• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    i carry a glock 19, and have since ridding myself of the infernal S&W sigma. yeah, it's not the prettiest gun, but it has never failed me (~5000 rounds through it), and i am 100% confident in its abilities, and mine.

glock2619

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    As others have said...

You don't "need" a Glock. There are many good guns out there. If you're already comfortable with the M9, find one of those. But, I haven't found much bad to say at all about my Glocks.

Let us know what you decide.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    There are only so many people in this room qualified to carry a Glock. I am not one of them because I do not own one. I might some day but today I do not.

hpd855

Member From INGO's Early Days
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Haubstadt
    I have carried a Glock for over 10 years as a duty weapon. I started with a G22, but switched to a 21 for the larger grip. I shoot 50-100 rounds a week with quality ammo and have never had any problems at all. They are not the prettiest guns but would not carry anything else as a duty weapon.

scor5150pio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Central Indiana
    You DO NOT need a Glock! I am surrounded by Glocks all day every day! I wouldn't trade My .40cal INOX Beretta 96 for 2 Glocks. You can keep your injection molded, stamped junk. Personally I'll stick with my Italian hand-crafted precision instrument of death.

firearmsinst08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Brazil, indiana
    Im not sure that i agree that all people need to have a glock in their collection. I am a firearms istructor for the DOC and we uae glock 17 9mm for our trip weapons. Although they arevery reliable and they are light for all day carry, i sometimes question their accuracy. im not saying that they are not accurate but it seems like there are other weapons out there that are better in this area. I see them as an effective defense weapon out to certain distances. It seems to me that the weapon that i choose to carry will be all around accurate even at long distances. Hope that this info will helo you.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have said it before and I'll say it again. THe only thing to consider when thinking of buying a Glock is Fresh Water or Salt water. Then tie it on the line of your favorite boat and toss it in. Better boat anchors than guns.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    well, they always function. it slips my mind off hand who used this quote. i am probably butchering it so feel free to correct me

"if you treat your gun like you do your lawnmower, buy a glock"

since i treat my guns far better than my mower, i am gonna opt for something other than glock.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    well, they always function. it slips my mind off hand who used this quote. i am probably butchering it so feel free to correct me

"if you treat your gun like you do your lawnmower, buy a glock"

since i treat my guns far better than my mower, i am gonna opt for something other than glock.

What if you have a cool lawnmower and treat it really well?

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    What if you have a cool lawnmower and treat it really well?

good question :thumbsup: i guess that would be like having a beretta m9 in the desert as you take it apart and clean it daily.

personally i have a crappy yardmaster(or something) was given to me 4 years ago.

functionally you will be hard pressed to find anything better. they just are'nt my paticular brand:twocents:

Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    Because you want a high capacity 10mm for less than $500? That is the only reason that I bought my Glock 20.

Overall it is a nice gun, but I am still a 1911 man at heart. But you know what they say about diversity.
    Amen on that :D

and where did you find a 20 for under $500......

Top Bottom