Who carries a knife to back up their pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I carry a Boker ceramic blade pocketknife in my left pocket. I use it to open boxes.

I have a Ka-Bar (full-size) under my seat in my car because I stuck it there once when I went to Illinois. If I had used it while I was there, I'm sure I would have been in jail for just as long as if I had been caught carrying a handgun, but I thought maybe if I were threatened while in my car, I could say, "Look at my big Ka-Bar" and while they were admiring it, I could drive away.

emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    I carry just a plain S&W Swat knife that came with my brothers Sigma .40 when he bought it at a gun show. I'm not sure if they come with them reguarly but his did. Its just my box-opening/person-opener until I get my custom knife from you!! Then I'll prolly carry both and use the S&W for boxes...

I usually have a better chance at pulling a knife then a gun since 1) I've already stabbed someone lol and 2) I dont have my gun on me at all times since I dont have my permit and 3) I try to conceal my gun when it is on me so I have a Sub-compact CPX-1 on my 4:00 and it would be easier to grab my knife at 3:30 then it would be to grab my gun if I were to be on the ground. Standing I would use my gun..
    Also a knife is usually my primary since I cant really take my gun anywhere. Its on me at home only...

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    This is my backup.

picture.php

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I have alot of knives that I like to carry.! The one I carry most is my Emerson Commander w/wave. In fact its clipped in my pocket right now.. plus I usually have a one of my other smaller knive with me as well..

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I've got a Cold Steel Counter Tac ll , but it seems to collect dust in my glovebox more than it is carried.
    Extremely sharp little dagger, nice ergo handle. 3 and 3/8" blade.

angelfire

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    westside indy
    i dont carry a knife but i will tell you what i do carry before i got my gun permit i was carrying a stun gun a very large one at that so now that i got my permit i still seem to carry the other as well mainley in my car for the days i dont carry my gun.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    knife to back up gun?

Everyone should carry a good knife. You may not be able to draw your gun and cut the attacker away. I carry a CRKT M16-12Z or Cold Steel Recon 1 on my right pocket with tip down.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I carry several pocket knives, and at least on on a clip that I can rapidly deploy, there are ranges and situations where a knife makes more cents and is more practical the a gun.

Top Bottom