• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    So you're saying that there have NOT been great strides in gun rights in the last 20 years. That doesn't comport with my sense of history and reality, but hey...everything is subjective....I guess.

I'm younger, and newer at firearms. But while some restrictions have laxed, strides have been taken across the country to stiffen and widen gun laws. 30 round mags illegal are not what I call a stop in the right direction. Also, in Indiana I can see your point. But Indiana is not the norm. But then again subjectively speaking things are terrible when assault weapons can be bought through the gun show loophole.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Which do you suppose inspired the most restraint by LEO in that standoff (taking into account the immediate dispatch of the APC); the rights of the accused, or the realization that with many people watching and perhaps armed militia men on the way they were in fact standing in that figurative powder magazine

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Which do you suppose inspired the most restraint by LEO in that standoff (taking into account the immediate dispatch of the APC); the rights of the accused, or the realization that with many people watching and perhaps armed militia men on the way they were in fact standing in that figurative powder magazine

Having been involved in these things as a negotiator, the answer is not wanting to have to kill anyone. It sounds like they almost had him talked out a few times but keyboard warriors were egging him on to not surrender. If true, then those folks were the greatest threat to him.

I support healthy skepticism toward authority, but this is just tilting at windmills because of some desire to feel like a victim of government tyranny.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So why roll the APC first thing? Was the police station so far away that they wouldn't have time to move it in if they needed it?

I think Horiuchi's flight was delayed, so they went with negotiation

Remember that old motto - when you need the police, they're only minutes away.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Has MAC retracted any of his statements regarding the shenanigans yet? From what I’ve read, (didn’t get from MAC channel) he went full Yeager? You never go Full Yeager.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Having been involved in these things as a negotiator, the answer is not wanting to have to kill anyone. It sounds like they almost had him talked out a few times but keyboard warriors were egging him on to not surrender. If true, then those folks were the greatest threat to him.

I support healthy skepticism toward authority, but this is just tilting at windmills because of some desire to feel like a victim of government tyranny.
    While I am generally a law and order sort, we can’t forget that “he who writes the report has the power” barring unseen videos hen it comes to presenting charges.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Pick your battles. Pick them with clear vision and a solid plan if you can. When you step up to take on the man.....well...….you already know.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Don't forget the other keyboard warriors impromptu DDOS'ing the county's dispatch lines so nobody could communicate with each other during a dangerous situation.

Internet dummies made this whole situation so much worse than it had to be.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Don't forget the other keyboard warriors impromptu DDOS'ing the county's dispatch lines so nobody could communicate with each other during a dangerous situation.

Internet dummies made this whole situation so much worse than it had to be.
    Just goes back to my point ive made before. The infrastructure is vilnerable. The police and government have power because we the people allow them to. If they abuse it the people are more powerful if they stand together.
    In this case, the people were duped by this man. How many times have the government duped the people though? So oops.
    I didn't even watch this story as it unfolded. I wasn't interested in one man making claims. My threshold to get intrigued is much higher.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    So you're saying that there have NOT been great strides in gun rights in the last 20 years. That doesn't comport with my sense of history and reality, but hey...everything is subjective....I guess.

I'm younger, and newer at firearms. But while some restrictions have laxed, strides have been taken across the country to stiffen and widen gun laws. 30 round mags illegal are not what I call a stop in the right direction. Also, in Indiana I can see your point. But Indiana is not the norm. But then again subjectively speaking things are terrible when assault weapons can be bought through the gun show loophole.

Thats subjective to what State you live in, I'm from Maryland, No positives in that last 20 years that I can recall there.

BigShow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    From following this since Saturday evening, I have seen some of the support for WW556 disappear due to the reports of DV, rather true or not. Now I in no way support beating of females, but the Founding Fathers and writers of the Bill of rights said, the Bill of rights are creator given rights, that no man has the right to deny. Also I see no previsions in any of the Bill of rights or writings explaining the BoR that excludes a member of We the People from having his 2nd Amendments rights for breaking a law. So is the law revoking a mans right to own a firearm because he committed DV not in itself unconstitutional? After all no man has the right to deny.

I do not know where to stand on WW556 as from what I have seen the Police statements of the event have changed over the course of the last 3 days. What I do feel confident in is, that we will never know the truth.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anybody else bothered by the go beg me account?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/alex039s...edium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd share-sheet

He can get $10,599 for brandishing a shotgun at his wife and kid and then breaking into her parents house and threatening them again?

Note : this has nothing to do with a 30 rd mag!

This should bring you some joy, Brad69. If this guy can get people to part with $10000+, just think how much money you can get if you combine domestic violence with your prosperity gospel! ;)

I see that one photo on that GoBegMe page says, "Believe in something, even if it cost you everything." Which is ironic when you con others into paying.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Anybody else bothered by the go beg me account?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/alex039s...edium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd share-sheet

He can get $10,599 for brandishing a shotgun at his wife and kid and then breaking into her parents house and threatening them again?

Note : this has nothing to do with a 30 rd mag!

I believe I'll wait for the actual charges to be entered in the docket before I believe the police

Would still like to hear the wife's side of things, too

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :dunno:

[video=youtube;n5MUKjqx_VA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=134&v=n5MUKjqx_VA&feature=emb_ logo[/video]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Haven't been following this continuously, but OK wrap-ups (which is good as it gets) at Truth About Guns and Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

I will note that TAG mentions a press conference Putnam Co Sheriff was going to give last night, but AFAIK it didn't go down. They also took down their FB page

And following is a post on NYGunForum I found thought provoking:

The only fools are the ones who think that the problem is the people reacting to this.

Whether this guy is a martyr or a scumbag is irrelevant. The important part is that the government in general (and the police in particular in this case) has lost the trust of the people.

The politicians have created the problem, and the police by and large perpetuate it. If neither group does anything to reverse course this will get worse.

The more the rich and powerful are allowed to flaunt the law, and the more the law appears to be arbitrary and unjust, the less respect people have for it. We are nearing a tipping point where even good people will only follow the law because they fear the consequences, and not because they respect it.

What you see in this instance is the result of hundreds of individual people deciding that they no longer trust the system. Each one of them is a potential "lone wolf terrorist". Any of them could decide that the next one of these incidents is "the last straw" and they might decide that the appropriate action is to hunt down the responsible party and dispense their own justice, because they have no faith in "the system" any longer.

You can belittle the people who reacted all you want, and you can label them whatever you want to, but the bottom line is that they are out there, and the worse things get the more of them there are.

So, basically there are 2 ways this can go, either the politicians or the police can put the brakes on the insanity, or they will eventually have to deal with a world where random people just come out of the woodwork and start killing them.

These are people a lot like INGO, only they live on the wrong side of the iron curtain

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The more that I see about this, the less I think it will bring the “Shot heard round the Buffet”. Change my mind!

Gulf war veteran

View attachment 81798

Radicalized at Waco

View attachment 81799

The damage a lone wolf can do

View attachment 81800

It's not so much about whether Mahopac is the new Lexington Green, I don't think it is. It's about not just conservatives recognizing the brink and pulling back before the next time or it could be. In this case, it may be justice was served; but the important point is quite a number of people believed the worst and gave scant credibility to official pronouncements. It's not where we're at, it's about where we are going

Top Bottom