• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Heck, in the early 1950's I used to purchase 22LR in the local CO-OP elevator office. You could buy Super X for a penny apiece or a 50 round box for $.39. They didn't carry firearms but you could order surplus military rifles from the back pages of several magazines, Sears (JC Higgens as I remember) and Western auto also had a pretty good stock.

At that time I lived in a very small town in northern Indiana (Roselawn) so most people just bought used from friends and acquaintances. A pretty good 22 rifle or 12 gage shotgun could be bought for $5 or $10. I remember one guy trying to sell me an 8 gage shotgun - NOPE.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Remember when ya hit that pedestrian with your car at the crosswalk and then just drove away? Pepperidge Farm remembers, but Pepperidge Farm aint gonna just keep it to Pepperidge Farm's self free of charge. Maybe ya go out and buy yourself some of these distinctive Milano cookies, maybe this whole thing just disappears.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Remember when ya hit that pedestrian with your car at the crosswalk and then just drove away? Pepperidge Farm remembers, but Pepperidge Farm aint gonna just keep it to Pepperidge Farm's self free of charge. Maybe ya go out and buy yourself some of these distinctive Milano cookies, maybe this whole thing just disappears.

WTH? I know I keep the keyboard Kommandos hopping but this is far out even for me!!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WTH? I know I keep the keyboard Kommandos hopping but this is far out even for me!!

It's an old Family Guy joke. And a good one at that.

[video=youtube;r2QVjp4KEjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2QVjp4KEjU[/video]

A riff off the old commercials:
    [video=youtube;d4M-6X9iUjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4M-6X9iUjw[/video]

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    True value in Lowell, IN has ammo. And I am sure you can order guns since it is connected with sportsmen’s den in cedar lake IN.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I feel like there used to be a shop called big blue or blue or something that was like tractor supply and they had handguns

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There was a Barber shop up in northern Michigan that sold fishing gear and firearms.

It was just a couple barbers and a variety of longuns on two walls, another wall had fish pictures from the current season and some hunting pictures from the previous season.

A room off to the side had fishing gear and probably other outdoor goods.

Wonder if someone kept that place going.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I feel like there used to be a shop called big blue or blue or something that was like tractor supply and they had handguns

Yes Big Blue. They became or were bought by Orcelins (spp??). When I was a teenager they sold ammunition and gun safes. I think they had some firearms. But I remember buying shotgun shells and .22 there. Had a family friend who was the manager and he gave me a bunch of 20 gauge shells that had somehow been water damaged. I shot those up in my old single shot from Coast to Coast. We would stand next to a barn and throw a rock up on the tin roof, when a pigeon or starling came flying out it was game on.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I think the last Big Blue I ever seen was in Vincennes. Probably gone now too.
    Big R is a pretty cool store. I wish we'd get one down this way.

Top Bottom