Where is the recount vote money coming from?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im sick as a dog, but agreed to cook a beloved staple of our extended family thanksgiving today. So I drove over to my aunt's as planned, threw together the dressing, threw it in the oven and left. (taking some to cook at home of course...)

I'm not that sad that I didnt get to stick around. LOTS of libs that voted for her were going to be in that house today. I REALLY wasnt in the mood to pimp slap anyone.

And yes, Stein is either a shill or an attention whore. Why did SHE start it? Did she have anything to gain? No. I wouldnt have been upset if they had thrown it out on the grounds that she had no standing because even if she miraculously took all of the states she protested, she still probably wouldnt have done much more than beat the Libertarians. Its not like she has anything to gain. (outside of a cabinet post in Clinton's administration for being her proxy)

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I'm really curious about two things...1) How do you hack boxes that were never connected to the internet? 2) Suppose somehow the vote is overturned...what then? Real riots? Mass armed marches on DC?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Can someone explain to me why they need money for that and who's getting it?

It it to pay the polling station emloyees? :dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think any citizen can call for a recount but they have to pay. If it's within a certain margin I think most states have an automatic recount paid for by the state, but these are all outside mandatory recount margins. Just a guess though.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    [FONT=&quot]Wisconsin State law states: When a filing fee is required, the cost of the recount should be estimated by the clerk and pre-paid by the petitioner in cash or in another form of payment acceptable to the filing officer at the time of filing. Wis. Stat. § 9.01(1)(ag)3. Note: the amount must be PRE-PAID IN FULL BEFORE FILING, and FILING DEADLINE WAS FRIDAY. The WISCONSIN ELECTION COMMISSION CANNOT CHANGE THE DATE of PREPAYMENT Under Federal law, 3 U.S.C. § 5.[/FONT]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Im sick as a dog, but agreed to cook a beloved staple of our extended family thanksgiving today. So I drove over to my aunt's as planned, threw together the dressing, threw it in the oven and left. (taking some to cook at home of course...)

I'm not that sad that I didnt get to stick around. LOTS of libs that voted for her were going to be in that house today. I REALLY wasnt in the mood to pimp slap anyone.

And yes, Stein is either a shill or an attention whore. Why did SHE start it? Did she have anything to gain? No. I wouldnt have been upset if they had thrown it out on the grounds that she had no standing because even if she miraculously took all of the states she protested, she still probably wouldnt have done much more than beat the Libertarians. Its not like she has anything to gain. (outside of a cabinet post in Clinton's administration for being her proxy)

She, and the Green Party, had everything to gain. She's is getting lots of press over this. People who are normally left leaning, you can be confident, are going to give the Green party a look. There's no downside to this for her. She and her party, aren't really in the conservative wheelhouse....lol.... not by a longshot. If more people, specifically liberal-minded folks, actually looked at their platform, they'd probably abandon the Democrats.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    First stein needed 1.5 million for recount. Then 4 million. Now 7.5 million.

this is a fundraiser and a means to collect a new list of donors

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    First stein needed 1.5 million for recount. Then 4 million. Now 7.5 million.

this is a fundraiser and a means to collect a new list of donors

Yup. No chance of overturning the election via recount at all. The numbers are just too big without obvious fraud, which at this point in the game would be way too obvious. This is all about Jill Stein.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have too. And I'm okay with that.

Just more evidence of the division we are experiencing.

So far I've not had to disassociate with anyone. And no one has disassociated with me. It's still early though.

I've talked about some of my progressive Denver in-laws' views. They're very disappointed that Trump won. But they've been civil about it, at least over the phone. I haven't seen them in person yet. That won't happen until after Christmas. But I'm sure we'll be discussing it. In a way it's a discussion I'm looking forward to.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    She, and the Green Party, had everything to gain. She's is getting lots of press over this. People who are normally left leaning, you can be confident, are going to give the Green party a look. There's no downside to this for her. She and her party, aren't really in the conservative wheelhouse....lol.... not by a longshot. If more people, specifically liberal-minded folks, actually looked at their platform, they'd probably abandon the Democrats.
    Here you go Kut. I think you are spot on. This is her way to continue campaigning with the media focus totally on her without a dime coming out of her own coffers. Some might call it a pretty shrewd move.

Nets Give Jill Stein Recount Effort 12 Times Coverage of Her Entire Campaign

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    It looks like Stein missed the filing deadline for PA. Without overturning PA the recount doesn't matter because Trump still would have 280 votes. So is this about Jill getting to keep some of the money? Trying to keep her 15 minute of fame going or is it that they realized the MI has counted their votes twice so that isn't going to change and trying to overcome a 70,000 vote Trump lead in PA is about as close to impossible as you can get?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The flipside of the coin is that alot of people that had high hopes and contributed to this recount effort might be pretty peeved at Stein that it couldn't be pulled off and they gained absolutely no return on their investment.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The flipside of the coin is that alot of people that had high hopes and contributed to this recount effort might be pretty peeved at Stein that it couldn't be pulled off and they gained absolutely no return on their investment.

What's even more sad is that, if I read the reports right, she filed the paper work but couldn't get the 30,000 PA voters to sign on that she needed by the end of today to force the recount. So much for her grass roots effort but I bet tomorrow she will be seeking a liberal Judge to mandate she gets an extension.

Top Bottom