• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Confession time for me... I HATED ARs. Why own 2 you ask? One to crap on and one to cover it up with of course.
    They made me use the M16 in the USMC after lugging around one of the greatest battle rifles ever. The 14.
    Fast forward 45 years and the M16/AR and I both have evolved into a better format.
    I love my ARs now. It's not always been so.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Two different jobs...

Serious question. Why do you need 2 AR's?

While I do believe everyone should own a rifle of some sort, why would one need 2, or more?

For me--Short carbine, with "Bridge" front sight, and flip up rear sight==Home defense+SHTF type of use.
    Rifle length, HB, with no sights, and good glass==Quick action hunting rifle..Bill.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Just two? I've got parts for six behind me asking to be built. Every day I say at least one should be built, but something else happens. I just need 2 hours alone to get organized.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    One of the dumbest gun sayings I've ever read.
    That's not a gun saying. It's a needs analysis saying. It applies to critical tools.

You focused on the word gun, others focused on the word need. You truly don't know what that saying means? You need to go do something that involves some risk, get outside.

There are at least 4 types of AR owners posting in this thread. Ask how many mags you need per AR and you will get even more diverse answers. Especially from those old enough to have truly experienced the AWB of 1994 and it's immediate impact.

It's guys like you wsenfeld that require I carry three guns when I travel to hunt. My gun, my spare gun, YOUR spare gun. Funny thing is, the guy with one gun is usually the one who ends up needing the spare gun.

Go figure.

Last edited:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    That's not a gun saying. It's a needs analysis saying. It applies to critical tools.

You focused on the word gun, others focused on the word need. You truly don't know what that saying means? You need to go do something that involves some risk, get outside.

There are at least 4 types of AR owners posting in this thread. Ask how many mags you need per AR and you will get even more diverse answers. Especially from those old enough to have truly experienced the AWB of 1994 and it's immediate impact.

It's guys like you wsenfeld that require I carry three guns when I travel to hunt. My gun, my spare gun, YOUR spare gun. Funny thing is, the guy with one gun is usually the one who ends up needing the spare gun.

Go figure.

You caught me, I have no clue what I'm talking about
    :bowdown: :lmfao:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So LoveMachine did you decide to sell that AR and buy a 1911 yet? :):

I am am going to troll a bit here. I see no reason that I need even one AR. Yes they are fun, yes they are cool, yes as a redblooded American gun owner it my obligation to own one. But other then that I have no reason to own such a thing. So I will continue to own my one single AR and be happy.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    LOL. I've made up my mind that I'm gonna keep it. I'll have to find another way to buy what I want now :(

So LoveMachine did you decide to sell that AR and buy a 1911 yet? :):

I am am going to troll a bit here. I see no reason that I need even one AR. Yes they are fun, yes they are cool, yes as a redblooded American gun owner it my obligation to own one. But other then that I have no reason to own such a thing. So I will continue to own my one single AR and be happy.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A1 and A2?

a1done.JPG

m16.JPG

Top Bottom