• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WEB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Carmel
    I am looking at .22 cans. Thinking that ease of dissembly is important due to .22 being a dirty round. It looks like a lot of cheap fun!!!

bytecafe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cans are just cool.

I love my gemtech can for simple reasons. It makes shooting easier and more fun. People like to enjoy shooting and when its more quiet the people around me enjoy shooting too. Plus it looks really cool when I go to the range and shoot and have been equipment (and more toys) than the local LEO's.

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Adding a surpressor is only done for sound surpression and looks. I don't think that having a really short barrel rifle with a surpressor on would be a great idea. The amount of accuracy and muzzle velocity you would lose could be considerable on most rifles.

Of course I like surpressors and think they look cool. Just remember that you lose a lot of functionality when you add them. They don't work well with supersonic ammunition. Subsonic rounds for rifles can be difficult to find. Would work well with a .45 ACP SMG though.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Adding a surpressor is only done for sound surpression and looks. I don't think that having a really short barrel rifle with a surpressor on would be a great idea. The amount of accuracy and muzzle velocity you would lose could be considerable on most rifles.

Of course I like surpressors and think they look cool. Just remember that you lose a lot of functionality when you add them. They don't work well with supersonic ammunition. Subsonic rounds for rifles can be difficult to find. Would work well with a .45 ACP SMG though.

Spoken like a true suppressor newb...:rolleyes:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Spoken like a true suppressor newb...:rolleyes:

You mean "surpressor," right? :rolleyes:

I still don't know why guys buy 'em. ;)

DSCN2131.jpg

(click me)

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Only a wistful dream, but if I had a kingdom I'd trade it for a De Lisle carbine! Saw one at Knob Creek years ago and fell in love. My RWS air rifle makes more noise and doesn't even wobble a steel plate.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Less disturbing for people around you.
    Prevents hearing loss.
    Less intimidating for new shooters.
    Nice for indoor ranges.
    Suppressor prevents some very small levels of lead in the air from exiting with gases.

In addition to the $200 tax stamp, they can range from around $250 for a 22lr can up to $2,000+ for high end .338 lapua, .480, 50 BMG, and other custom cans.

I would say most quality handgun suppressors are in the $500-$900 range for 9mm, 45ACP, and 40 S&W. But these are just general figures.

Come on. People buy them cause they think they are cool, and want to be cool. End of story.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I've yet to come across LE in my area that has them, must of us can't afford them on our budgets. Military has an obvious use for them to kill people quietly. But really even they buy them because they are cool.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Come on. People buy them cause they think they are cool, and want to be cool. End of story.

I don't get why people buy iphones. But I don't ask people to justify themselves for buying one.

My 9mm silencer was one of the most fun things I've bought. Everyone who shoots w/ it thinks it's fun, even people who at first look at me like Tim McVey for owning it, and even people who are not avid gun people.

Did I buy it because it's cool? Yea, I think it's cool for the reasons everyone already mentioned. Bought it because I want to BE cool? Nah. certainly not enough people know I have it for that purpose, and I seldom shoot at public ranges (no use for a silencer in that case anyway). If I wanted to be cool, I guess I'd buy an iphone. :rolleyes:

If you don't see a purpose, feel free to spend your $ elsewhere. :cool:
    Otherwise, you sound like the anti-gun folks who make the same arguments about "assault weapons" or guns in general or whatever they don't think we "need."

-rvb

Last edited:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Not if it's engineered to use on a 22LR

See his quote above, it's not for a 22..... but since his .308 is bigger than a .223, he should be able to use the .308 can on his AR.

Gonna buy a can for the newest addition to my family. My 700 SPS .308

Let's hear the recommendations. I'd like to keep the total cost under $1K including the stamp.

I don't get why people buy iphones. But I don't ask people to justify themselves for buying one.

My 9mm silencer was one of the most fun things I've bought. Everyone who shoots w/ it thinks it's fun, even people who at first look at me like Tim McVey for owning it, and even people who are not avid gun people.

Did I buy it because it's cool? Yea, I think it's cool for the reasons everyone already mentioned. Bought it because I want to BE cool? Nah. certainly not enough people know I have it for that purpose, and I seldom shoot at public ranges (no use for a silencer in that case anyway). If I wanted to be cool, I guess I'd buy an iphone. :rolleyes:

If you don't see a purpose, feel free to spend your $ elsewhere. :cool:
    Otherwise, you sound like the anti-gun folks who make the same arguments about "assault weapons" or guns in general or whatever they don't think we "need."

-rvb

RepSpread.jpg

Top Bottom