think that the Glock as unergonomic as its reputation has it being.

Then again, I like how they look too, so maybe I'm just odd in some ways

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom