• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • airrifle82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2014
    northern indiana
    I'd agree with what shibu was saying. I got a call from family saying he couldn't find any more 223 ammo. All I could say was, "How many mags do you have and do you have enough ammo to fill them"? He said he's got 4 loaded mags, and I said if you needed more than that they'd be studying the gunfight at military colleges. That's an exaggeration of course, but here's how I've looked at a supply of ammo. If you fired 1 round a day on average at wild game every day for a year you'd be at 365rds. If you took all the guns & mags you'd actually carry into a gunfight and loaded them all up add that number of rounds. If you had enough ammo for a year of wild game and two gunfights you're likely going to have more than enough for whatever we face in life.

The ammo I have bought and have around is stuff I bought on sale, so I can continue to have target practice, compete, train, and hunt with without interruption from the marketplace.
    This is so true. Even with my background, my bunker is filled with sale priced ammo. I don't get to excited about shortages or election years. A tiny bit of preparation is all you need.

qwickwire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I just ordered 10 G19 OEM Glock mags for $23 and some change each from Gun Stuff TV. Took a couple weeks to get it and had to sign for it but got them yesterday. Midway USA had them t the same price but had a limit of 3.

Gun Stuff TV is now out of G17 and G19 mags. They were in stock this morning.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Out goofing around today, stopped in a small shop south of the river. They had Gen 3 Pmags marked $14 ea, 8 for $100 but only 6 on the shelf. Said something to the young guy working the counter if that was all they had. "Oh no, we've got 3 or 4 cases in back." "Gimme $200 worth."

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Check the range, left behinds are always found.

660d35ac4edc66d36ca0e23c3deaf077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Lately, I've been buying and using the Magpul magazines for Glock pistols...they work great and are 40% the price of OEM Glock magazines!
    For my Ruger pistols, I picked up a few at a gun show a few years back...scored a few extra 9's and .45's at a great price and am glad I did!

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Lately, I've been buying and using the Magpul magazines for Glock pistols...they work great and are 40% the price of OEM Glock magazines!
    For my Ruger pistols, I picked up a few at a gun show a few years back...scored a few extra 9's and .45's at a great price and am glad I did!

I’ve done the same, Brownells has had their packages discounted lately, I’ve picked up at least 12 of them lately. Great magazines for practice, I mix them up with factory.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've tried magpul and ets mags in my glocks and for some reason I never get the same results as I would with a glock mag. I recently picked up 3 more G19 glock mags and I'm more than set.

Last edited:

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I’ve never had issues with Magpul GL9 17 round mags. I bought 5 more and a few 20 rounders from Midway USA. I’ve got several “rwb” 33 round Glock mags too that run fine.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I think that's a question we all have to answer individually. For me it goes something like this. How many mags do I want put away in pristine condition that are available and ready to use? How many more mags do I want all colorfully taped up and beat to heck from training? How many more mags do I want put aside for a rainy day when new people I know and love who finally got their eyes opened up a bit now want mags? There could be more reasons, than just those, but that's how I break it down for me and I'm all set.

Check the range, left behinds are always found.

660d35ac4edc66d36ca0e23c3deaf077.jpg

I never would have thrown away that ammo and brass.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    The local range here where I’m working near always has brass all over the ground. I’ve filled quite a few totes and cat litter jug full of various brass. I need to the 338/270/3006 other hard to finds separated and get them traded out for what I need.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you are worried that you do not have enough magazines you better buy a few more. Don't by junk magazines get good quality ones. I had a neighbor who just bought an AK 47 underfolder. He ask me where he could get some more magazines. I gave him several links to Magpul and Bulgarian, Croatian mags. So he decided they were to much and found some unknown brand that would fall out every time he shot. I told him maybe he can keep the springs for good magazines if they are any good from those cheap magazines he bought. Now he's bought 4 Bulgarian mags that are working good. So buy a quality product not cheap promag or similar problem magazines.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom