Why Does Walmart Want To Scan My Receipt?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a wacky idea. Instead of scanning my receipt and all of my purchases on the way out the door, what if there was a system of checkpoints, or even checkout lanes, where multiple people could do this operation at once, one time?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I guess I'd rather spend 5 seconds having them check my receipt than 5 minutes waiting in line to checkout.

Side note: I really hate thieves. I bought a new sink basket assembly at Home Depot yesterday and got to my house to install it only to find out that someone had stolen half the parts out of the box.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have a wacky idea. Instead of scanning my receipt and all of my purchases on the way out the door, what if there was a system of checkpoints, or even checkout lanes, where multiple people could do this operation at once, one time?

So instead of one person at each door (2), add one person to each checkout lane (6+?).

...but I'm all for better, faster, less inconvenient ways to aid loss prevention.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I HATE walmart, but stopped in Sunday out of convenience only. Saw the line on the way out and kept walking. I'll be damned if Im going to stand in line to prove to them I didnt steal anything.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Yeah the first time this happened to me they caught me off guard and I complied simply out of confusion. Now that I know what's going on I just say no thank you and keep on walking. Never had anyone follow me outside.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If I'm asked and its not for something reasonable like I'm walking a bicycle out it typically goes like this:

Them: "May I see your receipt?"
    Me: "Is no an acceptable answer?"
    Them: "Absolutely. Have a nice day."
    Me: "You too!"

I try to at least be polite about it.

I've learned when I stop to grab a case of beer I trap the receipt under my thumb so they can see it as I walk out. They typically look at me, then the receipt flapping in the breeze, and then wish me a good day and dont even ask to see it.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I went in once and had one item (pull ups I think), they asked to see my receipt. I flashed my receipt and said I paid and didn’t slow down. I know it isn’t the door greeters fault but I’m not slowing down. Of course it was only one of the few times it happened.

Top Bottom