• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Last time I was there I tried to convince my dad that he needed to buy the .44 Automag for $495 because it was a good investment. I ribbed him for years because he said no.

Bob

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I remember dad taking me and my brothers there as kids. I remembered it as Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, but with guns.

Went back once as an adult. It didn't live up to my childhood memories.:dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I miss $79 SKSs in a barrel just inside the door. I miss being able to buy a trailer tire, diapers, a go-Kart and a Colt Python in the same store.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Jim Shema beat the suit brought by Gary .He decided to get out of the business after he shot a person trying to rob his store . didn't kill the perp but the perp recovered and later tried to bring charges against Shema.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As far as i know, the "Gary Gun Case" still lives. I was local counsel for some firearms manufacturers before I switched firms. Some of my current partners are local counsel for other firearms manufacturers.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    As far as i know, the "Gary Gun Case" still lives. I was local counsel for some firearms manufacturers before I switched firms. Some of my current partners are local counsel for other firearms manufacturers.

Yeah I thought after Sandyhook that a lot of firearms manufacturers wanted to leave anti-gun states. Remember Indiana making a big push for them but there was a long outstanding court case that had never been resolved.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    For us Fetla's was maybe a twice yearly treat due to distance that we never seemed to grow weary of. A menagerie of treasures to be found covered in dust if one invested the time looking. Elkhart had a smaller version of this back in the sixties with John Hite Sporting Goods. Upon entering you wondered how they ever found what was sought in the clutter; but they did and the people kept coming back until the devastating fire.......

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Great place for any and everything, like a better flea market, original Walmart with guns rolled together. Was always interesting going there. Even bought my Browning Hi Power MK3 there.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    There was no better place in the region for a straw purchase... I also liked going to downtown Hammond for the army navy store and trick shop. Those were the days. Lol

iceman7668

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    It was so cluttered and spread out they had yellow footprints on the floor so you could follow them to the bathroom!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Jim Shema beat the suit brought by Gary .He decided to get out of the business after he shot a person trying to rob his store . didn't kill the perp but the perp recovered and later tried to bring charges against Shema.
    I remember this event to well. Was going to stop by Shema's that night but ran into a friend and got to talking and it was to late to go to the gun store and heard about the shooting the next day.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Used to stop there after the Valpo and Crown Point shows.
    It was cool to walk around and see all the stuff.
    They had some very nice pieces.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    my first shotgun and first centerfire rifle came from there. made many a trips there just to browse. They had guns there. never any complaints about selection until their management/ownership change which was the beginning of the end. I am a little sad every time I drive by there.

Top Bottom