• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Fetlas was my favorite store, I would spend hours there. Dad would take me there as a kid and I continued to go until they closed. Dad would say "Its the best store on earth" and then mom would chime in "There's an inch of dust on everything" LOL....Man, I miss that place! When my son was a little guy I would take him there. He would say "Dad, when are we going back to Fetlers" That would just crack me up!.......A couple times a year we would venture to the old Army/Navy in Hammond, that place just fascinated me as a kid........Great times

JDG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2017
    LaPorte County
    I don't remember a bear, but my first visit was in 1987 after escaping Illinois. A bear would not surprise me, they had everything else in that store.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I forgot about the tent sales. Those were amazing. I used to get my shoes there. Airwalks super cheap.

That is where we'd go to get our school clothes every year. I remember the crates of surplus rifles at the tent sale.

My Marlin 60 came from there....still have it.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Fetla's was a great store. I bought quite a few guns from them back in the 80s and 90s before they closed their doors. Still have the the old receipts with Fetla's name on them.

Top Bottom