• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I'd like to hear more about this aftermarket hammer that's available for the tanfoglios. What other FCG parts are available, and how well does it improve the trigger?

The stock CZ triggers are heavy, gritty, and cam back before dropping in stock configuration. Drop in CGW parts and do some polishing, and they go from not so great to excellent.

Does the spring and hammer swapping and polishing on the Tanfoglios take the trigger to the level of a Cajunized CZ? I haven't read anything to make me believe that, but I would like to hear more. Has the Wizard played with one yet? Would be interesting to hear his opinion.

I have not worked on any of the Tanfoglios but it stands to reason with polishing that you could get a nice trigger. It would depend on the geometry of the aftermarket hammer and how well it mates up with the sear. With CGW you get an adjustable sear that is perfect. Along with polishing especially the trigger bar where the disco makes contact. On a CZ the SA break is at the hammer sear engagement point and the DA is at the disconnector, trigger bar contact point.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think we need to get you a Tanfoglio and some aftermarket parts to play with.

I have not worked on any of the Tanfoglios but it stands to reason with polishing that you could get a nice trigger. It would depend on the geometry of the aftermarket hammer and how well it mates up with the sear. With CGW you get an adjustable sear that is perfect. Along with polishing especially the trigger bar where the disco makes contact. On a CZ the SA break is at the hammer sear engagement point and the DA is at the disconnector, trigger bar contact point.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    We should do a fundraising drive. Everybody pays extra for site supporter, and the extra money buys a tanfo for llh. I keep dragging my feet on paying, this could be a fun way to finally make it happen.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Just saw this, been drinking the Tanfoglio Koolaid with my Witness Elite Match 9mm for a few years now. My favorite pistol at the moment...

Don't have any pics of it I can find at the moment...

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'd think the TS series from CZ is more in line with the more competition oriented Tanfo's. The SP-01 is more of a battle oriented handgun that also happens to work well in competition.

You get all of the upgrades (big mag well, undercut trigger guard, undercut beaver tail, gas pedal, etc...) in the CZ TS Orange. But it is a bit more expensive than the Tanfo's (MSRP is a bit over $1700).

For what I want to do (USPSA Production class competition) the TS does not fit the rulebook. You see a lot of trophy's chased with SP01's and Tango Stock 2's and more recently CZ 75's with a CTS slide grafted on (which for some weird reason does work inside the rules but costs $1600).

I'd like to hear more about this aftermarket titan hammer that's available for the tanfoglios. What other FCG parts are available, and how well does it improve the trigger?

The stock CZ triggers are heavy, gritty, and cam back before dropping in stock configuration. Drop in CGW parts and do some polishing, and they go from not so great to excellent.

Does the spring and hammer swapping and polishing on the Tanfoglios take the trigger to the level of a Cajunized CZ? I haven't read anything to make me believe that, but I would like to hear more. Has the Wizard played with one yet? Would be interesting to hear his opinion.

What I've read and been told is that the Tanfo's do not give away anything to the CZ, and actually have a firing pin block design that better lends itself to improved trigger function (I think the fpb spring actually works with you on the Tango versus against you ,or not at all if absent, on the CZ's). The knocks I have heard on the Tanfo were always about cost and complexity, and just getting your mitts on one, which seems maybe to be outdated ?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here's a shot of my 10mm Witness. It's a great gun, but I really with there was better aftermarket support for it. I'm not a fan of the grips, but cannot find anyone that does G10 for the large frame Witness handguns. I also need to have some milling done on the slide to remove the section of the rails that sits outside the frame at the front. When carried in a holster that does not cover the muzzle completely, those parts chew furniture up something awful. It's still a lot of fun to shoot though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What I've read and been told is that the Tanfo's do not give away anything to the CZ, and actually have a firing pin block design that better lends itself to improved trigger function (I think the fpb spring actually works with you on the Tango versus against you ,or not at all if absent, on the CZ's).

This is true. The default position of the firing pin block when the slide is removed is unblocked. When mounted on the frame, the firing pin block is held up to prevent firing pin movement. As the trigger comes back, the block is lowered to allow the firing pin to move when struck by the hammer. You could actually improve trigger feel by putting a stronger firing pin block spring in a Tanfo. Sarsilmaz use the same style firing pin block as the Tanfo does. Also, the SAR and Tanfo clones have a better system for putting upward pressure on the lifter bar. The whole assembly can be removed without have to remove a staked pin as you have to do in the CZ. I'm not sure if that's changed with the Omega trigger in the CZ though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nice! I have a nearly identical witness in 38 super. And appreciate the post about the fpb mechanics, too. Wherefrom comes this knowledge if I may ask?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice! I have a nearly identical witness in 38 super. And appreciate the post about the fpb mechanics, too. Wherefrom comes this knowledge if I may ask?

