Btown Rural
    tenor.gif

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What kind of verification would you need to spread the word on something like this? How do you separate the wheat from the chaff as it were? I've been on the other side of a media whitewashing. It is scary how quickly people who have known you for years turn on you and believe lies in print. It is comforting when complete strangers turn into your best friends.

As fast as stuff like this unfolds, by the time there's anything concrete, it's going to be long over.

If people want a chance to challenge these laws being enforced, they're going to have to jump on a hope and a prayer that it's legitimate.
    I'd rather people show up to protect someone and be wrong, than people abandon their countrymen because they aren't sure if their facts are straight.

The latter can be manipulated by the state, the former is impossible to control.

And before anyone thinks there weren't people out there, there were countless instagram videos of people driving around the place.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I haven't seen a single piece of actual reporting or verified photo and video evidence of a "massive force" turning out. There were no other arrests or crowds reported by any of the actual reporters who were actually on the scene. Crowds of crazy militia bros fighting it out with the police in a graveyard would be national news in about ten minutes, instead it's crickets. Nothing happened.

WW556 was full of s*** and a bunch of gullible keyboard warriors repeated, embellished, and flat out lied about his claims. There was no red flag order, there were no guns or magazines, just a drunk abuser in an empty plate carrier trying to dodge the consequences of his actions. People got hoodwinked because they wanted to believe the great boogaloo or something was about to happen. Outside of social media garbage, it appears pretty clear what the facts are.

It's sad how many prominent gun media personalities got suckered by this without seeking any verification.

Cool story, bro

https://nygunforum.com/threads/red-flag-standoff-in-mahopac.34287/

Edit: Lots of discussion on ar15.com but looks like it's members only to view

Update: Brad69 is likely right and I am wrong (won't be the first time). I'm not going to totally go with that yet, though; as I'm finding a lot of broken links on aspects of the story and to folks I know. I too cannot find any photographic evidence of support on the ground. I don't find the list of charges persuasive as that can easily be manipulated. Would like to hear from the spouse

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Looks like it had nothing to do with the 2AD?

Allegedly broke into wife's safe house while drunk after wife and the child had moved out and had a restraining order in place.
    I am not the smartest dude around but if people run to the defense of everyone that has a warrant for criminal trespass, criminal contempt, aggravated harassment and petit larceny. It’s going to a whole lot running to people’s aid!

https://heavy.com/news/2019/11/whiskey-warrior-565-alex/

Lots of broken links and deleted post and threads on other forums as the story takes shape, it appears some want comments to disappear.
    Looks like there may be even more to come out about the dude none looks positive just rumors so far I am sure web sleuths will know everything about him soon.

Go beg me account $10,599 for what?
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/alex039s...edium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd share-sheet

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Looks like it had nothing to do with the 2AD?

Allegedly broke into wife's safe house while drunk after wife and the child had moved out and had a restraining order in place.
    I am not the smartest dude around but if people run to the defense of everyone that has a warrant for criminal trespass, criminal contempt, aggravated harassment and petit larceny. It’s going to a whole lot running to people’s aid!

https://heavy.com/news/2019/11/whiskey-warrior-565-alex/

Lots of broken links and deleted post and threads on other forums as the story takes shape, it appears some want comments to disappear.
    Looks like there may be even more to come out about the dude none looks positive just rumors so far I am sure web sleuths will know everything about him soon.

Go beg me account $10,599 for what?
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/alex039s...edium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd share-sheet

Not surprising. People got straight up stupid last night and are probably embarrassed and deleting their comments because the story fell apart. Moderators on various sites also probably trying to clean out "hey guys let's grab our guns and go to xyz address to fight the police" posts.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    We may never actually know what took place. Just remember, however, that there exists a state in our union that can send armed men to do physical violence to your person...as well as cost you thousands of dollars for the high crime of owning a tool of self defense. Rebellion to tyranny is our collective responsibility.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It looks like the only danger was the hyped up keyboard warriors who desperately wanted to believe his story.

And how would you feel if it was legitimate, and that people decided not to believe his story, and he ended up losing his life over a box with a spring in it?

This is like telling a 911 operator "you got hyped up for nothing, you shouldn't have sent an ambulance to that call!" just because it ended up being a false alarm.

