• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I'm not a great advocate of OC. The times I've done it have been for political/educational reasons.

I live in a Carmel neighborhood that is being carried off by burglars. The bad guy/s are simply walking into homes in the middle of the day with no regard for whether the occupants are home, grabbing any easily portable valuables that aren't tied down and walking out with them. There have been no tragic confrontations yet, but I know from my LEO days that with an M.O. like this it's only a matter of time.

My development is very heavily populated by older ladies living alone and I am frankly very concerned. Some of them have contacted me and are terrified.

I walk daily for exercise and am always discreetly heeled. Yesterday and today I carried openly and prominently my two daily carry guns, a brace of N frame Smith six-shooters. I intend to continue this practice for the foreseeable future. My hope is that some time soon when the mutts return to case the neighborhood they'll see me sedately strolling about with my hardware and reconsider the wisdom of hitting here again.

Of course in Brainard's Magical Land of Wine, Cheese & Galloping Government Debt officialdom regards gun owning citizens as domestic terrorists. I sincerely hope nothing occurs requiring me to update this post.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Sorry to hear that, Liberty.

We've had a rash of break-ins down here, as well. I've made a habit of OCing out my door (in the back of the house) in daylight, and checking the entire yard/fence with a flashlight every time I come and go at night.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I oc'd at Fair Oaks Dairy to get ice cream with my son. A gentleman behind me asked if I was an LEO and I replied "No sir, just an average American who believes in the Second Ammendment." He than said "Well thank you for carrying and good choice on the 1911. I carried one in Vietnam." I thanked him for his service and got my ice cream!

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    OC'd at 5 different liquor stores yesterday (Kahn's, 2 21st amendments and 2 smaller ones). I was in a hunt for Sobieski Karamel and Raspberry (Found the Karamel, so my wife is happy; no Raspberry to be found).

Ohh, I also OC'd at some pot head store that I thought was a liquor store from the outside. After I left, I realized it was called "20 past 4" and had to facepalm myself. :facepalm:

As usual, no questions or problems at any place. Just friendly service.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ohh, I also OC'd at some pot head store that I thought was a liquor store from the outside. After I left, I realized it was called "20 past 4" and had to facepalm myself. :facepalm:

Did they, like, notice or anything, dude? Or were they too, like, busy taking hits off their bongs to, like, pitch a fit against The Man?

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Yesterday the usual, Hucks and Donut Bank, along with Heritage FCU, Best Buy, and Longhorn for dinner.

So far today I have gone to Briar and Bean, Donut Bank, and Hucks. I plan on Walmart this evening, then possibly a walk around downtown Newburgh.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Did they, like, notice or anything, dude? Or were they too, like, busy taking hits off their bongs to, like, pitch a fit against The Man?

They noticed, but didn't say anything. In fact, they were really friendly and gave me directions to the nearest liquor store. Good service to someone who will never be a customer.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They noticed, but didn't say anything. In fact, they were really friendly and gave me directions to the nearest liquor store. Good service to someone who will never be a customer.

Mayhap they saw gun and assumed cop in their muddled state?

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Gas station, convenience store, and CVS in Delphi...Walmart and Walgreens in Monticello..I got serious stares at Walgreens and I thought, "uh oh, finally going to get the PoPo called on me.". But nothing happened

GONZO!!!

Top Bottom