I have owned CZs, Sarsilmaz's and Witnesses and have had each of them apart to polish the internal parts. So, the knowledge was gained first hand.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    IMG_19901_zpsnnim1lps.jpg

My Tanfoglio Stock 2 40cal. Trigger pull is 6lb Double Action and 2.5lb Single Action. Has Henning grips, firing pin, and guide rod, Original Delta Hammer, Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight, and some internal springs changed out. This gun is USPSA Production Legal. I have everything to switch it over to Single Action Only if I wanted to used it for USPSA Limited Division. The Tanfoglio's are becoming the go to gun in USPSA Production and Limited Division. I have owned 5 CZ's. I still own 2 CZ Tactical Sports which I currently have up for sell to fund another competition gun build. CZ makes very nice guns. Most Tanfoglio's are just as nice. The aftermarket parts market for Tanfoglio is getting better everyday. Tanfoglio's are easier to take apart over the CZ's IMO. Both manufacturers have their Pro's and Con's. It all comes down to personal preference.

Churchmouse as always if you want to shoot my gun you tell me when your available and we can meet at MCFG.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have owned CZs, Sarsilmaz's and Witnesses and have had each of them apart to polish the internal parts. So, the knowledge was gained first hand.

Lol cars, guns - do you have anything you don't take apart? My confidence in my gunsmithing skill is not high enough to tackle that sort of task. Even with a very good youtube I'd be afraid I'd have left-over parts.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Lol cars, guns - do you have anything you don't take apart? My confidence in my gunsmithing skill is not high enough to tackle that sort of task. Even with a very good youtube I'd be afraid I'd have left-over parts.

I'm a big enough fool to learn my limitations the hard way. I'm happy working with metal, but have found that any level of carpentry skill eludes me.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is true. The default position of the firing pin block when the slide is removed is unblocked. When mounted on the frame, the firing pin block is held up to prevent firing pin movement. As the trigger comes back, the block is lowered to allow the firing pin to move when struck by the hammer. You could actually improve trigger feel by putting a stronger firing pin block spring in a Tanfo. Sarsilmaz use the same style firing pin block as the Tanfo does. Also, the SAR and Tanfo clones have a better system for putting upward pressure on the lifter bar. The whole assembly can be removed without have to remove a staked pin as you have to do in the CZ. I'm not sure if that's changed with the Omega trigger in the CZ though.

Wow! I was always told the jericho was a tanfoglio clone so after reading your post I broke mine down and sure enough, the firing pin safety does indeed work that way. Guess that's why it has a surprisingly nice DA and SA trigger in it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sorry about going in a bit different direction with this, but it is a Tanfoglio question. My sister-in-law has the Tanfoglio witness Pavona. Retail $403. I know this is a long way from the competition guns talked about, but I shot it, and did not have a negative experience. Are they decent carry/self defense pistols? Also is there any CZ characteristics in this pistol? I pick up my first ever CZ tomorrow and thought I could do a little comparison.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    My Tanfoglio Stock 2 40cal. Trigger pull is 6lb Double Action and 2.5lb Single Action. ... I have everything to switch it over to Single Action Only if I wanted to used it for USPSA Limited Division. ...

No point in switching it to SAO for limited. Just cock it and lock it and you'll save yourself from having to switch internals. Plus if you ever run into a high primer, you can just pull the trigger a second time to get it to ignite.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IMG_19901_zpsnnim1lps.jpg

My Tanfoglio Stock 2 40cal. Trigger pull is 6lb Double Action and 2.5lb Single Action. Has Henning grips, firing pin, and guide rod, Original Delta Hammer, Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight, and some internal springs changed out. This gun is USPSA Production Legal. I have everything to switch it over to Single Action Only if I wanted to used it for USPSA Limited Division. The Tanfoglio's are becoming the go to gun in USPSA Production and Limited Division. I have owned 5 CZ's. I still own 2 CZ Tactical Sports which I currently have up for sell to fund another competition gun build. CZ makes very nice guns. Most Tanfoglio's are just as nice. The aftermarket parts market for Tanfoglio is getting better everyday. Tanfoglio's are easier to take apart over the CZ's IMO. Both manufacturers have their Pro's and Con's. It all comes down to personal preference.

Churchmouse as always if you want to shoot my gun you tell me when your available and we can meet at MCFG.

After fondling the one Llh just got I am scared.
    I have succumbed to the CZickness heavily.
    All I need is another addiction.........:faint:

I will take you up on this when time allows.....:)

Darn it.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    After fondling the one Llh just got I am scared.
    I have succumbed to the CZickness heavily.
    All I need is another addiction.........:faint:

I will take you up on this when time allows.....:)

Darn it.
    CM remember you are a really sick man, if you shoot it you will buy it!:lmfao:Oh what the hell go ahead then I can buy it from you:lmfao:

Top Bottom