• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    If you turn in your firearms you deserve what you get. Enslavement.
    I'm not trying to foment a revolution of any sort. I don't want to have to fight anybody. But if your ability to oppose the government is removed by the government, then you're done. You are their slave. You will have no recourse. They will do with you and your's whatever they want and you'll have no way to address the situation. History is replete with that exact thing happening over and over again.
    Gun confiscation comes right before mass extermination... think about it, do some research .

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This is a sad, sad thing. It's understandable, though, especially in light of all of the things I think are about to happen. It is easier to get less intelligent people to follow orders--especially orders that are questionable (like gun confiscation). They're also a lot less likely to question "why" things are happening or "why" orders are being given. Truly a sad state of affairs.
    Honestly, if they're gonna become the enemy, I'd prefer them stupid.

keeper427

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Definitely something to think about... Smart to only give over a couple of the cheap stuff and then organize when it becomes apparent that there needs to be something done.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Was it not Sun Tzu who wrote that he feared not an army of lions led by sheep, but rather an army of sheep led by lions?

The important lesson here, and (shameless plug) one of the lessons Appleseed teaches, is that the time to do your fighting is long before the shooting starts, with the hope and intent of preventing the shooting from ever starting. Do your fighting by getting good people to run for office and good people to support those who do run. Wage your wars on the road to the ballot box and get good laws written, such as those that repeal bad laws.

How many people out there (not just here on INGO) even know who their elected representatives are? How few members of our society (sadly, even including those of us here on INGO!) understand that we have senators and representatives both in Washington and in Indianapolis, and that the latter are not "Congress"?

Being the master of one's government involves more than putting the cute little oval sticker on your shirt every couple of years... To vote intelligently requires understanding the jobs you are hiring people to perform AND accurately predicting the kind of job those people will do. Some states have a recall process for their elected representatives. I would like to see this in place at the state and federal level, personally, or failing that, be able to choose which elected representative represents me at any given time. This would give each representative his or her vote, but the weight of each vote might change from issue to issue.

Of course, this latter option is a two-edged sword; with all the people who *don't* pay attention, little Dicky Lugar could well have kept a huge influence over the years just by encouraging voter apathy. :dunno:

Blessings,
    Bill

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Was it not Sun Tzu who wrote that he feared not an army of lions led by sheep, but rather an army of sheep led by lions?

The important lesson here, and (shameless plug) one of the lessons Appleseed teaches, is that the time to do your fighting is long before the shooting starts, with the hope and intent of preventing the shooting from ever starting. Do your fighting by getting good people to run for office and good people to support those who do run. Wage your wars on the road to the ballot box and get good laws written, such as those that repeal bad laws.

How many people out there (not just here on INGO) even know who their elected representatives are? How few members of our society (sadly, even including those of us here on INGO!) understand that we have senators and representatives both in Washington and in Indianapolis, and that the latter are not "Congress"?

Being the master of one's government involves more than putting the cute little oval sticker on your shirt every couple of years... To vote intelligently requires understanding the jobs you are hiring people to perform AND accurately predicting the kind of job those people will do. Some states have a recall process for their elected representatives. I would like to see this in place at the state and federal level, personally, or failing that, be able to choose which elected representative represents me at any given time. This would give each representative his or her vote, but the weight of each vote might change from issue to issue.

Of course, this latter option is a two-edged sword; with all the people who *don't* pay attention, little Dicky Lugar could well have kept a huge influence over the years just by encouraging voter apathy. :dunno:

Blessings,
    Bill
    Perhaps a test should be taken by each intended voter before being allowed to actually cast a ballot?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Here's a few "Thoughts on Gun Confiscation" from the book "Gun Facts" by Guy Smith:

THOUGHTS ON GUN CONFISCATION

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In 1911, Turkey established gun control. Subsequently, from 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, deprived of the means to defend themselves, were rounded up and killed. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. Then, from 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 millon dissidents were rounded up and killed. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In 1938 Germany established gun control. From 1939 to 1945 over 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill, union leaders, Catholics and others, unable to fire a shot in protest, were rounded up and killed. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In 1935, China established gun control. Subsequently, between 1948 and 1952, over 20 million dissidents were rounded up and killed. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In 1956, Cambodia enshrined gun control. In just two years (1975-1977) over one million "educated" people were rounded up and killed. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In 1964, Guatemala locked in gun control. From 1964 to 1981, over 100,000 Mayan Indians were rounded up and killed as a result of their inability to defend themselves. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In 1970, Uganda embraced gun control. Over the next nine years over 300,000 Christians were rounded up and killed. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In all, over 56-million people have died because of gun control in the last century.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Senator Dianne Feinstein, speaking on "60-Minutes" said "If I thought I could get the votes, I'd have taken them all." [/FONT][/FONT]

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I've always thought I would hand over a cheap gun if they come knocking but the other guns would have to be well hidden because I don't think they would take one gun from me and leave. I think they will search the house to find other guns. Not many people have just one gun and people who have guns aren't likely to give them up easily. That could give them reason to search for more guns in the house. Just my 2 cents.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

The problem is that they will not be truly stupid in the absolute sense, but rather be very trainable while lacking critical thinking skills. They will be the army of sheep Bill mentioned--capable of doing most anything while not questioning any of it. This is the difference between being trainable and teachable. The latter requires critical thinking while the former requires only following instructions and repetition--which can be done with deadly efficiency.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Consider the comparison.

Between home-schooling to loading your own, and conducting draw-from-concealed -and-fire. Make your kids' minds as completely prepared as YOU are, re self-defense. Young minds are very pliable, and more than "47%" of other environs may be against us when SHTF. Smart kids are good weapons. Semper paratus. EBG
    Didn't care for that "abandoned to the state" part of case law, eh?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Perhaps a test should be taken by each intended voter before being allowed to actually cast a ballot?

Easy solutions seldom are either. Who's grading the test, for example? Who's writing it? Some think "From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs" doesn't sound so bad (in terms of a personal practice of helping those less well-off than yourself), but Karl Marx's stated belief is hardly in any way American to our way of thinking, at least insofar as being legally required.

Who's writing and grading the test could be very relevant questions, especially in a time when a belief in the Constitution is enough to place one in a group with so-called "terrorists".

Voting is not, despite what it's called, a "right". Rights are granted by our Creator and are ours as a virtue of being born. It is not a right to vote in an American election, it is a privilege of citizenship. As such, yes, I can agree in principle that those who do not understand the issues should not be voting on them, but in practice.... That's another matter entirely. Literacy tests (which I suspect you're referencing) were used in the South to disenfranchise groups of the population who were traditionally given substandard education if they got any at all, but one's literacy is not limited to his/her ability to read and write, but to understand concepts... Political literacy is of great importance. The answer, as I see it, is, as always, in education. People need to know not only the issues but need to understand the importance of knowing them, and that, while it can be boiled down to a single sentence, is hardly an easy solution. It's taken years to dumb our society down with things like American Idle (and television in general) and it will take decades to come back. I'm reminded, though, of the aphorism that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Blessings,
    Bill

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    When "who" comes for them?

I don't think it will ever be a "who" comes for them but "who" we take them too. I just don't see it ever being logistically possible to go door to door looking for firearms. Even here in Greenfield
    (with our way overstaffed for population police department) it would take years to go house to house and do a thorough search and still maintain other LE functions. It will most likely get to the point where it is a UK/Australia type of situtation. Certain guns will be banned and you will have to turn them in or be in violation. Will everybody do it? No but that's not really the point, the point is to outlaw them and i'm certain some clowns will turn them in. This would actually be a huge win for the police because then they would not be the 'bad guy' but just doing their job as pawns of the bureaucracy when you bring your guns to them.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't think it will ever be a "who" comes for them but "who" we take them too. I just don't see it ever being logistically possible to go door to door looking for firearms. Even here in Greenfield
    (with our way overstaffed for population police department) it would take years to go house to house and do a thorough search and still maintain other LE functions. It will most likely get to the point where it is a UK/Australia type of situtation. Certain guns will be banned and you will have to turn them in or be in violation. Will everybody do it? No but that's not really the point, the point is to outlaw them and i'm certain some clowns will turn them in. This would actually be a huge win for the police because then they would not be the 'bad guy' but just doing their job as pawns of the bureaucracy when you bring your guns to them.

The IRS will offer rewards for turning in your friends and neighbors and they will have their phones ringing off the hook. Just see the thread about a guy allegedly cheating on his taxes.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    there literally isnt an army big enough to take everyone's guns away by force and the only people who will willing give up their guns wouldnt fight to keep them anyway.

I could be wrong though.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    As happened here before, and in other countries. Im sure they will just start out, outlawing a weapon, letting people turn them in, or get money back for it. These evil assault rifles, then the dangerous sniper (hunting) rifles, then the too powerful shotguns, etc, working their way to completely ban the firearms. As stated, and already happens in states like New Jersey, they paid people to turn in their neighbors for possessing weapons. It will be the gradual wearing away of rights and freedoms, they know better then to come after them all like some of you seem to think.

Top Bottom