• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    OC'ed several places around South Bend today. Went to Texas Roadhouse on the south side for dinner with my wife. Then we went to the River Walk in Mishawaka and walked around for about an hour. The place was packed, but only one person said anything. It was a little girl, maybe 8-9 years old with her mom an sisters. I walked by them and she turned around and said out loud "Oh, that guy has a gun". I smiled at her and at her mom, and the mom smiled at me, and we kept on walking. We then went to Target, Starbucks and Old Navy.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    That there is a Federal offense....hope you meant to UPS store or something...

I OC'd several locations today. Best Buy, JoAnns Fabric Store, Hobby Lobby, and Orion Arms. No one seemed to care; just the way I like it.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Actually, I know of a post office that I OC and can buy a gun at. I've done the former, but not the latter, although I've looked at their stock several times.

There's a debate over whether or not the law that the post office tries to use to say it's illegal is being half read and partially posted or edited to suit their needs.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Yesterday I OC'd at my place of employment (as a customer), the liquor store, walmart, then my own front yard, where upon I was berated by the 60 year old next door neighbour for "carrying a holstered weapon".

*rolling eye smiley*

Didn't I know it is Indiana state law that it has to be concealed???? ZOMGZ.

I used the fire extinguisher analogy which he seemed to get, then he just came out with "The chances of being assaulted around here are pretty slim..."

He walked off before I could say anything else - bear in mind I was minding my own business working on my car when he approached me and shouted across the front yard (he didn't come onto our property).

I was nothing but nice and polite to him too ;)

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    After the Gunshow Friday we stopped at Meijer in Anderson. I went inside and grabbed a cart while I waited for my wife to use the restroom. After a few minutes the greeter guy, an man in his 60's, came over and said "You are the third person I've seen carrying a gun, is something going on?" I told him that it might be due to the gunshow but explained I almost always open carry. Come to find out he has a license and never knew it was legal for open carry. I got to do some educating which is another reason I OC.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Yesterday: Wal-Mart, gas station, around Pisgah Lake at Atterbury fishing with the family (not even a nibble...).

Only comment was in Wal-Mart. A gentleman that was also OC'ing (1911 looked like, nice looking gun) commented that he would be fearful for anyone who decided to rob Wal-Mart at that moment :draw:. I heartily agreed.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I used the fire extinguisher analogy which he seemed to get, then he just came out with "The chances of being assaulted around here are pretty slim..."

He walked off before I could say anything else - bear in mind I was minding my own business working on my car when he approached me and shouted across the front yard (he didn't come onto our property).

I was nothing but nice and polite to him too ;)

We like to call those kind of people liberals.

Last edited:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    We like to call those kind of people liberals.

It almost makes me sad that my "fellow Americans" don't exercise their rights.

* I call myself an American because I don't believe in hyphenated Americans either:
    "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic."
    President Theodore Roosevelt

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    pizza hut
    we decided to stop at a pizza hut for dinner on the way home today.went in picked up the pies and the guy handing back my card said is that an xd45 you got there. i explained it was a 40 and he said he arries the 45. so we started discussing the oc issues of the reactions of people. pies came out and we left. but best experience at a pizza hut ever. +1

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Bloomington Goodwill,MC Sports(long gun cases on sale$7.99-yeah-no Mosins in stock-boo),Menard's,Chinese restaurant,Pep Boys,BP station in Judah. Some interested onlookers-no real challenges or liberal bull*&it comments...it was a good day:)

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Took the bike out for a ride today ...Shell station in Pierceton, back to Warsaw on old 30, Center Park, Micky D's. Got a text from a friend inviting me to a cook out (first of the season!), so I stopped by Owens (Kroger) for some buns and condiments ...hmmm, no, don't go there. Motorcycles, cook outs, OC, and friends, all a great way to start the summer (though, it is technically not spring yet).

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Speedway on Central and Countyline in Lake Station/Portage.

Guy behind me in line was looking at my "piece" (giggedy) and then just as I was leaving he said:

" Man, don't they give you a hard time for open carrying that thing?" He pulls up his shirt and shows me a glock or some other cheap plastic gun. He said "They always tell me to cover it up and conceal it or some bull****"

The female clerk said: "As long as you have your permit (sic) you can carry it how you like"!

+1 to both parties. Nice to see a clued up member of the public and a fellow gun owner. He was a member of a fire department but I didn't see which one. He was driving a big Chevy truck/pickup. May even be a member on here.

Oh and I OC'd at the Red Robin in Valpo too. No-one either noticed or said anything but just after I sat down three county mounties flew down 6 right next to the joint... LOL. Then a state trooper pulled up. But it was all a coincidence.

Last edited:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Last Thursday - OC'ed coming home from work and stopped at Action Cycle in Mishawaka looking for some things. 6 people in a small store, and everyone was around the counter. Lady standing beside me says, "Can I ask you a question?"
    Me: "Sure."

Lady: "I notice that your piece is showing."

Me: "Correct."

Lady: "I thought in Indiana you were supposed to conceal?"

Me: "Indiana carry permit doesn't differentiate between open carry or concealed."

Lady: "But police officers have told me that you're supposed to carry concealed..."

Me: "Then that officer is offering an opinion, not the law."

Guy standing beside me: "Correct, Indiana doesn't care whether it is CC or OC. As long as you have a permit, you are legal."

Lady: "But don't police give you a hard time for that?"

Me: "I've only had one officer offer the opinion that I should CC instead of OC."

Lady: "But don't you get stared at for having a weapon in the open like that?"

Me: "Sometimes, but other than the one officer, no one gives me a hard time about it. What's the difference if I have a jacket on, covering it up partially? There is no difference, I still have it. People just can't see it as obviously."

Lady/Owner behind counter: "That's right, I have *censored number* of guns behind the counter right here, I still have them, you just don't know about them."

Guy from earlier in conversation: "That's right, I have one on me right now"

Another guy: "Mine is out in my truck right now."

After people piped up, 3 of the 6 people there were currently carrying. 4 of the 6 were in 20 ft of their own weapons, and all 6 were within 10 ft of a weapon they could use.

Afterwards, the lady came up to me just outside and asked a few more questions. Overall, I think we made a convert that will definately look into carrying a weapon more often.

After that, I stopped at North Side Honda (another motorcycle shop). One of the employees followed me around for awhile before finally asking if I needed help with something. Half the time he was starring nervously at my gun. He left shortly after our conversation started and an older employee came up to help me. That guy didn't even bat an eyelash at it, and he got some sales done from it (I even spent more cash than what I had planned on)

Sunday - Open carried at Texas Roadhouse in Elkhart. Nobody batted an eye. Carried at Walmart on south side of Goshen, and had a couple little kids stare at me and follow me around a bit. But that may be more because I am goofy looking than the fact I had a gun on my hip.

Generally speaking, good encounters all.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Saturday, I OC'd at the Castleton Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Container Store, and Fishers Kroger on 116th.

I had my 4 year old son with me and the only place, I think, people took notice was the staff at The Container Store.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom