• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    H: Sir, do you have your License to Carry (+1 for calling it what it is!)
    M: Yes, I do.
    H: Mind if I see it?
    M: You know I am not legally obligated to show it to you,
    H: I know, and you know I am allowed to ask you to leave. This is private property, and the owners asked me to come over and check it out.
    M: (After looking at how much my fiance was enjoying being there) I handed over my LTCH, and went on about my day.

You know, this is one thing I have never really understood.

a) If I didn't have the proper license, do you really think I would carry openly?
    b) If I was a criminal, up to no good, do you really think I would carry openly and just go about my business?

Don't be concerned with us OC-ers! We are the "good guys" (read: law abiding citizens).

Oh, and to contribute to this thread: last few days has been Lowes and Home Depot (spent about 30 minutes pricing out custom cabinets at each), Autozone, Hurricane Wings, Walmart (had a gift card, left with ammo), and a few other places I'm not remembering. I'll have dinner out with my wife tonight (date night), but not sure where yet.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    After dropping the truck off in Shelbyville this morning, we went back into town this evening to pick it back up. Ran over to Taco Bell for supper since our plans got skewed with the timing. Stopped over at Wal-Mart for a few items. Went into pets for some food for the furball when I noticed a family gawking at the fish.

The father starts eyballing me, down to my hip, up to my face, down to my hip, up to my face. "Hey, is that a Glock?"

"Nope. Springfield."

"Ahh, that would have been my next guess."

He was still eyeballing me as I walked away.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Did you check to see if it was the latest delivery from "Dunkin" in the middle of that circle??? That might explain their total distraction...:):

I didn't get a good enough peek, though there was a faintly familiar smell wafting from the middle..

You know, this is one thing I have never really understood.

a) If I didn't have the proper license, do you really think I would carry openly?
    b) If I was a criminal, up to no good, do you really think I would carry openly and just go about my business?

Don't be concerned with us OC-ers! We are the "good guys" (read: law abiding citizens).

I completely agree with that.

As for today: Donut Bank (not the one my fiance works at), Wal Mart, Auto Zone, Innovative Car Audio, Burger King, Lowes, Ace Hardware, and Coldstone Creamery (Yummm!)

Everything went fine. As expected.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Fox and Hound up near Westfield. Only "comment" was from a friend of mine who happens to be retired ISP. Asked if it was a Glock (I carry a Springfield XD). Turns out he has a Glock 27 at home, but no longer carries daily.

Nice evening with friends, talking Jeep stuff, and met a few other Jeep guys.
    Smiley_driving.gif

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Went to Chase Bank in Franklin. Walked in, walked up to the counter and the teller went, "Is that a gun?" to which I said, "Yep," and then I went about with my normal business.

They printed some checks for me (went in for a Cashier's Check but after explaining what I needed to do, they offered to just print me some checks for my business account for free) and I was on my way.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    OCed to Red Lobster out in Avon, not a word was muttered. Then I OCed to Walmart in Avon, only thing said was my mom which was "Should you be covering your gun?" My response was "No. Who's looking?" Then I OCed to the Speedway gas station in Greenwood. A guy got out of the truck behind me and started walking up to me. This got my brain going. He got about 10 feet and I rested my hand on my gun just in case. He then started talking to me.

Him: "Excuse me."
    Me: "Yes sir?"
    Him: "Are you a police officer?"
    Me: "No."
    Him: "Military police?"
    Me: "No."
    Him: "Oh, well my son and I spotted your gun and your license plate and thought you had to be police or military police and made a bet as to which one you were."
    Me: "Nope, just an ordianary guy."
    Him:"Oh, okay. Have a nice night."

For the record, I have a "Support Our Troops" license plate due to most of my family bieng in the military.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Well, lets see....Taco Bell on Ireland Rd, CVS downtown Mishawaka then Meijer on Bremen Hwy this evening for the weekly grocery run. And that same greeter, a black guy, was at the front door singing/humming like he always does. Does he work there all the time or what?

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Well, lets see....Taco Bell on Ireland Rd, CVS downtown Mishawaka then Meijer on Bremen Hwy this evening for the weekly grocery run. And that same greeter, a black guy, was at the front door singing/humming like he always does. Does he work there all the time or what?

Hah he's been there for a while now! I remember seeing him when I lived in Autumn Lakes behind that Meijer a number of years ago.

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    I did some shopping with wifey yesterday. I OC'd as always. First stop after work was Chase bank on Nappanee street, Elkhart, Then Hibachi Grill Buffet on Ireland, South Bend, Meijer, Bremen HWY/331, Walgreens, Ironwood rd, Dollar General, Lapaz, In. Not even a glance in my direction from anyone. Chase and Dollar General are places I've been to many, many time without a hitch. In my usual travels I've yet to find a place that even notices a dangerous black gun hanging on my hip. Am I doing something wrong?

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    I did some shopping with wifey yesterday. I OC'd as always. First stop after work was Chase bank on Nappanee street, Elkhart, Then Hibachi Grill Buffet on Ireland, South Bend, Meijer, Bremen HWY/331, Walgreens, Ironwood rd, Dollar General, Lapaz, In. Not even a glance in my direction from anyone. Chase and Dollar General are places I've been to many, many time without a hitch. In my usual travels I've yet to find a place that even notices a dangerous black gun hanging on my hip. Am I doing something wrong?

Absolutely. If you aren't striking fear in passersby then you aren't trying hard enough.

I've OC'ed enough around my home town at the point that I rarely get a reaction. I'll stow the weapon before going into the post office or similar facility but otherwise carry is pretty much a given in my daily life. I get the most reactions from kids.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Busy weekend, and OC as usual:
    - Fort Ben on Saturday morning doing some prep work for the Hoosier Outdoor Experience next weekend. Chatted with several State employees (who all happen to know me anyway, so no big deal).
    - The new(er) Corkies Diner in Danville for lunch. Nice place, and pretty cheap.
    - Took my wife and Daughter to Fair on the Square in Danville for a couple of hours or so. I swear my wife stopped at every booth..... Didn't spend much though (the ammo fund is intact). The Sheriffs department had a booth, and were giving away stuff for kids. There were also cruising around for security. Just a tip of the hat, and we would both keep cruising along.
    - Acapulco Joe's for an early lunch with my in-laws on Sunday, then just work around the house.

No issues, as usual. Just another nice weekend (and the weather was PERFECT) with my family.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OC's yesterday for several hours in Sarah T Bolton Park in Beech Grove, then walked around the BG Fall Festival for a couple more hours. Heavy LEO presence, not a word was said. +1 BGPD

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    OCd to the local liquor store, cashier asked me if my fnx .40 full size was a .22 a let out a rude laugh :-/ then realized I was letting out a rude laugh and quickly turned the conversation into guns, ingo, and laws. Shortly after parted ways. Went to family express for scratch offs ($25 gone forever) was behind a lake station LEO in the checkout line and the cashier kept glancing at me as if to see if expecting me to eliminate the LEO and rob her. Made me a little sad, which I quickly got over because anger set in because I've had a convo with this lady before about firearms while I was OCing and it went good. Did she forget who I was?? Grr. :dunno:

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Has this thread almost died lately or what?

Today I went to Mt. Vernon Outfitters, Hucks (got a weird stare from a pregnant lady, jaw dropped wide eyed) Wal Mart, and Bucks & Jakes Outfitters in Boonville.

Other than the lady at Hucks, who by the way, was buying cigarettes, everything went fine.

Top Bottom