• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Standard Manufacturing makes a very nice 1911 for the price!

They do. Both of mine are top shelf right out of the box. I did do some polishing in the ignition controls just because. Well, because I just can not help myself.
    Consider one if the budget allows something along the DW price point.
    The blue finish is insane and the pic does not do it justice. I put the pimp grips on it.....:):
    9yyoRmu.jpg

The High Nickel finish on this one is amazing. Fit up and operation are on par with any 1911 in the price point. I did the grips on this one also.
    a1LBpfK.jpg

Last edited:

ParkerBoy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    50 Lakes
    I was in your position about 4 years ago. I did my research on ALL the sites and read nearly every forum that dealt with the 1911. I went to the gun shows and gun shops and handled every brand I could, even the ones out of my price range. I finally bought a Desert Eagle 1911G and I am now looking for another for my wife. When we're out shooting, I never get to shoot mine. The biggest selling point, for me, was the factory trigger on all the DE 1911s I tried. To me, they are better than anything else on the market in your price range. You'll even have money left to buy ammo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was in your position about 4 years ago. I did my research on ALL the sites and read nearly every forum that dealt with the 1911. I went to the gun shows and gun shops and handled every brand I could, even the ones out of my price range. I finally bought a Desert Eagle 1911G and I am now looking for another for my wife. When we're out shooting, I never get to shoot mine. The biggest selling point, for me, was the factory trigger on all the DE 1911s I tried. To me, they are better than anything else on the market in your price range. You'll even have money left to buy ammo.

Well we really do not want to go there on a discussion about triggers.

If you like that offering great. They do offer up a fair 1911. Hope you get many thousands of rounds enjoyment from that piece.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    They do. Both of mine are top shelf right out of the box. I did do some polishing in the ignition controls just because. Well, because I just can not help myself.
    Consider one if the budget allows something along the DW price point.
    The blue finish is insane and the pic does not do it justice. I put the pimp grips on it.....:):
    9yyoRmu.jpg

The High Nickel finish on this one is amazing. Fit up and operation are on par with any 1911 in the price point. I did the grips on this one also.
    a1LBpfK.jpg
    Hey CM, can we see a pic of the passenger side of the blued one. Been thinking about that one or the blued engraved one.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I am in a love hate thing with them. I love the guns. I hate management.
    For the money you will not find a better 1911.
    This is why I buy used if I can find a good one and I have found several good ones lately for decent money.
    Yes you have.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for the pic. Wasn't sure I would like the roll mark. Looks better than their website pics. And yes, the blueing is beautiful!

wiped this one with a slightly oil reg. That is the streaking you see in the pic. The fit/finish on these rivals anything else I have found in the price point. They run well and are dead on accurate.
    I will say the basic function of the Nickel one is just a bit "Slicker" than the blued one. It takes a discerning touch to even begin to notice it but yes it is there. Might settle in with some more rounds. Even at that it is still better than my TRP's. By a bit.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    wiped this one with a slightly oil reg. That is the streaking you see in the pic. The fit/finish on these rivals anything else I have found in the price point. They run well and are dead on accurate.
    I will say the basic function of the Nickel one is just a bit "Slicker" than the blued one. It takes a discerning touch to even begin to notice it but yes it is there. Might settle in with some more rounds. Even at that it is still better than my TRP's. By a bit.

Hope that this is OK. I went back and put a haze filter on the photo..... I think it helps the finish show it's true beauty a bit better.
    but yeah,, it's a tricky finish to photograph, and although the silicon rag removes fingerprints, it also takes away from the shininess.
    I think this photo is a little better ?!?!

i-gpWJXXk-XL.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Top Bottom