Why is it that just bad cops get all the attention???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    ISP call them "performance standards". You fall below the standard and they can ding you. I, as a lowly beat copper, have none.
    Ours were called "Enforcement Contacts"
    The "Brass" said that it was not a "quota system" :rolleyes:
    If you didn't play the game you got a bad Quarterly Review.
    I refused to play the game.
    As a result I didn't get a raise the last two years that I was on Active Duty, even though I was the Command Sgt. :scratch:
    I've said this before.
    99.999% of the problems in Police work are caused by the Politically appointed "Brass". :noway:
    Not the people working the streets!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Ours were called "Enforcement Contacts"
    The "Brass" said that it was not a "quota system" :rolleyes:
    If you didn't play the game you got a bad Quarterly Review.
    I refused to play the game.
    As a result I didn't get a raise the last two years that I was on Active Duty, even though I was the Command Sgt. :scratch:
    I've said this before.
    99.999% of the problems in Police work are caused by the Politically appointed "Brass". :noway:
    Not the people working the streets!!

I sure agree with that! guess we better get another room Mike? :):

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I sure agree with that! guess we better get another room Mike? :):

shss.gif

You're making Dross jealous. :lmfao:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Do the line about handling the bullets and bombs and the blood and having Danny extend you some "****ing courtesy," except replace Danny with Denny.

I am waiting for him to rip the eyes out of someones head and wizz into their dead skull!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's not a matter of good vs bad, it's a matter of there are not supposed to be any bad ones. (In theory, lol)

:yesway: Expectations. LE is expected to behave up to a particular standard. You don't get cookies for doing what's expected of you. That is reserved for the extra effort. By the same token, when that standard is not met, it raises eyebrows and causes concerns. This is particularly true when (a) the individual is still receiving standard compensation despite failure to meet the minimum expectations and/or (b) holds a position of authority/power through which that sub-standard behavior can unjustly cause harm to others.

Since speed limit laws and traffic enforcement don't work, perhaps all laws regarding speed should be abolished, and people should be able to drive as fast as they want through school zones. Does that work for you?

If you're limiting it to speed, yeah. I'm down with that.

But we do it anyway. No one "asks" us. We do it because we chose to. No one asks us to run towards the gunfire. It is a calling, not just a job. If you have a problem with a law, take it up with those YOU elected to make them, not those of us whose job it is to enforce them.

That's like saying I should get special kudos for changing my kid's poopy diapers because I'm a mom.

For some it's a calling. For others it's a means to an end. It's not LE the profession that determines whether a particular LEO is going to be good or bad. It's about the integrity of the individual. BUT... if LE the profession doesn't actively root out the less desirable individuals, the repeated stories of bad individuals wearing LE uniforms starts to taint the whole profession. If LE the profession employs policies that in fact or in appearance divide the officer from the citizen, those bad individuals will take advantage of it and smear the name of the profession as a whole..

LE is not responsible for bad individuals. But it is responsible for not cleaning house. And the culpability becomes the profession's just the same.

Top Bottom