• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    I'm not sure why you'd make such a bogus claim.

Take a typical alloy frame officer size 1911, it is slimmer than a Glock 26 while being similar in length and height. Its also right about the same weight.

Or compare a typical alloy frame commander sizer 1911, again slimmer than a Glock 19, but similar in length and height. Oh, and right about the same weight.

Now for those who carry a full size XD/m, Glock 17 etc that is roughly the same size as a Government model 1911 and roughly the same weight as an alloy framed full size 1911 too.

In each of the above sizes, a steel frame 1911 will weigh more than the similar size Glock or XD, etc.

But in each case, the 1911 has actually been considered one of the easiest firearms to conceal because they have such flat sides. There is nothing extra to poke out or print against fabric. Personally I find it much more comfortable to carry a small all steel 1911 than it is to carry a Glock 19 or 26.

Just to disprove your statements here are some photos:
    d2ecc29a.jpg

56a2e456.jpg

e025283d.jpg

b3ca07f9.jpg

Thank you for showing what i said above and reinforcing it...+1 rep my friend on the picks

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    1911...why? Might as well walk around with a shotgun. They are large hard to conceal and definately overkill for personal protection purposes. Why not carry something less cannon like?

Why? Because it's what works best for me.
    I'm curious, what do you carry that's smaller, easier to conceal, kills just enough, and is un-cannon like?

Oh, to answer the original question, a full size 1911, IWB holster, locked & cocked as God and John Moses intended.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    1911...why? Might as well walk around with a shotgun. They are large hard to conceal and definately overkill for personal protection purposes. Why not carry something less cannon like?
    The top two things to look for in concealment is width of firearm and length of the grip. The 1911 is very thin and an officers model handle isn't too long to conceal easily. The third would be weight, and an alloy frame 1911 is pretty light even with the 45 acp rounds. Not trying to "defend" the 1911, because there are many other carry options, to each is own. That said a 45 acp is my preferred choice when an immediate threat is at hand and needs to be neutralized...are there better rounds, will a 9mm, 380, etc work sure...but as for me, that's what I know will work. :)

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Adding in a set of slim grips on the 1911 and it would look even slimmer because it is.lol

My 1911 with the slim grips feels like a supermodel in the hand compared to a thick chick with standard thickness or hogue wrap arounds which I had on my Kimberly back in the day.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    The top two things to look for in concealment is width of firearm and length of the grip. The 1911 is very thin and an officers model handle isn't too long to conceal easily. The third would be weight, and an alloy frame 1911 is pretty light even with the 45 acp rounds. Not trying to "defend" the 1911, because there are many other carry options, to each is own. That said a 45 acp is my preferred choice when an immediate threat is at hand and needs to be neutralized...are there better rounds, will a 9mm, 380, etc work sure...but as for me, that's what I know will work. :)

I've been carrying my Kimber Tactical Ultra II for over a year in a supertuck - no complaints here.

Sometimes I carry a Glock 22, I don't seem to have any issues with printing at all.

I prefer my trusty 1911, personally.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I've been carrying my Kimber Tactical Ultra II for over a year in a supertuck - no complaints here.

Sometimes I carry a Glock 22, I don't seem to have any issues with printing at all.

I prefer my trusty 1911, personally.

Can I see a picture of the kimber and the supertuck on you? curious on this setup as I've seen several people have it.

Top Bottom