Where have all the good deals gone, long time passing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I think I've kind of had the opposite problem with the classifieds. I need to quit buying and selling guns because I've basically lost my ass in there. I think I've been more than fair with everyone as a seller, but seldom find a good deal as a buyer. Anyhow, the history is in there because unlike a lot of people, when I sell something I never remove the price.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think I've kind of had the opposite problem with the classifieds. I need to quit buying and selling guns because I've basically lost my ass in there. I think I've been more than fair with everyone as a seller, but seldom find a good deal as a buyer. Anyhow, the history is in there because unlike a lot of people, when I sell something I never remove the price.

I never edit my posts short of writing in SOLD, what would be the rationale of taking out the price?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... when I sell something I never remove the price.

I have no idea, but it's kind of a chicken**** thing to do.

Kind of adds to the argument for making the classifieds requirements more conducive to being a perk for active forum members? Verses something a pro-trader or flipper can "run" or buy their way into. Often to never give another thought to the community of customers they have easily loped into?

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Now don't go telling people the aught to do some research and be reasonable when all they want is a Weatherby for the price of a 10/22....

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am starting a new business

I am going to purchase the "gun of the week" from Rural King.

Then up the price $50 or more resell in classifieds!

Is it's an AR15 I will add cheap optic a few mags and ask $100 more than I paid.

BTW I am looking for business loans from members I will be setting up a Go beg me page to fund this adventure!

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Kind of adds to the argument for making the classifieds requirements more conducive to being a perk for active forum members? Verses something a pro-trader or flipper can "run" or buy their way into. Often to never give another thought to the community of customers they have easily loped into?

Agreed. I was browsing the handgun classifieds earlier today and saw a listing for multiple handguns where not only the price, but the photos (presuming they were there in the first place) of the guns that had sold had been removed. I wanted to reply (not allowed) or report (where do I start?) the post, but I just moved along.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It is a rule that the ad stays as it was originally posted. If the price or description is removed it will cause a warning or infraction to be issued. Oh....and close the ad. Do the house keeping.

Please don't remove your ad content.

Just a friendly reminder to please leave your pricing information in place when your item sells. This helps people get a feel for what the going rate of a particular gun is. Thanks! :ingo:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handgu...e_posting.html

8. Close your thread once your item sells. DO NOT remove the pricing that was in place as it will help cut down on the "What would be a good starting price to sell my XXX". Do not bump your ad by stating that the item is sold. Simply edit your first/original post and state that the item has been sold. Then close your ad.

Thanks for your cooperation.
    INGO Staff

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agreed. I was browsing the handgun classifieds earlier today and saw a listing for multiple handguns where not only the price, but the photos (presuming they were there in the first place) of the guns that had sold had been removed. I wanted to reply (not allowed) or report (where do I start?) the post, but I just moved along.

Please report these to the staff. It is most likely the only way we will be able to clean up the classifieds.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    He's been on my 'do not deal with list' for a LONG time. I think it was only last year that he became a site supporter, probably with some prodding to do so. If you look at most of his older posts (several years back) he had a habit of putting a statement in all his ads. Something to the effect of I AM NOT A DEALER, JUST TRYING TO THIN OUT THE COLLECTION. Yeah, right. I believe he was also wanting a bill of sale way back then but I can't remember on how many without looking. It's clear as a bell that the classifieds are a business for him, not a perk. You can see where he buys something from other members then sits on it for a while and puts it right back up for $25+ more. "Oh, I need to get another Glock 43" Ummm, what about the 3 that you sold within the last 6 months?

John224 is one of the members I reference here with the high classified ratio. There are many others, some are worse.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/safarihunter.html
    Is another one that I will never deal with. 59/1029 posts. Member since 2009

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/glocktoys.html
    Horrible classified ratio, but at least he has some regular posts and 2 referrals under his belt. 575/3748 posts. Member since 2008

Combine all 3 of them and you get 5700 classified posts vs 729 actual posts in the open forum.
    Perk? No. INGO is a free place to run a business for them. These are 3 of the main ones I referenced a year or so ago when I said the classified squatters are akin to someone coming into your house for a visit, eating all your food then :poop: in the middle of your carpet before they leave for the day, just to return another time and do it all over again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He's been on my 'do not deal with list' for a LONG time. I think it was only last year that he became a site supporter, probably with some prodding to do so. If you look at most of his older posts (several years back) he had a habit of putting a statement in all his ads. Something to the effect of I AM NOT A DEALER, JUST TRYING TO THIN OUT THE COLLECTION. Yeah, right. I believe he was also wanting a bill of sale way back then but I can't remember on how many without looking. It's clear as a bell that the classifieds are a business for him, not a perk. You can see where he buys something from other members then sits on it for a while and puts it right back up for $25+ more. "Oh, I need to get another Glock 43" Ummm, what about the 3 that you sold within the last 6 months?

John224 is one of the members I reference here with the high classified ratio. There are many others, some are worse.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/safarihunter.html
    Is another one that I will never deal with. 59/1029 posts. Member since 2009

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/glocktoys.html
    Horrible classified ratio, but at least he has some regular posts and 2 referrals under his belt. 575/3748 posts. Member since 2008

Combine all 3 of them and you get 5700 classified posts vs 729 actual posts in the open forum.
    Perk? No. INGO is a free place to run a business for them. These are 3 of the main ones I referenced a year or so ago when I said the classified squatters are akin to someone coming into your house for a visit, eating all your food then :poop: in the middle of your carpet before they leave for the day, just to return another time and do it all over again.

:whistle:.....I have no idea why they suddenly decided to become sight supporters.....:whistle:

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    :whistle.....I have no idea why they suddenly decided to become sight supporters.....:whistle:

Divine intervention...:dunno:
    A hammer almost fell on their hand and they counted themselves as lucky and wanted to share their fortune? :laugh:
    [STRIKE]Sudden realization they should do the right thing for the site they are fleecing[/STRIKE]...Never mind the last one, I'm sure they didn't come to that conclusion on their own.

Would still like to see a rule saying you can't have more classified posts than regular posts. Only makes sense for a FORUM that has a special perk for CONTRIBUTING members.

Still like the idea of levels or any classified posts above a certain number require vendor status.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have always been happy to help support the site by being a site supporter. (Actually happier when it was half the price it is now.:rolleyes:) I have always encouraged others to so also.

That said, the same money we voluntarily contribute to help maintain the site we actively participate in ain't no money to a pro-trader/flipper. It's a no brainer purchase of a closed customer base that can be paid back in the first sale.

While our site likes the money from the classifieds only posters, I contend that it actually takes away from those of us active poster site supporters who use the classifieds. On top of those who have given up using the classy's over the quality concerns discussed in this thread and others.

The idea that our classifieds are a "perk for active members" is waning. I adamantly oppose allowing our membership's classifieds to be bought into for such a minimal investment. If someone wants to bring their business to our classifieds without having to bother being a part of the community fine. Insist that they pay INGO advertiser pricing.

Top Bottom