why do bad things happen to good people?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Seriously, why do terrible things happen to good people? Its no surprise that life isn't fair but what's the point of putting someone on the earth just to make them suffer? I know this is pretty vague but I didn't start the thread to put my business out there, just looking for some good feedback on how to deal with a tough situation..or maybe just to rant.

Thanks ingo!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You have to accept that fact that **** happens and there is not much you can do about it.
    You go on. A couple of years back I could not see a light at the end of the tunnel.....
    it turned around pretty quickly and I'm 10x better off now than then.

I've been there, you try to live your life right and still get kicked in the jimmy.
    For a double smack on the back of the head.............
    people that "should" be on the down and out seem to be coming up roses all over.

Move on and move up.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've always found those times have made me better in various ways: more patient, forgiving, understanding, faithful, etc. I've gained personal attributes that could not be developed without conflict or pain. It doesn't last forever and although we go through times of pain and tears, joy does come in time.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Bad things have to happen to give good people an opportunity to show by actions what they say with words. Talk is cheap. And people don't know what they are capable of until adversity separates the dross from the silver.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I've always found those times have made me better in various ways: more patient, forgiving, understanding, faithful, etc. I've gained personal attributes that could not be developed without conflict or pain. It doesn't last forever and although we go through times of pain and tears, joy does come in time.

:+1: this. I've been threw some pretty serious crap. Health wise and personal wise. There's a lot of true in the phrase "What doesn't kill you make you stronger" Remember that when things look gloom and doom. I wish you the best!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Because karma doesn't exist and is only something we believe in to make ourselves feel better when we do good or see good, or when we see or act bad.

Bad things happen to good people for the same reason good things happen to bad people. **** happens. Just like the Florida man who is a convicted child predator who won $3,000,000 on a lottery ticket. Why did a kiddy-diddler win three-million dollars while those of us who are disgusted at the thought of his past actions work for a living?

Life isn't fair or meant to be fair.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree with all the above. It's easy to say when you're not the one going through the pain but I've been taught you're never given any more than you can handle.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My best friend who was dying from cancer asked me one day.."Why did this happen to me? What did I do that was so bad, do you think God is punishing me?" I was almost overwhelmed, but felt a peace…..and said.."Sometimes bad things happen to very good people like you, and sometimes good things happen to very bad people. The sun and the rain, they both fall on the good and the evil."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wonder that every day in the ER. The common thought is if an old nice patient is there, it's due to cancer. Just seems like that's how it works.

bad things happen to all of us. Just because we're good doesn't mean we get a pass. It helps you forget what doesn't matter and focus on what does. Good luck with things and let me know if I can help.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    And sometimes those who seem to have it easy, don't really. You never know what troubles another person has until you have spent a day in their shoes. Things aren't always what they seem. I've known people who appeared to have everything they could want in life and later found out they were going through bankruptcy and divorce.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Life is extreme difficult, but it can always always always be worse. Always. Read the book of Job, goodness gracious that guy had it rough. Every breath you get to take is a gift, in a very literal sense. Every time you wake up, it's grace and mercy and love that let it happen. I'm not preaching, because I am worse at it than anybody, but being thankful for everything can have a profound impact on your outlook.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    There are a variety of possible reasons:

Character Building (we are hardwired to remember negative experiences more vividly than positive ones, making it easier and faster to learn)
    Empathy and comfort sharing ("...the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.")
    Means of displaying God's glory both in comforting the injured and punishing the injurer, in the case of unfairness, persecution etc.
    Mystery, as there is as of yet no definitive, all-encompassing answer to this question.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bad things happen to good people because they can handle it.

More to this than on just the surface.

Life is a crap sandwich. You are going to have to eat it. The only options available are a choice of condiments.
    Sounds simple enough but choose your condiments wisely. They are all you have.

Top Bottom