• ...and so much more!
  • chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I was in your position about 4 years ago. I did my research on ALL the sites and read nearly every forum that dealt with the 1911. I went to the gun shows and gun shops and handled every brand I could, even the ones out of my price range. I finally bought a Desert Eagle 1911G and I am now looking for another for my wife. When we're out shooting, I never get to shoot mine. The biggest selling point, for me, was the factory trigger on all the DE 1911s I tried. To me, they are better than anything else on the market in your price range. You'll even have money left to buy ammo.
    [video]https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=james+mcmurtry+choctaw+bing o#id=3&vid=b0ca618e92b691d9fbc4842cde7dbe40&action =view[/video]

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    After MUCH looking, not sleeping,self-debating- decided to order this item from these guys. I think I've lost my mind. I was completely out of the .45 game but I got sucked back in! :spend:

Bob

I notice that the description says that it can't be sold in California? What makes the most basic century-old pistol illegal in California?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I notice that the description says that it can't be sold in California? What makes the most basic century-old pistol illegal in California?

Manufacturers have to submit samples for testing and approval in California, most manufacturers only submit a few variations for testing.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yep. It’s a different model number, then Commifornia sees it as a completely new gun. It’s really just a tactic to make it as difficult as possible to bring guns to market in Cali.
    and money. they charge the manufacturer a boatload of money to evaluate each model, or at least that is what I have read before.

NICKT93

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    MORGAN CO
    If I were looking to spend that much, I would be looking for A Used Kimber, prefer an older one before they become more massed produced. I've shot SA, Rugers, Colts, DW, and I just always loved the Kimber's.

Top Bottom