I was mowing today until ...

BBC13D77-2F78-4324-A932-271536EC24C5.jpg

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I think that there was some type of catastrophic failure in the fuel system. As I was mowing the lawnmower erupted into a giant fireball. It was as if someone threw a bucket of gasoline onto an open fire. If I wasn't wearing jeans my legs would have been incinerated. Somehow I am emerged unscathed other than some melted shoes.

9BCF2E5D-9C23-442E-AA1B-BE81E93678A3.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Good thing it didn't happen inside a garage.
    Glad you're ok. :yesway:

I think that there was some type of catastrophic failure in the fuel system. As I was mowing the lawnmower erupted into a giant fireball. It was as if someone threw a bucket of gasoline onto an open fire. If I wasn't wearing jeans my legs would have been incinerated. Somehow I am emerged unscathed other than some melted shoes.

9BCF2E5D-9C23-442E-AA1B-BE81E93678A3.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Had you changed the fuel filter recently? I had a mower go up in flames one time after I'd changed the fuel filter (among other spring time maintenance tasks). I'm assuming I didn't get the fuel line reattached sufficiently enough.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Had you changed the fuel filter recently? I had a mower go up in flames one time after I'd changed the fuel filter (among other spring time maintenance tasks). I'm assuming I didn't get the fuel line reattached sufficiently enough.
    Nothing had been done to the fuel filter recently the only thing that we did this year was a new battery and blades.
    Holy crap! I kinda thought that looked like a Simplicity. What model/year is--err was it?

I believe it was a 2009 Simplicity conquest. Now I just need to figure out how to get this off the property. Hopefully a scrapper just steals the thing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom