• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Just left BW3, had a chat with some staff regarding gun policy.

The BW3 I go to doesn't have a sign or anything, so I wanted to see where they stood with the recent BW3-Gun stuff going around. I asked them to stay neutral and abide by state laws regarding 2A. One of the barstaff said he feels more comfortable and safer that I carry in there, and that he only just recently learned that the recent shootings were in gun-free areas. I liked seeing that he'd been researching it on his own and learning this stuff. He's not a gun-guy, but he's not an anti-gunner either.

It was nice. A manager of some sort walked by a few times and looked at me. There was an IMPD car in the parking lot but I didn't see any officers.

Tell Jake and Missy that Ripley says "hi".

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    My jacket usually comes off inside. Even then, my sweater/sweatshirt might still cover it.

Ate at Culver's the other evening (treat for my wife) and Hardee's this morning (uhg). Shopped at Menards this afternoon. No issues, as typical.

But, yeah, I end up concealed a lot over the winter. Not intentional (either way), just how the wardrobe works out.

You must of been the one the two girls (Both high school age) were talking about when they came into my office saying "There's a man with a GUN out there." I told them it's perfectly fine to carry it in the open and if a person was going to rob the place, they'd probably keep it concealed until they were ready to use it.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yesterday to the assisted living home that my grandmother has been living in, to help get a bunch of her stuff packed up and moved out. Multiple trips up and down the hall and elevators, and nobody said a word.

Then over to Chuy's for some lunch, where again, nothing happened and nobody cared. Off to the storage place to dump all of her stuff in a storage unit, and then over to Orion Arms/Keislers, where my dad picked up an AR15. He was so excited; he said he's never had one where all the parts fit together right and don't rattle.

Pretty good day overall.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, I spoke w/ the BW3 mgr tonight at length.

He spoke candidly, and asked me not to repeat what we talked about, so I'll respect that and briefly summarize.

Apparently he was in IPD back in the day for a while. I didn't agree with every one of his viewpoints, but he is pro-gun, and expects that BW3 to make NO changes to their policies.

We spoke for about 10 minutes or so about firearms and the carrying of them. He was very friendly, funny, and seemed like a great guy.

County Line and Emerson BW3, for now, is safe.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok, I chickened out at the Shererville Police Station.
    But when I asked the officer that was filing my report, he said as long as I have a license.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Went to Blythes in Valpo for some range time with the wife and then took her and my daughter to lunch at George's Gyros in Hobart.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Centier Bank, TJMaxx, CVS, Sam's Club and a couple other spots running around with the wife on her day off today...usually never have anyone look at me or say anything. But yesterday I was food shopping at Strack & Van Til in Crown Point and when checking out, the young black woman smiled and asked me if I was a PO. I smiled back and said no. She then asked if I carry a permit for my gun (she was very pleasant sounding) and I responded no. I left it at that for about 2 seconds because she started laughing and I said "but I do have a license to carry it...just not a permit". It was a nice conversational exchange, but that was the most anyone has ever asked

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Here.

Everywhere I go everyday. Today one of those places was here. :)

2ARalley02-08-2013012_zps26dc89e6.jpg

Top Bottom