Why is it that just bad cops get all the attention???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I didn't ask them to put their lives in harm's way. Especially not for the sake of collecting money from motorists. Comparing that to soldiers who step up to defend our liberty from those who would oppress us is laughable.
    You're being oppressed because you can't speed in a school zone?

:):

You're too ****ing dramatic. How much was your ticket?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    But we do it anyway. No one "asks" us. We do it because we chose to. No one asks us to run towards the gunfire. It is a calling, not just a job. If you have a problem with a law, take it up with those YOU elected to make them, not those of us whose job it is to enforce them.

I agree. Doesn't mean I'm going to thank you for handing out tickets or pretend that it serves any noble purpose other than collecting money from people.

You're being oppressed because you can't speed in a school zone?

:):

You're too ****ing dramatic. How much was your ticket?

I was referring to foreign enemies oppressing us and soldiers defending us from that. Not police.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Nice gimmick.

Looks like at least two accounts will be bant tonight.

BTW, I did get a good laugh out of that, so it wasn't completely in vain. :):
    Hmmmm....
    Multiple accounts, or a returning Troll??

detective.gif

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    There is an officer on here that snatched a guy off a bridge before he jumped onto I70 last year.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i think cops are much better today than twenty and thirty years ago.looking at their point of view,i would be cautious.they used to be plain mean.now there is just too much meaness,and i know its not easy to think about not coming home any day because youre dead.i am starting to meet alot of cops that are good guys,and i know most of the ones i knew when i was a kid,got wiser, and too old to be the a== holes they used to be.when i was 13 or maybe a little older,officer Dalton would let us drink beer ,then when he thought we had enough he would let us use his gun and shoot the rest of our beer.one of the good memories

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You would think Steve would like the guy for not oppressing me with his fines:dunno:

I do like that. Cops like to pretend that they aren't responsible for the silly laws they enforce. Yet they could hand out warnings if they choose instead of ticketing people. So you are responsible, stop trying to weasel out of it and blame the legislature.

The only modern example of roads without speed limits occurred in Montana, and the statistics showed quite clearly that motorists drove more safely using their own judgment than using the "deterrent" effect of speed limits. It's comical that we are all so against the nanny state, yet we want politicians to control our driving habits.

i think cops are much better today than twenty and thirty years ago.looking at their point of view,i would be cautious.they used to be plain mean.now there is just too much meaness,and i know its not easy to think about not coming home any day because youre dead.i am starting to meet alot of cops that are good guys,and i know most of the ones i knew when i was a kid,got wiser, and too old to be the a== holes they used to be.when i was 13 or maybe a little older,officer Dalton would let us drink beer ,then when he thought we had enough he would let us use his gun and shoot the rest of our beer.one of the good memories

Would you elaborate on this? I don't understand a single coherent point in that paragraph but I was greatly entertained and would like to read more.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I do like that. Cops like to pretend that they aren't responsible for the silly laws they enforce. Yet they could hand out warnings if they choose instead of ticketing people. So you are responsible, stop trying to weasel out of it and blame the legislature.
    You are aware that traffic units for IMPD and all road Troopers for ISP have a minimum number of tickets they MUST write. A Trooper will get in big trouble for falling under. Most street guys make few traffic stops and fewer actually write a ticket. Well, unless your an A hole. Your posts are starting to sound whinny. Just giving you the heads up.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    You are aware that traffic units for IMPD and all road Troopers for ISP have a minimum number of tickets they MUST write. A Trooper will get in big trouble for falling under. Most street guys make few traffic stops and fewer actually write a ticket. Well, unless your an A hole. Your posts are starting to sound whinny. Just giving you the heads up.

So if I'm understand you correctly, there IS in fact a quota that must be filled? I'm surprised to see you admit this---most road officers I speak with vehemently deny it. :twocents:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    SON, WE LIVE IN A WORLD THAT HAS ROADS, AND THOSE ROADS HAVE TO BE GUARDED BY MEN WITH RADAR GUNS. WHO'S GONNA DO IT? YOU? YOU, STEVEH131? I HAVE A GREATER RESPONSIBILITY THAN YOU COULD POSSIBLY FATHOM. YOU WEEP FOR THOSE POOR SPEEDERS, AND YOU CURSE THE MEN WHO TICKET THEM. YOU HAVE THAT LUXURY. YOU HAVE THE LUXURY OF NOT KNOWING WHAT I KNOW. THAT TAKING SPEEDERS' MONEY, WHILE TRAGIC, PROBABLY SAVED LIVES. AND MY EXISTENCE, WHILE GROTESQUE AND INCOMPREHENSIBLE TO YOU, SAVES LIVES. YOU DON'T WANT THE TRUTH BECAUSE DEEP DOWN IN PLACES YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT IN INTERNET FORUMS, YOU WANT ME ON THAT SPEED TRAP, YOU NEED ME ON THAT SPEED TRAP. WE USE WORDS LIKE INFRACTION, MOVING VIOLATION, QUOTAS. WE USE THESE WORDS AS THE BACKBONE OF A LIFE SPENT REGULATING SOMETHING. YOU USE THEM AS A PUNCHLINE. I HAVE NEITHER THE TIME NOR THE INCLINATION TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO A MAN WHO RISES AND SLEEPS UNDER THE BLANKET OF THE VERY SPEED LIMIT THAT I PROVIDE, AND THEN QUESTIONS THE MANNER IN WHICH I PROVIDE IT. I WOULD RATHER YOU JUST SAID THANK YOU, AND WENT ON YOUR WAY, OTHERWISE, I SUGGEST YOU PICK UP A RADAR GUN, AND STAND A POST. EITHER WAY, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE ENTITLED TO.

One of the best posts INGO has seen. :)::laugh::laugh::):

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So if I'm understand you correctly, there IS in fact a quota that must be filled? I'm surprised to see you admit this---most road officers I speak with vehemently deny it. :twocents:
    ISP call them "performance standards". You fall below the standard and they can ding you. I, as a lowly beat copper, have none.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Thanks for the info, Denny. I have also only had officers vehemently deny that there is such a thing as "quotas", so apparently many were lying.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thanks for the info, Denny. I have also only had officers vehemently deny that there is such a thing as "quotas", so apparently many were lying.
    It depends. ISP has them. IMPD only has them in the traffic division. The rest of us have none. So, depending on WHO you asked, they could very well be telling the truth.

Top Bottom