• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    They want to get people addicted to their "crack" so they'll put up with this kind of crap. Wouldn't it be great if we could come up with a way to make people smile as they paid us many hundred dollars to stick something up their backside?

After this I am done. I had already switched to Android. I'm hoping my wife does too when she decides she wants a new phone.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Never had an issue with my Apple products, sure as hell can't say that for Android or PC. Couple times a week I walk out of my house wearing a watch that tracks my heart rate via a bluetooth heart rate monitor, tracks my speed, location and splits via internal GPS while sending music to my wireless headphones. Once I get home it uploads all of the information to my phone which then uploads it to my internet account all by itself. I can open database spreadsheets, slide presentations and word processing documents on my phone, iPad or Macbook and the progress is saved and shared with the other devices without me doing a thing. Texts, calls and calendar reminders all show up on my watch at a glance as they come in.

My wife has used PCs for years and her business is very printer heavy. As a result she goes through a couple printers a year and she insists on buying HP. I always get the pleasant experience of making the printers work with the PCs which is usually a two to three hour process if I don't have to talk to someone in Istanbul for guidance. I can take my Macbook, plug it into the same printer and within two minutes it has gone onto the internet, located the necessary software, installed it and the printer is up and running.

I have to use a Windows laptop at work. It's less than six months old and my internet access is heavily restricted so as to not allow any of the 4.3 billion viruses, malware, adware, whatevers to infect it. Every day it picks one piece of software that it doesn't like and I have to reboot it to get the software to work. It's almost always a different piece of software each day but there is always something that doesn't work, always.

Maybe comparing the Apple products to crack is appropriate. I've heard the stuff is good, real good so its fitting.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I couldn't imagine spending that on a dang phone. I use an old Motorola that has outlasted several phones of friends and family.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Nothing new with the iPhone. My galaxy 8s does all that was announced and more now. Apple is playing catch up at this point. I still like my iPad and iMac but don't like the iPhone. The wife is team iPhone all the way.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Never had an issue with my Apple products, sure as hell can't say that for Android or PC. Couple times a week I walk out of my house wearing a watch that tracks my heart rate via a bluetooth heart rate monitor, tracks my speed, location and splits via internal GPS while sending music to my wireless headphones. Once I get home it uploads all of the information to my phone which then uploads it to my internet account all by itself. I can open database spreadsheets, slide presentations and word processing documents on my phone, iPad or Macbook and the progress is saved and shared with the other devices without me doing a thing. Texts, calls and calendar reminders all show up on my watch at a glance as they come in.

My wife has used PCs for years and her business is very printer heavy. As a result she goes through a couple printers a year and she insists on buying HP. I always get the pleasant experience of making the printers work with the PCs which is usually a two to three hour process if I don't have to talk to someone in Istanbul for guidance. I can take my Macbook, plug it into the same printer and within two minutes it has gone onto the internet, located the necessary software, installed it and the printer is up and running.

I have to use a Windows laptop at work. It's less than six months old and my internet access is heavily restricted so as to not allow any of the 4.3 billion viruses, malware, adware, whatevers to infect it. Every day it picks one piece of software that it doesn't like and I have to reboot it to get the software to work. It's almost always a different piece of software each day but there is always something that doesn't work, always.

Maybe comparing the Apple products to crack is appropriate. I've heard the stuff is good, real good so its fitting.

I second Phylodog 100%. I fought buying apply for years. finally caved and got an iPhone 4 when they were free with a 2 year contract. I have been a dedicated Apple fan ever since. The Apple Watch is the **it. I had no idea how cool it was going to be but I love it now....

I will not be spending 1K for the latest and greatest though. Leave the fashion statement to others with the extra grand to throw around.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    I likely will. Been ready to upgrade from my 6s plus for awhile now and was waiting to see what they were coming out with.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I cant boycott everyone that disagrees with me. The list would be very, very, long. :)

Our 6s's are working fine...and they're paid for :) . Hopefully, it'll be awhile before we're in the cellphone market again.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    6 plus here.
    Have already made the decision not to upgrade yet. (Eventually it will happen) maybe the X maybe just the 8 plus. Will wait to hear which is the winner in reviews.
    One never get one when they are first announced. I got my six plus around xmas time when it was announced in September. Verizon made me a nice deal. Had apple card from a friend did a survey for Verizon which was then upgraded to an in person survey.

i had the 4 and then the five. I still have both of them sitting in the boxes both still work fine except the battery life is just about shot. I had the 5 for two years. I got the six plus. Daughter used the five for another two years. Now the battery last about 4 hour but a pre teen girl used it constantly for two years. No issues on the 6 plus yet. The battery seems fine. Personally I like the extra size. No need to upgrade for me does all I need.

