• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I'm not a Tangfolio guy, I'm looking at my first cz now (for when funding permits).

That thing sure looks like fun.
    Is there any parts compatability between the Tangfolio and the CZs?

Tonyscomputery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Sellersburg IN
    Looks like a TS/TS Orange/TS Czechmate clone to me. CZ makes basically this exact same gun. I'll stick with the non-clones. CZ has a decent aftermarket support with CGW and CZ Custom at this point. Not much in the way of aftermarket for the Tanfo's. Too bad, because they look nice. If CGW made fire control groups for these, I'd be all over one.

Sure is a czexy looking gun.

I really like the cone fit bushingless barrel. I am pretty sure none of the CZs have that option.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    As I understand it, the CZs (and clones) rely mostly on the lugs for lock up. Meaning they lock up mostly in the rear and don't rely as much as some other designs on a perfect barrel to either bushing or slide interface for good reliable and accurate lock up.

Personally, I could care less if the barrel rides in a bushing or not. Either system works well when done well.

I really like the cone fit bushingless barrel. I am pretty sure none of the CZs have that option.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Three things that Tanfoglio can't seem to overcome; few aftermarket parts, most models require milling of the slide to change the front sight, really low resale value.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Good night, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out (didn't look at the pics that close). Man that doesn't look good. I'd have to get rid of that.

That gun is like a sexy Italian model with legs up to here.

...unfortunately, that "READ WARNINGS BEFORE USING GUNS" imprint is like a NASCAR tattoo on the same girl.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm surprised that CGW does not support the Tanfoglio line. There are lots of them out there and he could probably do it with some of his same parts, just drilled to different dimensions and locations. But, if he has all the work he can handle with the CZ stuff, he may not need the headache of another line in his inventory.

The front sight is the one thing I don't get. Why do they not just put a dovetail in there? There is a ton of material in that area, so it's not like it was in the pre-B CZs. It makes any sight upgrade an expensive proposition.

But, I will give EAA and Tanfoglio credit for going places CZ has not. I'd buy a 10mm CZ instantly if one were available. Until then, I have a Tanfoglio built Witness to fill that niche. They even make it in a 10mm compact too.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm surprised that CGW does not support the Tanfoglio line. There are lots of them out there and he could probably do it with some of his same parts, just drilled to different dimensions and locations. But, if he has all the work he can handle with the CZ stuff, he may not need the headache of another line in his inventory.

The front sight is the one thing I don't get. Why do they not just put a dovetail in there? There is a ton of material in that area, so it's not like it was in the pre-B CZs. It makes any sight upgrade an expensive proposition.

But, I will give EAA and Tanfoglio credit for going places CZ has not. I'd buy a 10mm CZ instantly if one were available. Until then, I have a Tanfoglio built Witness to fill that niche. They even make it in a 10mm compact too.
    As for the CGW part, he reached out to them and they refused to work with him. :dunno:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yea I know what you mean. I would say this is one of the best out of the box race guns made. It even has the appropriate division of USPSA in the name lol
    The "limited" is legal for the production division in stock form, with an aftermarket magwell the limited would be limited to limited though.

Would like to have a 'stock 2' because they beat Cz on stock mag opening, but it is not enough of a thing to make me jump ship.

Tonyscomputery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Sellersburg IN
    The "limited" is legal for the production division in stock form, with an aftermarket magwell the limited would be limited to limited though.

Would like to have a 'stock 2' because they beat Cz on stock mag opening, but it is not enough of a thing to make me jump ship.

The limited pro is production legal. The elite limited is definitely not. It is single action only and the magwell is factory.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I hope you have a good supply of Bic pen springs.
    No bic springs in mine. 6.5DA/2.3SA.

If it runs as good as it looks that would be sweet.
    They do. Last couple production national championships were won with a Tanfo. I won IN state with mine last year. Only had one malfunction in 20k+ rounds and that was due to a round not being properly crimped. I did loose a front sight once which was inconvenient at the time.

Three things that Tanfoglio can't seem to overcome; few aftermarket parts, most models require milling of the slide to change the front sight, really low resale value.
    Any good Tanfo has interchangeable front sights. I don't know anything about the cheap models. Stock II have great resale. For a couple years, if you could find a stock II, you could flip it for almost twice the retail price. Now that they are more available, I would compare it to any other pistol.

The front sight is the one thing I don't get. Why do they not just put a dovetail in there?
    As mentioned above, most have a dovetail coming in from the front. All my pistols have aftermarket Dawson FO.

Limited is not production legal. In stock form it has a SA trigger and a magwell. The Limited Pro and Stock II are both production legal.

-Tim

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Accuracy isn't too bad either...
    (Plate is on the left, the larger object on the right is a USPSA target.)
    [video=youtube_share;hM65PNeK75w]http://youtu.be/hM65PNeK75w[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Accuracy isn't too bad either...
    (Plate is on the left, the larger object on the right is a USPSA target.)
    [video=youtube_share;hM65PNeK75w]http://youtu.be/hM65PNeK75w[/video]

We do this with our 1911's every range visit.
    My son and SIL do a bit better than I do but they are young and can still see.....:fogey:

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I'd take a Limited Elite over a Tactical Sport any day. The sharp checkering is so much nicer than the worthless waffle pattern on the TS. (Although for limited, it's hard to beat a 2011 type.)

Comparing a Stock II to a SP-01 Shadow or AccuShadow. Not much difference. If you have small hands, go with the Shadow. If you have larger hands, go with a Stock II. Stock II has a slightly shorter DA pull but the hammer spring is short so you can't get the pull weight quite as low as a CZ. Mag opening is slightly larger on the Stock II. You also get checkering. But a little grip tape fixes that for the CZ.

CZ and Tanfoglio both make great guns. Aftermarket was pretty weak for Tanfoglio but has gotten better the last year or so. Most people just haven't handled a nice Tanfoglio.

Top Bottom