• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    PLEASE elaborate. I'm aware of the risk pertaining to state sanctioned marriage and children, but this one has me a bit un-nerved. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to threadjack.

It should. Check out Parker vs Hurley from the US District Court for the District of Massachusetts. This has been the prevailing decision regarding public, private and home education law and the Supreme Court has always went to it. In brief, it is a great decision on the one hand and a hard to live with one on the other. Basically, the court upheld parental rights to raise their children and are not, and I quote, "required to abandon that responsibility to the state." They went on to say that parents have the right to send their children for private education (both private institutions and home education) as well as the right to send them to public schools. But it's that phrasing "abandon" that's problematic. In their view, if you send your child to public school you have abandoned your responsibility to the state for their educational training. Thus, whatever the state desires (or possibly even requires) of the student is just tough cookies if you don't like it.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I found the "memorandum and order" PDF from the case. I read a couple articles first but now see that I am correct in my conclusion that it cannot be changed from the outside and pulling my children will only help them minimally while leaving the rest of society to fail miserably. All the proper education in the world won't help if the world is on fire!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Now i've seen it all, far be it we have intelligent cops out there. What data did they have to support this turnover among 'smart' people? I'd rather hire someone with a college degree and a high IQ over someone just looking for a job. Those are the people that really want to do LE work and not those just looking for a govt paycheck and benefits. How about some data comparing IQ's and those who have cost the govt more in civil suits etc. Most likely he was just a victim of cronyism before anything else much like here in Indiana. It's more about who you know then what you know and not just in LE. Many jobs that are posted are already "filled" they just have to post them because it's policy but they know who they are going to hire.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Now i've seen it all, far be it we have intelligent cops out there. What data did they have to support this turnover among 'smart' people? I'd rather hire someone with a college degree and a high IQ over someone just looking for a job. Those are the people that really want to do LE work and not those just looking for a govt paycheck and benefits. How about some data comparing IQ's and those who have cost the govt more in civil suits etc. Most likely he was just a victim of cronyism before anything else much like here in Indiana. It's more about who you know then what you know and not just in LE. Many jobs that are posted are already "filled" they just have to post them because it's policy but they know who they are going to hire.

Look at it like this. If they insisted on hiring SMART people as police officers, we couldn't walk down the street and say "look at that stupid cop over there - what an idiot" nearly as often.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Maybe we need a " Solzhenitsyn " rule.

Evil man, any where, any place, any weapon. For freedom the list grows longer. Each of us recruit two others. But nothing will go up the flag-pole until we Minute-men are stronger. That's why the Taliban is not too active in Indiana; not enough strength. But there WAS a slaughterhouse just outside Fairmount that tried to operate under sharia. EBG

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Evil man, any where, any place, any weapon. For freedom the list grows longer. Each of us recruit two others. But nothing will go up the flag-pole until we Minute-men are stronger. That's why the Taliban is not too active in Indiana; not enough strength. But there WAS a slaughterhouse just outside Fairmount that tried to operate under sharia. EBG
    I'm under the impression they have a headquarters near plainfield.

ETA: Yup, http://flyergroup.com/local/x1562451569/Muslim-organization-calls-Plainfield-home
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Society_of_North_America

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

They most certainly do. I used to live just up the street from it. I also heard (unofficially) that they have had some unexplained fires and refuse to allow the fire marshal to inspect some parts of the building. Fireman talk at a cookout isn't something I can really cite as evidence but it sure as the universe got my attention.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    They most certainly do. I used to live just up the street from it. I also heard (unofficially) that they have had some unexplained fires and refuse to allow the fire marshal to inspect some parts of the building. Fireman talk at a cookout isn't something I can really cite as evidence but it sure as the universe got my attention.

I've also heard rumors that they have an indoor firing range in the basement.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    As long as they don't take my TV and American Idol is still running, they can have my guns. Just leave me my TV and an Obama phone so I can text my votes in.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

This is a sad, sad thing. It's understandable, though, especially in light of all of the things I think are about to happen. It is easier to get less intelligent people to follow orders--especially orders that are questionable (like gun confiscation). They're also a lot less likely to question "why" things are happening or "why" orders are being given. Truly a sad state of affairs.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    When the day comes, 97% of American citizens, including those on this forum, will hand them over.

Maybe YOU will. They'll have to surprise me to get mine. And unless they hit MY house FIRST, I don't see that happening.

Even if they did manage to surprise me, I ALREADY don't have all mine at home.

Mr. Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I would hate to give up my Ruger 10/22. My dad gave it to me and he has been gone for 8 years now...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Maybe YOU will. They'll have to surprise me to get mine. And unless they hit MY house FIRST, I don't see that happening.

Even if they did manage to surprise me, I ALREADY don't have all mine at home.

With the numbers of people on here that believe we need stricter gun control, I'd say that 97% might have been too high but I'd say it is safe to say it would be over 75-80%.

Top Bottom