• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    While not optimal, it is usable offroad. Having done some wheeling in a Burban, which was actually 30 inches less wheelbase, you will need to swing wide and get used to multi point turns on most trails in this area. Down in VA or TN, the wheelbase would not be near the issue on the trails though.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I've had my Super Duty at the Badlands. I did stay on the more open trails as that was before my lockers and I was alone. I'm looking forward to trying some more this summer.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    My only intention with the Nissan is easy, open trails. IMO it is way to pretty to beat into trees on a trail. I bought it as a tough street cruiser that I can still have a little fun with the kids in. I don't have any friends that go off reading and can't figure it's ever a good idea to do tough trails on your own anyway.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just picked up an '01 4Runner as my daily driver / weekend warrior. I'm not looking to break a bunch of stuff offroading, but I'd like to get the tires muddy on some trails sometime. Might have to try it out at lovemywoods' place first.

opog3.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I just picked up an '01 4Runner as my daily driver / weekend warrior. I'm not looking to break a bunch of stuff offroading, but I'd like to get the tires muddy on some trails sometime. Might have to try it out at lovemywoods' place first.

opog3.jpg

Let's take it to the badlands!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Interesting. Trails are not an issue for 4 door JK and my TB. What trails did you find too tight?

Was following some TJ's who were doing three point turns. I don't know the trail I was on as it was a few years ago. I thought a Titan (174" overall length) was longer then a JK (224" overall length) versus a Jeep Cherokee (167" overall length). A Titan might be able to do more then I thought.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Was following some TJ's who were doing three point turns. I don't know the trail I was on as it was a few years ago. I thought a Titan (174" overall length) was longer then a JK (224" overall length) versus a Jeep Cherokee (167" overall length). A Titan might be able to do more then I thought.

JK is 174 overall
    Titan is 224 or 244 depending on bed length
    155 for a TJ

However the overall length or wheelbase is not the only reason to create needing 3 point turns, turning radius does a big part. The TB specs out almost identical to JKUs however I can make turns on the trails they cant since I can turn tighter.

But that Titan is much longer overall, with a longer wheelbase. It is a full-size and they do need different driving styles and trail/line selection. Plenty at Badlands for someone to enjoy though.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Picking up some good info. No thread Jack intended but for everybody's information are there any kind of INGO " off road meet and greets" of any sort? I know I am not the only one who has thought about getting into off reading that does not currently have any friends that are into it.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Picking up some good info. No thread Jack intended but for everybody's information are there any kind of INGO " off road meet and greets" of any sort? I know I am not the only one who has thought about getting into off reading that does not currently have any friends that are into it.

No you're not. Nobody I know is willing to go wheeling off road either except a 4x4 club I am currently in the process of joining up north. I only see them at our meetings once a month as the club, an hr away, was the closest one I could find to where I live. We have yet to go wheeling as a club since I started to join. I'm up for some wheeling this summer... There is an expeditionportal.com I get on. I started an Indiana group. We got together a few times last year, but not since the snow hit. Probably will try again next month.

Indiana thread... Indiana overlanders... Is there anybody out there? - Expedition Portal

"Indiana Overlanders" group page... http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...php?groupid=64

One of the guys made a facebook page too... https://www.facebook.com/groups/647013792027702/

I would love to meet more people who want to go off roading. There is a place in Attica called the Badlands off road park. I have been there twice, but haven't come close to exploring the whole place.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas

I think it was IndyORV that did a Run and Gun.... backroad/offroad thing with some shooting somewhere.

Is a great idea.

Top Bottom