• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    Just bought a new Remington Brush cutter and weed trimmer from Menards last week. I bought the Remington blower last year and really like it. Now if I could just get the dandelions under control.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mow job #3 is in the books today. Took long enough too. Had the PTO switch fail on me today as I was bouncing over the many, many mole hills I have in my yard. As I was troubleshooting why the blades quit, I noticed the pump drive belt was about to fail. You'd think a belt ought to last longer than 13 years :D. So, a switch, two belts, and $120 -- oh and I ran out of gas and had to make a run into town to refill the cans, later and the job's finally done.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mow job #3 is in the books today. Took long enough too. Had the PTO switch fail on me today as I was bouncing over the many, many mole hills I have in my yard. As I was troubleshooting why the blades quit, I noticed the pump drive belt was about to fail. You'd think a belt ought to last longer than 13 years :D. So, a switch, two belts, and $120 -- oh and I ran out of gas and had to make a run into town to refill the cans, later and the job's finally done.
    That's just so much more work than it should be.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I would have mowed last weekend, but I had a guy do some power raking and aerating for me, which shortened it up a bit. I put some fertilizer down. I hasn't taken off just yet, but when it does, I will be having to mow more at least once a week if not more. I expect that growing spurt to kick in any day now.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I mowed last week after installing a battery in my late '70s International 184. After getting about 3/4ths of the way through, I hit a culvert and stalled it. Wouldn't turn over, so I hotwired it.

Installed a new ignition switch this week and finished my second mow yesterday. Runs like a champ.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've got a Husqvarna string trimmer for over 13 years now and it always starts right up and runs like a scalded dog.

Annnnnnnd.....no sooner than I post that---yesterday, I was the first time I'd used it this spring and it did start right up. But after running a bit, it lost power and wouldn't stay running. I'd put Sta-bil in the gas and all that but it didn't want to run. Took the carburetor off and cleaned it up and a half hour later, I was back in business. Hopefully that's it for another 13 years. :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Did my first mowing of the season yesterday. It wasn't needing it too bad yet but the neighbor on one side (that fertilizes her yard heavily) had mowed, so.... you know how that goes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Did my first mowing of the season yesterday. It wasn't needing it too bad yet but the neighbor on one side (that fertilizes her yard heavily) had mowed, so.... you know how that goes.

I haven't bought a bag of fertilizer in 13-14 years. My yard's too big for that now. But I used to be one of "those people".

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The deer have done a pretty good job of mowing for me so far. I figure it will be at least a couple of weeks before I have to think about that. I'm focused on cleaning out flower beds and figuring out where to plant more flowers.

Top Bottom