Why Does Walmart Want To Scan My Receipt?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What difference does it make to me if the business gets things stolen? An affront to my honor by a low-wage stranger just doing his job....which he applies equally to everyone else who shops there as well....is too high a price to pay.

The point is- when confronted with a choice between being polite and being a badass, always choose the latter....how else will people know you're a badass?

Good point. That statist pig at the door can't see my truck nuts from that angle.

I might start carrying ziplock bags with me - put the receipt in it, dangle it out of reach of the employee all while telling him I'm a traveler, not a shopper.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    boy they really get apoplectic when you carry your item out without a bag

"SIR! SIR!!!!"

gif related

it's me

giphy.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    boy they really get apoplectic when you carry your item out without a bag

"SIR! SIR!!!!"

gif related

it's me

We have gone "bag crazy" where something with a perfectly good carrying handle or strap gets put into a flimsy plastic bag.

Yes, I do bring my own.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    We have gone "bag crazy" where something with a perfectly good carrying handle or strap gets put into a flimsy plastic bag.

Numerous times I've walked to the checkout carrying a few small items, and while I'm fiddling with the CC machine, the cashier puts the stuff into multiple bags.

I just reach into the bags, grab my stuff out, and go on my way.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Heck, where is the reasonably close parking for those that likely qualify for a handicap permit but do not want to abuse the system and save that for truly disabled?

I agree completely. I see more people abuse the handicap parking than actually those that need it. Last one was at Lowes. Guy pulls into spot with a lifted full sized truck. Jumps out and almost skips into the store. Took up half the other spot because of poor parking.

I have a picture I took of a guy on a motorcycle, smoking a cigarette (which he flicked onto the street) who had handicap plates. Do they give these plates out for mental deficiencies? If he has a physical handicap where he can't walk from a space father back in the lot then he maybe shouldn't be in control of a two wheeled vehicle.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree completely. I see more people abuse the handicap parking than actually those that need it. Last one was at Lowes. Guy pulls into spot with a lifted full sized truck. Jumps out and almost skips into the store. Took up half the other spot because of poor parking.

I have a picture I took of a guy on a motorcycle, smoking a cigarette (which he flicked onto the street) who had handicap plates. Do they give these plates out for mental deficiencies? If he has a physical handicap where he can't walk from a space father back in the lot then he maybe shouldn't be in control of a two wheeled vehicle.

Could have bad knees from carrying heavy loads as a Marine for six years.

At least that's why my coworker has a tag.

Surprisingly, I don't judge folks with tags - too many unknown variables. There's a process in place, and for the most part in works. Well, unless it's my sister-in-law: "Let's take mom's car it's got a handicapped plate!" :xmad:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Could have bad knees from carrying heavy loads as a Marine for six years.

At least that's why my coworker has a tag.

Surprisingly, I don't judge folks with tags - too many unknown variables. There's a process in place, and for the most part in works. Well, unless it's my sister-in-law: "Let's take mom's car it's got a handicapped plate!" :xmad:

I have bad knees. If they got bad enough that I thought I should get a tag maybe I wouldn't keep my motorcycle endorsement on my license. Just doesn't make sense to me.

As far as your SIL goes that infuriates me more so.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I had it happen the other day...

Greeter: I need to see your receipt for the paper towels.
    Me: Walked out the door without hesitation.

Top Bottom