We need to look out for each other, in this current state of severe government over-reach, and our first instinct shouldn't be to question someone's call for help. The only rights you have are the ones you're willing to forcibly defend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And how would you feel if it was legitimate, and that people decided not to believe his story, and he ended up losing his life over a box with a spring in it?

This is like telling a 911 operator "you got hyped up for nothing, you shouldn't have sent an ambulance to that call!" just because it ended up being a false alarm.

We need to look out for each other, in this current state of severe government over-reach, and our first instinct shouldn't be to question someone's call for help. The only rights you have are the ones you're willing to forcibly defend.

There is truth in both statements.

I also think that an over reaction to a situation such as this can do more harm than actual good but I do see all sides here.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There is truth in both statements.

I also think that an over reaction to a situation such as this can do more harm than actual good but I do see all sides here.

This is what I was getting at. Going to war over an internet claim is dangerous, to say the very least. If you’re asking me how I would feel about not rushing into battle for a man involved in a barricaded situation with the police that he claims was caused by a piece of plastic; not bad at all. Certainly better than dying over fantasies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As fast as stuff like this unfolds, by the time there's anything concrete, it's going to be long over.

If people want a chance to challenge these laws being enforced, they're going to have to jump on a hope and a prayer that it's legitimate.
    I'd rather people show up to protect someone and be wrong, than people abandon their countrymen because they aren't sure if their facts are straight.

The latter can be manipulated by the state, the former is impossible to control.

And before anyone thinks there weren't people out there, there were countless instagram videos of people driving around the place.

Sounds like the words of Black Lives Matters...

Sure, NY/NJ has some very draconian gun laws, but not every action against a gun owner is a 2A issue, and not every gun owner is a saint. - I hope this young man gets the help he needs.

Here's perfectly rational and proper policing, but because of the person's status (here it's celebrity vet instead of a black person), everyone's jumping to conclusions, spreading rumors and vitriol against LEO, and the suspect is ginning it all up.

The scary thing is, there's a ton of people willing to riot because of whatever rumors they here on social media, be they BLM, Antifa, or "patriots". They're all just waiting for the other side to make the first move.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If anything it just shows how close we are. A spark away. What will that REAL spark be?
    Does anyone here trust the government besides some that may still work for it? I sure as hell do not, from the bottom to the top.
    So people on the internet blindly followed this guys request to boogaloo. But isn't that what agents of the government do too a lot of times where its turned out to be acts of oppression or tyranny?
    Government no longer exists to help the people, theres a higher percentsge of government oppressing the people. And I'm not talking about the population that takes free handouts.
    We have a standing army in this country. Its become more about control than enforcement of laws. The war on drugs is a perfect example of tyranny. I see these shows on TV where they march up some mountain in california and rip out hundreds of PLANTS an they high five each other like they just saved the world. That is oppression and control, not justice.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sounds like the words of Black Lives Matters...

Sure, NY/NJ has some very draconian gun laws, but not every action against a gun owner is a 2A issue, and not every gun owner is a saint. - I hope this young man gets the help he needs.

Here's perfectly rational and proper policing, but because of the person's status (here it's celebrity vet instead of a black person), everyone's jumping to conclusions, spreading rumors and vitriol against LEO, and the suspect is ginning it all up.

The scary thing is, there's a ton of people willing to riot because of whatever rumors they here on social media, be they BLM, Antifa, or "patriots". They're all just waiting for the other side to make the first move.
    If the guy is a wife abuser then **** him.
    But how many cases have we seen already nationaly where red flag or confiscation of certain mags and guns has been used as backdoor violations of the 2nd amendment aka tyranny? Lots and the number will grow.
    We are more pro-gun here so yeah we have good cops aka patriots who wont KNOWINGLY confiscate guns. But other states seem to have no shortage of ones that will and have. We will have them here too.
    Whats going to stop them from doing it is if we rally around each other and have strength in numbers. They cannot beat that.
    Yeah there are going to be mistakes (like this indtance). But what it shows me is people have had enough of being oppressed and WILL standup and defend freedom when the real time comes.
    Government should have a fear of the people if they betray their oath, not the other way around.

Top Bottom