• ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    2 more words = F*C* Glock
    That is just not nice. I had a XD 9 once, felt like I was trying to shoot a 2x4. Traded it in for a Para Ordnance Carry 9. Thing about Glock guns is, for the most part (not always) you can take them out of the box and shoot 500 rounds and then think about cleaning them after shooting the next 500 rounds.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Wow, I've never seen so much ignorant XD hate as right here except on Glock Talk. You guys post there too? Are you jealous because my XDs eat cast lead bullets and your glocks don't? Are you jealous because the XD is outselling the glock? Because I paid less than 800 bucks for both my XDs combined? Not reliable? Excessive recoil?? are we talking about the same gun?
    USMC_Grunt, Don't let the xd bashers get you down. I have a couple xd 40s and carry one or the other every day. If you like the feel of the Beretta 92, then check out the XD. The weight is slightly less, but the grip feels generally the same and has the same angle, not the angle of the Glock. It also doesn't have finger grooves spaced too close together as some glocks do.
    BTW USMC 0311, I just qualified last month with the M9. Hadn't shot it since last summer, but have shot my XDs. Scored a 358.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    No XD hate from me. I just couldn't get the feel of the gun, it felt like it was front heavy. I got mine because of all the good things that I had heard about them. Figure like anything other gun, some will have problems most will be fine. Posting on GT--nope just lurk.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have never owned or shot an XD, so I cannot say anything about that. What I can say is that at a USPSA match about a month ago I watched two different XDs in my squad have problems. I do not know the details- maybe it was bulged brass that had been reloaded, maybe it was factory ammo the gun didnt like, I dunno. All I know is that it was two seperate guys, both of them having malfunctions. The one guy had several malfunctions (3 or more).

I have said this before, but I don't understand the fixation with Glocks being "ugly". I can't say that I ever noticed it being pretty or ugly. As long as the gun is simple, reliable, and easy to get stuff for, why does its appearance matter that much? I just think that is misdirected attention. YMMV.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Wow, I've never seen so much ignorant XD hate as right here except on Glock Talk. You guys post there too? Are you jealous because my XDs eat cast lead bullets and your glocks don't? Are you jealous because the XD is outselling the glock? Because I paid less than 800 bucks for both my XDs combined? Not reliable? Excessive recoil?? are we talking about the same gun?
    USMC_Grunt, Don't let the xd bashers get you down. I have a couple xd 40s and carry one or the other every day. If you like the feel of the Beretta 92, then check out the XD. The weight is slightly less, but the grip feels generally the same and has the same angle, not the angle of the Glock. It also doesn't have finger grooves spaced too close together as some glocks do.
    BTW USMC 0311, I just qualified last month with the M9. Hadn't shot it since last summer, but have shot my XDs. Scored a 358.

How many rounds have you put thru your XD's? The reason I ask is, is I have watched Coach struggle with XD's lack of reliability.

I also bought an M&P45, and for the most part loved it, the trigger reset could have been a little more positive, but all in all I liked.

The down side of both the XD and the M&P for me were lack of factory parts and magazines. In fact Cory Nash now owns my M&P, it has a really nice stipple job on it now.

I like simplicity, Glock gives me just that with the added bonus of affordability and an abundance of factory and aftermarket parts.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

My statements regarding the XD are not ignorant. I have owned three and they have all broken multiple times, and they were not abused. But they were used. I took two five inch models to the 2006 USPSA nationals, one broke completely and cost me to zero a stage. The other limped through the rest of the match and had to be shipped back for work for about the third time per gun. The one I own has at least 60,000 rounds through it but has been in the shop too many times to count. Usually breaking during a match or right before a match.

If you feel comfortable carrying an XD. Good luck. My opinion was shaped over a three year period trying to like and use an XD. The gun did not perform to a satisfactory level.

I don't own or care of the Glock, but it has a much better track record.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I have to give credit where credit is due. Glocks are excelent guns and have a great reputation for a reason. But just like any other gun out there, they don't fit everyones hands (myself included). But there are also other excellent choices.
    Besides Glock, you also have the Springfield XD and the new XDm.
    The S&W M&P line are still pretty new, but they are already showing that they are very nice guns. I have shot both the 9 and 45 full size, and the 40 compact. they fit my hands very well.
    Then you have the FN FNP. They have very good grips. Haven't had a chance to shoot one yet, but have read great reviews.

I would say go and try every one that you can.

Then buy one of each, that way us poor folk can try them!!:do2::rockwoot::lmfao:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'd feel better about the torture test if it was hosted on the Springfield Armory site :):

I had the chance to shoot an XD once and I thought it felt great in my hands and I enjoyed shooting it. People who have alot more experience than me and whose opinion I trust have told me there are some reliability issues. Have I ever seen those first hand? No. I have not shot one enough to know.

I would really like to try a S&W MP. Will anyone have one at the NFA day?

Pffft....... XDs are tanks!!!

Torture test results: SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

:cheers:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow, I've never seen so much ignorant XD hate as right here except on Glock Talk.

I hope you're not referring to Coach's comments. I can't vouch for anyone else in this topic, but I know that Coach has owned three different XDs and all three had major mechanical issue (mostly with trigger parts breaking multiple times). When they were not broken, they functioned okay, but like him, I would never carry a gun that I didn't trust and he has good reason to not Trust XDs.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My experience with M&Ps was not positive.

I liked the feel of them in my hand so I bought one when they came out, and one 5 months ago - a fullsize and a compact both in 9mm - ending up getting rid of both.

Why? Neither could reliably feed, the first one had the old follower and one had the newer gray followers. You can't tell me I didn't try to like them - I BOUGHT TWO!
    Wow.gif
    Even after a bad experience with the first one!

YMMV

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    well im not a big poly fan, but i got a Taurus 24/7 pro in 40. cal.. I have not put many rounds through it. The guy I got it from who is on this site has put 600+ rounds through it with out any failures. It seems to be a good shooting gun. and I have heard alot of good things about them. But then again I have heard many great things about cz, sig, hk and glock but the thing is what fits you best.

i would love to get an older 1911 the big reasons i see a lot of bad things happen with them like jaming etc is be cause of coustom parts.

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Why a Glock?

I'm a big fan of the 1911, but if I knew I had only one choice for my sidearm, I'd take a Glock. I've carried one in 9mm, 40 S&W and .45 acp since 1992 and never had one malfunction from thousands of rounds fired. Not one. I've carried Sig 226s, 228s and 220s. I've never had a malfunction with one of those either, but they are heavier, larger and usually carry less ammo. I have only fired a Srpingfield XD45 once. I liked it, but I'd need more experience with one to make a decision. Glocks are butt ugly, but they're extremely reliable and that is the most important factor in a self defense gun. As much as I like 1911s, I've had the occasional stovepipe, even on well prepared ones. Glocks work and they don't cost an arm and a leg. I wish they were better looking, but that's something I can deal with.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    nobody "NEEDS" a Glock.

However, for a defensive pistol, for somebody who hasn't found something that works for them yet, A Glock 19 is a FANTASTIC starting point for a defensive pistol.

The lack of extra buttons/leavers/switches. Same trigger pull from round 1 --> round 16. Good overall size for daily carry make it a fantastic option. The fact they are nearly impossible to break adds to that opinion.

That said, if you have a Sig, or an HK, or some other gun that works for you, and you trust your life to it. you don't NEED a Glock.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rudyjr
    Top Bottom