Wife gave me $600 to spend on myself, what should I use it for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    So my amazing wife blew me away this Christmas. Not only did she get me a big set of steel targets, she got together with my in laws and gave me enough to buy the gun that I've been wanting that just happened...Or I can spend it on something else that you feel I'm missing. What should I do? :Ingo:

I realize I am late to the party on this one but...
    Do you have a safe or at least a locking storage container of some kind? Is it big enough?
    I may have missed it in your post. Safety first!

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I realize I am late to the party on this one but...
    Do you have a safe or at least a locking storage container of some kind? Is it big enough?
    I may have missed it in your post. Safety first!

I do, yes. That was last year's gift actually! Haha

thephasdin4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    Terre Haute
    You should get yourself a milsurp of some sort.... like a mosin or a Swiss k31. Worse case you can sell it for what you bought it for as long as you don't overpay for it

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Training
    No super weapon is worth anything without training and nobody can ever take training away from you!

It’s better to be good with a S&W M10 than dead with the latest wiz bang.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    All good suggestions. Let me throw another idea out there. Gun rights organizations.

NRA, of course, but The Second Amendment Foundation is hacking away at attacks on gun rights.

State organizations are good, even from the states.
    Calguns.net is a sanctuary in a tyrannical state.

Virginia Citizens Defense League is leading the way for the country in state orgs.

Even Kniferights.org is working to protect other "arms".

That said, my wife gave me $1000 and I got the POF AR-15 "The Puritan" :D

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have been a stay at home dad for a hand full of years. Sucks not having an income. My wife handed me a fist full of cash for x-mas as well. Told me to blow it on something for myself. The guilt got the best of me and I took it and put it back in our savings. She was upset so I ordered a bunch of stuff I can use. Found steal of a deal on pairs of shorts for summer. Some new rechargeable batteries, sling, flashlight, ammo......

I know what you are saying about that little voice. Its a good thing. I know of plenty of guys who overspend on gun stuff or whatever then something breaks or they run into health problems. Not good. I would load up on ammo and go shooting. Maybe spend half and save half. Sleep on it

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    OK OP......time is up. What-cha gonna do Hmmmm.....:):

I'm so nervous, I don't know! :runaway::nailbite::nailbite::nailbite::runaway: Maybe I should just send the money to you to spend so I don't have to...

Kidding. I'm either going to a shop my buddy works at that has the SFX in stock tomorrow or submitting my order tonight for the deal that got this rolling. I got a holiday bonus this week (after the holiday, which is confusing timing, but no complaints) so I can spend my Christmas money getting what I want without feeling guilty.

I'm going to use some of the bonus on getting her a decent gun belt so she can start doing steel challenge in the spring!

Thanks for everyone's help! :ingo:

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm so nervous, I don't know! :runaway::nailbite::nailbite::nailbite::runaway: Maybe I should just send the money to you to spend so I don't have to...

Kidding. I'm either going to a shop my buddy works at that has the SFX in stock tomorrow or submitting my order tonight for the deal that got this rolling. I got a holiday bonus this week (after the holiday, which is confusing timing, but no complaints) so I can spend my Christmas money getting what I want without feeling guilty.

I'm going to use some of the bonus on getting her a decent gun belt so she can start doing steel challenge in the spring!

Cool, keep us updated. I think we all now want to now your impressions when you get it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You got this.

Top Bottom