• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dman424

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    I collect Tanfoglio GT-27s. They are tiny single action .25 caliber pocket or vest pistols. They are very cheap and plentiful but my family is from Italy and they have some old world charm. The pre 68 ones made in Italy are a bit difficult to find. After 68 they were assembled in Florida and sold by Excam and later FIE. Those are very common to find. I love Tanfoglio.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I picked up a stock III 10mm today. I put 100 rounds of Sig 180gr fmj & 20 rounds of Buffalo bore 180jhp. Functioned flawlessly. The front sight is the only thing I'm not liking about this gun. It's plain black and way to wide.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a stock EAA Witness in .45acp with the famed "Wonder Finish" that I got for a steal.
    I picked it up at an auction several years ago. It was an estate auction with a large attendance, but when the auctioneer called out the item he called out a Tanfoglio, and didn't mention EAA or Witness.

I bid against one other person, and he stopped very quickly.
    I don't think the crowd had a good idea of what was being offered.

I paid $190 for what appeared to be an unfired EAA Witness.
    Great gun. Wish I could find a similar deal on a 10mm version.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I obtained a Limited Pro in 10mm in trade from a fellow INGO member. The combination is fantastic! A Hunter in 10mm is at the top of the want list currently.

I give up on trying to add the picture. Imgur used to just post it nicely and now seems it only does huge pictures and I can tell figure out how to resize them.

Last edited:

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I wanted that limited pro ,but I didn't have the money at the time or anything I really wanted to give up for trade.

I bet it's a sweet shooter.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Took some cheap plastic grips, sandpaper and grip tape and made some "custom grips " for my Stock III. I wish these had more options for grips .

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Been messing with a couple Tanfo Stock 2's this year.

Tanfo vs CZ Cliff notes:
    1. Personally I like retaining the firing pin block. Some model CZ's come without it & some folks that tune CZ's delete it. With CZ you can still get a great trigger with the FPB in place, with Tanfo the FPB design actually assists the trigger pull so deleting the FPB is not beneficial.
    2. Stuff that breaks. Trigger return springs & slide stops on the CZ's (have busted 1 of each personally), with Tanfo's the word is that the extractor springs get flaky after 10,000 rounds + - .
    3. Parts. Patriot Defense is the Cajun Gun Works of Tanfo, and there are others for both CZ and Tanfo, not an issue. I used Dawson Precision fiber optic from sights on both brands.
    4. Tuning information. It is out there for both, just have to snoop around on the internet.
    5. Ease of maintenance & tuning. Some people hate messing with the little safety springs in the CZ frame, I guess I just got used to it. I would call it a draw.
    6. Operation. Both can be very accurate & reliable. To me the CZs are easier to learn to reload than the Tanfos.
    7. Gripes. Had barrels reamed to Sami specs on both my Tanfo's ($30.00 + shipping), notorious for having tight/out of spec chambers .
    8. Trigger (tuned) single action can be so good on either I would call that a draw, if you want zero pre-travel (I do not) I do not know if you can get there with a CZ. I get a smoother double action first shot with the CZs but Tanfo is not awful.
    9. Which to get. Tanfo fits my hand better than the CZs (including the fairly recent Shadow 2) so that makes it best for me personally, I do not think there is a clear winner in general.

For what it is worth.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    That's a very good comparison. The one instance where the Tanfo is the undisputed winner of the two is, it's the only one that is made in 10mm !

Top Bottom