• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justknapping

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Nashville
    No panic buying here mostly due to lack of $$. Christmas kinda wiped out the play fund. Hopefully soon though I have a few toys I'd like to get not outta panic though I have been wanting them for a while.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'd like to buy a mini 14 or 30 before the hammer drops but won't pay panic prices for either so I probably won't get one.

I have to admit, I made a "panic" purchase, I bought an M1A last week, it wasn't at panic prices but I had been putting it off because I didn't want to part with the coin they are bringing. I was afraid that they would go thru the roof pricewise or would otherwise become unobtainable so I pried the money from my tight fingers.

It sure is a nice one though!!:rockwoot:

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I haven't bought anything at all gun related in about half a year.

If I wasn't so lazy I would think about selling off a couple of the more "desirable" objects I own.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'm waiting for all the "slightly used" stuff to go on the market at discount prices!!!

Seller - "I paid $1500 for this thing!"
    Me - "Yeah, but it's only worth $750, now."

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I sold a boat, got my year end bonus, went to get me an ar15. I decided on a stripped lower, I started my build from there. After I got everything I needed, it was time for ammo!!
    The panic started, there wasn't any. The stores I shop at wont gouge so I just have to wait till it hits the shelf again, or online sales resume.

Gunshows became a joke!!! 20 rnds for 20.00.

I put my ar15 up after I zeroed it in.. Switched guns and shot something else. You can't do anything to help the situation panic buying only hurts and prolongs it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Have an AR 10 on layaway, just before everything went bonkers. So I'm good on that. Already have reloading stuff for .308, good to go. But I wish I had picked up some mags.
    Been working so much OT, I haven't been by to see the prices, or if they're even available.

mike63502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    I have what I need so I am not buying at these prices. I always have more wants so when prices come down, then maybe.

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    I'm not one to worry or panic, so I haven't done any panic buying.

It just sucks that I had to put off purchases because of money the last couple of years…including that AR a buddy at work had for $700 last year.

Now I have money to spend but the market is too high for my tastes. Oh well, I guess I'll save that much more over the next few months or years and go on a buying spree when the prices "normalize".

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    I haven't done any panic buying. I just buy what I need when I need it. When I buy my SR22, it won't be a panic buy, it'll be so I can teach my daughter how to shoot a pistol.

jamie12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Pendleton
    I picked up 2 ProMag AK47 73 Round drums this morning off of Cheaper Than Dirt for $177 shipped to the door. Not great but I can sell 1 at the show in a couple weeks and make most of my money back.

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    I got a bunch of AR 30 rounder mags and some spare AR parts off a forum member here a week or so ago. Pre-panic prices (actually LOWER then normal pre-panic prices paid about $10 a mag) and his ad sat unnoticed for a while. No idea why no one else took it. But was planning on getting those magazines anyway.

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    I already filled my needs in 2009, cept ammo...I try to keep up with 2k per caliper. I just bought 250 rds of UMC 45 for.....wait for it 109 dollars at BASS Pro. I paid 94 last summer for same at Walmart.....no panic here...yet!?!

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    Took a ride to Cabelas today. Still lots of buyers and lookers. I didn't check on new guns, but went through the library. It was pretty well picked over! Last month there were at least 12 used ARs...none today. The prices on the handguns did not seem out of line (at least for Cabelas). Ammo?? What ammo! The shelves were near empty. They did have lots of 9mm. I checked 45s, 357s, and 22s. Not much to choose from and all pricey. There were NO bricks of 22s!

Top Bottom