When the six plus plus has run it course I will upgrade maybe get the X when the XPlus or XS version comes out at a steep discount. My oldest daughters original iPod touch worked until this summer when I finally cooked it in a locked car in the sun . Apple stuff does seem to last a very long time if handled correctly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A calculator, a HD camera, a video game platform, a voice recorder, a digital address book, watch live TV, watch recorded TV, watch movies, send payments, receive payment, check bank statements, check email, a gps tracker, a language translator, a web browser, a pedometer, a clock, a calendar, a photo album, a MP3 player, a wallet, a compass.... and it's portable. In the grand scheme of things, even if you use only a few of those, a thousand dollars is actually quite reasonable.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    A calculator, a HD camera, a video game platform, a voice recorder, a digital address book, watch live TV, watch recorded TV, watch movies, send payments, receive payment, check bank statements, check email, a gps tracker, a language translator, a web browser, a pedometer, a clock, a calendar, a photo album, a MP3 player, a wallet, a compass.... and it's portable. In the grand scheme of things, even if you use only a few of those, a thousand dollars is actually quite reasonable.

I can do all of that with my $100 Lg stylo 3 android phone!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In 3d that can't be fooled by a photo, isn't even fooled by a 3d mask of your face, and can recognize you if you grow a beard and wear sunglasses?

Doubt I'll ever get one until forced, and my employer will even buy whatever I want.

Im perfectly happy with a pin. Or fingerprint. (though I stopped doing that when the courts said you cannot be compelled to remember a passcode but you can be compelled to provide a fingerprint)

I see HUGE implications for the enterprise market if they continue to produce phones that only recognize faces and no passcodes/home buttons. So you quit and its our phone we bought for your position. We have to throw the phone out because the original owner is no longer available? (we still are entitled to your data) Or we are servicing it for you and need to work on it. You now have to hang around for hours in case we reboot it and need to unlock it later?

No way the X can work in an enterprise device pool without a passcode option.

EDIT: :tinfoil: What if that legal decision above is why Apple got rid of the passcode option?!?!?!? :tinfoil:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...EDIT: :tinfoil: What if that legal decision above is why Apple got rid of the passcode option?!?!?!? :tinfoil:

Oh yeah, Apple wouldn't open the San Bernardino terrorist's phone.

Why Apple Says It Won't Help Unlock That iPhone, In 5 Key Quotes : The Two-Way : NPR

Apple opposes order to help FBI unlock phone belonging to San Bernardino shooter - LA Times

650x366

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

This. It's way more than a phone. While I won't be buying this one, I did buy a Samsung S8. My S4 had a tragic accident involving a tumble onto rocks that left the screen...textured. Best Buy had the S8 at $17.50 mo/24 months.

The new phone is faster, the battery lasts longer, the iris ID/fingerprint scanner is easy to log into, etc. The only thing I don't like on the S8 is Bixby, which sucks and is worse than Google Assistant in every single way. Bixby, you suck and I hate you. Samsung won't let you re-map the button, and it's placed so you hit it by accident quite a bit...so I cut the button out of the case and now you can't activate it. Suck it, Bixby.

I am amazed at the technology available to me for the cost. I saved more than my monthly phone payment today at Dick's by using the price comparison app. Scan the bar code, see the pricing at other places. Dick's price matches, and I saved $29. Lowe's price matches, too. Using TripAdvisor to find local restaurants instead of rolling the dice or eating at chains while traveling, the internet in your palm, translation and currency conversion apps, all incredibly handy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Ugh. Apple is the glock of conputers... same phone again. Oooo its faster now? How fast do you really need a phone to be? It stull does all the same things as the last one. If my iphone 4 didnt die in a tragic accident id still be running it. Seriously. They could probably put a 5,000 price tag on it and come out better than even. Sheesh.. its a phone.. id rather have a thousand bucks just to have a thousand bucks

Top Bottom